Football Media Discussion

Doesn't matter. Rules are you wear the watch on your left no matter what.

You should go back to the drunken ramblings thread!

You wear it on your weaker hand because:

* It's easier to get on and off

* You can check the time while you are using your stronger hand to perform a task

* It has less chance of getting damaged because you use that hand less (I just found that out on the interweb!)

Yeah I'm always needing to check the time while performing a task....

Waratahs match may move from Allianz Stadium to spare A-League Grand Final pitch for Sydney FC

TALKS are being held to move the Waratahs game against the Blues on Saturday away from Allianz Stadium, as concern grows over the state of the Allianz pitch ahead of Sunday’s A-League grand final.

A proposal has been put forward to switch the Waratahs game to North Sydney Oval, though huge logistic complications would have to be addressed before any potential deal could be struck.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/teams/sydney-fc/waratahs-match-may-move-from-allianz-stadium-to-spare-aleague-grand-final-pitch-for-sydney-fc/news-story/750622d6f202c9a9d5087cc280eac798

A proposal has been put forward to switch the Waratahs game to North Sydney Oval, though huge logistic complications would have to be addressed before any potential deal could be struck.

Logistics = FFA paying a shitload of cash to the Waratahs.

It's not called "fob watch" anymore, it's called "boarder force".

Mack! Politics!

I was watching Bill and Boz on Sunday night (I think) and Bozza was having a good old rant about the cost of grassroots football for children and how it should be cheaper. Proper order of course but then the NRL tool beside him just has to add his 2 cents to the subject by adding the zinger 'how about you make your sport more interesting' (or words to that effect).

I guess some people will just never understand the beauty of the game......

I was watching Bill and Boz on Sunday night (I think) and Bozza was having a good old rant about the cost of grassroots football for children and how it should be cheaper. Proper order of course but then the NRL tool beside him just has to add his 2 cents to the subject by adding the zinger 'how about you make your sport more interesting' (or words to that effect).

How did Bozza respond? If their game is interesting then it'd be played in more than two countries.

The rugby union match is going to remain at Allianz stadium according to one of the journalists, Iain Payten, of the original story on his Twitter account.

Yep, the Waratahs have rejected the request to move the game to North Sydney oval and will play at Allianz the night before the GF....

The rugby union match is going to remain at Allianz stadium according to one of the journalists, Iain Payten, of the original story on his Twitter account.

Yep, the Waratahs have rejected the request to move the game to North Sydney oval and will play at Allianz the night before the GF....

Apart from the pitch itself what makes the spectacle even worse is the faded on field logos from the previous fixture. In this case Super Rugby logos and their sponsors. 12 hours isn't enough time to remove them completely and you will also be able to see the rugby white lines, probably painted a different shade of green to try and cover them up. It all looks soooo amateurish. 

Apart from the pitch itself what makes the spectacle even worse is the faded on field logos from the previous fixture. In this case Super Rugby logos and their sponsors. 12 hours isn't enough time to remove them completely and you will also be able to see the rugby white lines, probably painted a different shade of green to try and cover them up. It all looks soooo amateurish.

Super rugby do a similar thing to NRL with their advertising on the pitch where it's projected only on TV. I'm not sure about the main Super rugby logo on the closer side of the pitch to the camera however.

How did Bozza respond? If their game is interesting then it'd be played in more than two countries.

He kinda chuckled in a diplomatic manner and the immediately went into wrap-up mode for the show. I don't think Bozza was impressed.

Back Page tonight = totally worth it for Jules Schiller's 15 second comment about how the (non) treatment of crowd trouble at the NRL on the weekend highlights how unfair it is the treatment the A-league receives in the wider media. The panel didn't disagree either.

Back Page tonight = totally worth it for Jules Schiller's 15 second comment about how the (non) treatment of crowd trouble at the NRL on the weekend highlights how unfair it is the treatment the A-league receives in the wider media. The panel didn't disagree either.

Pics, wait... Video!

Pics, wait... Video!

Was a good comment, he said there is racial abuse in the AFL, throwing full cans at Aaron Woods (passed off by the NRL media as the supporters voicing their displeasure) but there's a massive double standard applied if that was an A-league crowd, how  talk back radio is flooded and the A-league gets slammed in the media when a few seats get damaged

Maybe someone should send this story to Dimas, about the potential change in penalty rules - http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39798344

The idea is to stop the team going second having to always, potentially, play catch-up. The sport's rule-making body, Ifab, approved the trial after looking at research it says proves the team taking the first penalty have an unfair advantage as they win 60% of shootouts.