Andrew Redmayne

mack

• 2 months later...

I think we saw on Friday night with Covic and some of the goals he conceded.. I think Redmayne may have been able to stop one or two of those goals. Doesn't mean I think that Covic wasn't a better keeper for us. He has just lost a little bit lately.

Still I think the stars are aligning a bit for Redmayne. The defence is helping him out as well. I remember after the Sydney FC game I made a point that this was the first time in a long time we really looked structured as a team. Since then he has done well. His biggest enemy is his own lack of self confidence. Those saves towards the end of the game would have done the world of good for him.

• 1 month later...

made some outstanding saves last night. but yeah almost embarrassed himself, shown enough to be number 1

Reddy can fight for it.

A couple of good saves against city but 3 good goals beat him . Could another keeper have saved one of those 3 ?

The first one was bad as it was on his side but I can't see any keeper stopping the other two.

It's hard being a goalkeeper especially when your team loses. I agree he may be blamed for the 1st one but the other 2 would have beaten most goalkeepers. He also made some great saves so if you forget the air swing I would say he had a good game.

Their gk also had a great game even though he gifted us the 1st goal. Everyone makes mistakes.

Edited by tardotz

Beaten twice in 2 weeks at the near post or post HE was supposed to cover. As I have said earlier, he is no Sir Ante and Spider is no Ron Corry. I would give Reddy a run in a few weeks against a lesser opposition to give some opposition to the position but Redders deserves to be there at the moment for the derby next week. As others have said before, it is his to lose.

• 1 month later...

We have stuck for him this long, why not go another few weeks? As I said elsewhere, he was not the reason why we conceded 5 goals nor was he the reason why we couldn't score from our 9 shots in the first half.

I'm not his biggest fan but I hope he has a stellar game tomorrow night!

We have stuck for him this long, why not go another few weeks? As I said elsewhere, he was not the reason why we conceded 5 goals nor was he the reason why we couldn't score from our 9 shots in the first half.

I'm not his biggest fan but I hope he has a stellar game tomorrow night!

True, but a lot of those runs and distribution decisions he does are woeful.

I'm still Reddy in

Feel for him, if we lose tonight he alone will cop the blame.

That's because he needs to step it up.

I'm not a Redmayne hater but a lot of the time the stuff he does is questionable and I am not confident whatsoever with his control of the ball. Every time he gets the ball at his feet I have to hold my breath. Though at the same time sometimes he has pulled off some great saves but it's not consistent.