Wanderers ACL Appearances: 4
Wanderers ACL Goals: 1

Wanderers FFA Cup Appearances: 6
Wanderers FFA Cup Goals: 1

Wanderers Club World Cup Appearances:
Wanderers Club World Cup Goals:

Wanderers Total Appearances: 64
Wanderers Total Goals: 13

Yearly Appearances & Goals: 2015/16: 32 (10), 2016/17: 32 (3)

International Team: Australia
International Caps: 5
International Goals: 0

Club Exit Date: 05/11/2017

Individual Awards:

Team Honours:

Highlight: Scored on his A-League debut for the Wanderers against Brisbane Roar in Round 1 of Season 2015/16.
Highlight:
Highlight:

Description: A troubled but talented attacking midfielder with a fierce shot and a talent for getting into the opposition's faces, Nichols had a good first season for the Wanderers, but slipped away in his second, managing to score just 1 goal in the A-League. His fall from grace was compounded when after his release, he was arrested for cocaine possession at a Sydney nightclub.

View full record

Yeah I read the comments on the club's FB account when they posted about signing MN...10 comments in and there were no stupid or ridiculously misinformed comments. Made me wonder if Zuckerberg had suddenly introduced an IQ test before posting or some ****. It was really weird to see no complaints at all. Not even one grandma complained why Shinji hasn't been brought back considering he scored so many tries for us.

Yeah I read the comments on the club's FB account when they posted about signing MN...10 comments in and there were no stupid or ridiculously misinformed comments. Made me wonder if Zuckerberg had suddenly introduced an IQ test before posting or some ****. It was really weird to see no complaints at all. Not even one grandma complained why Shinji hasn't been brought back considering he scored so many tries for us.

I see what you did there ;)

Welcome to Wanderland. Sometimes a rumour is not just a rumour.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2015/04/09/nichols-camp-disputes-ill-discipline-claims

A similar outcome with the Kenwyne Jones rumour would make very happy.

Encouraging to read this in the article:

"But you can be sure that the next stop off for Mitch is an important one. He won't just come back to Australia for the sake of it. It's important who the coach is and the philosophy behind that coach and the club."

The accusations from Perth were laughable btw. You suddenly decide to cancel his contract for disciplinary issues at the same time you were desperately trying to lower your wage bill to fit in the cap? How convenient for Perth. Oh and we'll start slanderous rumours about him just to protect ourselves when we get questioned over why he was released :smurfpoint:

Edited by Alexander

I hear you Alexander, but the issue is that he has had issues in the past & everytime something similar happens (deal terminating, left out of side, etc) the same questions would be asked regarding his discipline or his fit into a side. All it takes is one person to hear something & then it starts to get out of control like a game of Chinese whispers. Yes Perth were cheating the cap & might have been looking to offload him off the wage bill but it's a bit late to do it 3/4 the way during the season & something is just not right about him leaving all of a sudden (they would have cheated the cap no matter if they held him or let him go).

It's great that his agent comes out & says the right things, that's great but it's his actions that will speak louder than words. What happens on the pitch, how he acts on the field & his performances. It's easy to talk but much harder to put it into action.

I hear you Alexander, but the issue is that he has had issues in the past & everytime something similar happens (deal terminating, left out of side, etc) the same questions would be asked regarding his discipline or his fit into a side. All it takes is one person to hear something & then it starts to get out of control like a game of Chinese whispers. Yes Perth were cheating the cap & might have been looking to offload him off the wage bill but it's a bit late to do it 3/4 the way during the season & something is just not right about him leaving all of a sudden (they would have cheated the cap no matter if they held him or let him go).

It's great that his agent comes out & says the right things, that's great but it's his actions that will speak louder than words. What happens on the pitch, how he acts on the field & his performances. It's easy to talk but much harder to put it into action.

I was really only responding to the rumours of why he left Perth. Didn't they offload other players at the same time? There were allegations made in the media that they were offloading players to get them under the cap. It was done in order for them to be able to participate in the remaining matches and to help reduce any potential FFA punishment.

• mack locked this topic