Western Sydney Wanderers to play Arsenal FC in 2017

I'll be looking to go to this and preference would be to sit in the RBB active area.

However judging by the responses, it doesn't appear likely we will be able to generate some earth shattering noise due to the stadium, ticket pricing and away active ticketing.

Shame Shame Shame.

If the WS active area do get cheaper tickets, I can see many non actives sitting down, telling people "this is my seat etc etc".

Spurs got 71 000. Chelsea got 83 000.

Arsenal playing twice, would rack up these, if not, maybe 10 000 less numbers.

Plenty of opportunity for the FFA to regulate the sale of tickets to WSW members, especially to those in an active section.

Although this is still 18 months away, so who really cares lol

Ok here's a scenario that will be more fact than fiction.

Channel 7 covers the match.

Because one of the teams playing Arsenal has Western Sydney in the name they decide on an insanely clever cross promotion event and have those incredible losers the GWS Giants / Manuka Midgets either shoving Sherrins in the Arsenal player's faces or interviewing them in the crowd before the match.

I'm not going to sit by and let this happen.

Because one of the teams playing Arsenal has Western Sydney in the name they decide on an insanely clever cross promotion event and have those incredible losers the GWS Giants / Manuka Midgets either shoving Sherrins in the Arsenal player's faces or interviewing them in the crowd before the match.

Going to be an expensive 30 minute walkout

Don't get the fascination with the AFL to plonk a Sherrin in front of every tom, dick and harry that visit. Drives me nuts.

Pitch will be rubbish, atmosphere will be rubbish due to pricing, it'll be freezing, Wenger will play U21 team, FFA will get a cut, we'll still be in the ACL, it's in a shite stadium, there'll be paper planes, muppets will do a countdown to the 90 minute mark, players will be playing at 50% so they don't get injured, people will bitch about people standing, etc.

I'll probably still go though

don't forget the incessant cry of "Aussie Aussie Aussie" for the one hit wonders who show up

Pitch will be rubbish, atmosphere will be rubbish due to pricing, it'll be freezing, Wenger will play U21 team, FFA will get a cut, we'll still be in the ACL, it's in a shite stadium, there'll be paper planes, muppets will do a countdown to the 90 minute mark, players will be playing at 50% so they don't get injured, people will bitch about people standing, etc.

don't forget the incessant cry of "Aussie Aussie Aussie" for the one hit wonders who show up

And the sale of half-half scarves... which I actually did get at the Tottenham game - on request of Mrs. Gazmon.

And the sale of half-half scarves... which I actually did get at the Tottenham game - on request of Mrs. Gazmon.

Not according to this guy

Zc3ieKY.jpg

Not according to this guy

Zc3ieKY.jpg

Ha! Seriously. She wanted one from each team we saw this year (including Chelsea and the games in Melbourne). I didn't want an SFC scarf so we met halfway. Couldn't find a Chelsea one - sold out at the game.

Having said that, it still haunts me the nightmare I had in the active bay at ANZ for the Asian Cup final. It was an absolute debacle, the concept of active support is so foreign to the employees and security they had no idea what was going on. The whole first half they spent making people go and sit in the right seats which just created one big chain reaction. Hopefully between now and then they can sort it out and learn.

Don't get me started on that absolute shambles.

ALEXIS SANCHEZ!!!

He probably won't be there unfortunately. Same with Ozil.

Re "No to ANZ" comments - remember Pirtek will be in construction mode by then so where else would it be played?

How many members will we have by then?  Maybe there won't be enough tickets for the Arsenal fans?!?!

Wouldn't matter if we had our new stadium by then, game would still be at ANZ no matter what.

ALEXIS SANCHEZ!!!

Re "No to ANZ" comments - remember Pirtek will be in construction mode by then so where else would it be played?

How many members will we have by then? Maybe there won't be enough tickets for the Arsenal fans?!?!

Wouldn't matter if we had our new stadium by then, game would still be at ANZ no matter what.

I disagree about Sanchez and Ozil not playing as we have seen with other clubs coming over they will be under contract to let there stars play ..

Won't they both be playing in the Confederations Cup? 

Yep, which finishes first week of July. So unless the matches are played the week before the first game of the season, which is not going to happen, they'll still be on holiday.

ALEXIS SANCHEZ!!!

How many members will we have by then? Maybe there won't be enough tickets for the Arsenal fans?!?!

I disagree about Sanchez and Ozil not playing as we have seen with other clubs coming over they will be under contract to let there stars play ..

As mentioned, they'll either be at the confederations cup or on holiday.

A packed RBB with us doing what we do best making some serious noise could really make a statement to the eurosnobs in attendance about what they are missing out on. It's the atmosphere that will hook them.

Having said that, it still haunts me the nightmare I had in the active bay at ANZ for the Asian Cup final. It was an absolute debacle, the concept of active support is so foreign to the employees and security they had no idea what was going on. The whole first half they spent making people go and sit in the right seats which just created one big chain reaction. Hopefully between now and then they can sort it out and learn.

How hard can it be to sell the same amount of tickets in the NT for the same amount of fans and have GA01, GA02, GA03...and so on, with no allocated seat number???  :smurfnono:

The Tottenham half I can understand but the other half would have to be burnt off before it went through my front door.  :crazy:

How many members will we have by then?  Maybe there won't be enough tickets for the Arsenal fans?!?!

That depends on how long the FFA continue down the war path with fans and ignore the urgent need for an honest appeals process.

That depends on how long the FFA continue down the war path with fans and ignore the urgent need for an honest appeals process.

Exactly. Ongoing boycotts may have killed the league by then and we are a semi-pro club and only plastics will show for this game against the gooners!

(worse case scenario).

best case - we have a thriving active area and 25,000 members, we are Asian Champions again and preparing to defend our domestic and continental titles as the Arse visit having just avoided relegation under new coach Steve Bould.

PS  - How convincing was Arsene reading the autocue on the news tonight. About being excited about the opportunity offered by 'Visit NSW'..  :)

Edited by beatsurrender
  • mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic