Wanderers ACL Appearances: 2
Wanderers ACL Goals: 0

Wanderers FFA Cup Appearances: 0
Wanderers FFA Cup Goals: 2

Wanderers Club World Cup Appearances: 0
Wanderers Club World Cup Goals: 0

Wanderers Total Appearances: 21
Wanderers Total Goals: 0

Yearly Appearances & Goals: 2016/17: 21 (0)

International Team: Uruguay
International Caps: 0
International Goals: 0

Individual Awards:

Team Honours:

Highlight:
Highlight:
Highlight:

Description: Having made his senior debut at age 16 for hometown Rentistas, Pinateres has played in his native Uruguay as well as in Brazil, amassing over 100 games in his 10 year career thus far. His performance was mediocre at best, and he was released a year early.

View full record

I can see how last seasons review went.

Tsatsimas: So we need to score more goals. Apparently the golden boot went to some Uruguayan bloke named Bruno. What are we going to do?

Popa: I've got it!

It was more along the line of:

JT: Our DM started strong, then got injured, and didn't quite look the same afterwards. He was regularly out muscled, was beaten in the air, and in the semi against Brisbane he produced a penalty and an own goal.

Popa: I think I need to go to South America in the off season.

100 games in 10 years?

O.0

None of the tallies I found included any matches from his first club when he debuted at 16 and was there another 3 years. Nor does it I think count the 'state competition' that he would have potentially played in Brazil (which is separate to the overall national division).

That 100 games is really only from the last 4 years or so, from 11/12 to 15/16. He's played about 20 to 30 games every season in the last 4 years.

I used to dislike the Uruguay national team for many years as they gave Australia a hard time in qualifying for World Cups, as well as coming out with a few more of the dirtier tactics and foul play. But over the years I've learnt actually to respect such a tiny nation doing so well. A lot of 'street smarts' in their footballers.

So to our new signing form Uruguay I say "Arriba, Arriba!"   :good:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On the way out of the Collector I told him that we haven/t beaten Smurf FC for almost three years by the time the next season kicks off. Way too long. I believe he understood very well what I was saying.

Going by what I heard yesterday we appear to have signed a smiling assassin. Bring it on, Bruno!

• 1 month later...

Watched the replay of the FFA Cup game against Edgeworth. I noticed he used his left foot but transfermarkt lists him as a RF. Which foot is his dominant?

could be his right, maybe he just chose to use his left foot more often because we were up by a few goals and wanted to get some practice in?  :unknw: