Football Marketing/PR Thread

Prydz and I thought this would be a worthwhile topic to start up. 

To kick things off, here's a link to the 2014 FFA Annual Financial Report - https://www.docdroid.net/EcH74iI/ffa-2014-annual-report.pdf.html

The whole thing is a good read but Page 13 is the most interesting.

In 2014, the FFA spent $12.4 million on marketing and media expenses - up from $9.4 million in 2013.

Where's all this money going? There certainly hasn't been much to show for it. 

I haven't been able to find the 2015 report yet, but I'd be interested to see whether the spending increased yet again.

I live in Sydney. Sydney has with two above board A-league franchises, and for some reason I just can't work out why I'm not seeing more advertising from the $12.4 million allocated to marketing

There are 8 other teams, some of which need a lot of help to stay above board.

Hi Micki :P

:ninja:

Thinking about it, probably the Asian Cup.

Actually, that's a good point. They did push the marketing hard for that. Mack do you know, would they have received any marketing money from the AFC too? 

As I said, it would be interesting to see the 2015 report to make a comparison. I'll have to track it down.

I live in Sydney. Sydney has with two above board A-league franchises, and for some reason I just can't work out why I'm not seeing more advertising from the $12.4 million allocated to marketing

There are 8 other teams, some of which need a lot of help to stay above board.

Hi Micki :P

:ninja:

Was I not supposed to say anything...

:ninja:  :cheeky:

Thinking about it, probably the Asian Cup.

Actually, that's a good point. They did push the marketing hard for that. Mack do you know, would they have received any marketing money from the AFC too? 

As I said, it would be interesting to see the 2015 report to make a comparison. I'll have to track it down.

I reckon the FFA had nothing to do with the Asian cup. That's up to AFC partners like Lagardere sports....

However I'm not 100% sure

Guest Melvin

This website is strange. Is there a weird gimmick that I don't know about yet?

Every time I post I get told I'm somebody else. I've even had people personally message asking me if I'm secretly "ZipGunBop"

Look if it's because of my hairstyle, and if that offends you, that's just your bad luck. I've been sporting the bowl cut for sometime now.

The Asian Cup LOC was run internally in Australia by the FFA.

I reckon the FFA had nothing to do with the Asian cup. That's up to AFC partners like Lagardere sports....

World Sports Group held broadcast rights but weren't involved in organising the actual cup itself.

:golecapproves:

Lagardere do more than just the broadcasting rights though. I'm sure they were in communication with the LOC re. marketing as Lagardere do the logos, social media etc etc. 

Prydz and I thought this would be a worthwhile topic to start up. 

To kick things off, here's a link to the 2014 FFA Annual Financial Report - https://www.docdroid.net/EcH74iI/ffa-2014-annual-report.pdf.html

The whole thing is a good read but Page 13 is the most interesting.

In 2014, the FFA spent $12.4 million on marketing and media expenses - up from $9.4 million in 2013.

Where's all this money going? There certainly hasn't been much to show for it. 

I haven't been able to find the 2015 report yet, but I'd be interested to see whether the spending increased yet again.

This is the link to the Financial Annual Reports for the FFA since 2009.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/about/financial-reports/1501wnyya6qsr125xfjm43azsj

Credit to Flytox who first posted this in the Football Media Discussion thread, post #1070.