Jack Clisby

He's a player every aleague club needs in a salary capped league - cheap and does his job (most nights)

He's on around a third of what Jamieson was on, so don't expect more than what you see now

The way the cap works, every team will have 3-4 sub 100k players in their starting 11's. It's about making sure they are the best of that group available

Mistake aside, he's doing his job - nothing more, and don't expect anything more

Can't defend. Everyone hailed him as the Messiah because he gets forward well, but he's positionally poor and gets beaten 1v1 far too often for a fullback. 

Thing is... and I think this went under the radar somewhat, I thought he was ******* awful going forward at the Derby, constantly ****ed up from a good position and he went missing a bit against the jets....now I agree he is the kind of player every HAL club needs and he has done good this season overall. Just needs to get hos composure back going that I think has been missing not just yesterday but for the last 3 weeks.

He's a player every aleague club needs in a salary capped league - cheap and does his job (most nights)

He's on around a third of what Jamieson was on, so don't expect more than what you see now

The way the cap works, every team will have 3-4 sub 100k players in their starting 11's. It's about making sure they are the best of that group available

Mistake aside, he's doing his job - nothing more, and don't expect anything more

Agree completely, and getting the right ones of these is almost as important as getting the marquees right. S1 we had d'Apuzzo, Gibbs, Trifiro who were great cap players who could contribute something (in d'Apuzzo's case, a lot of something) to the overall squad.

Can't defend. Everyone hailed him as the Messiah because he gets forward well, but he's positionally poor and gets beaten 1v1 far too often for a fullback. 

Yep. People also like him because he's not afraid to go through the back of someone.

He gets overpowered a bit in the air too.

I think when he plays bad he plays REAL bad. He's 24, time to end the inconsistency and toughen up a bit too.

That said... left backs are thin on the ground in Australia, we could do a lot worse. 

He's on around a third of what Jamieson was on, so don't expect more than what you see nowThe way the cap works, every team will have 3-4 sub 100k players in their starting 11's. It's about making sure they are the best of that group available

Agree completely, and getting the right ones of these is almost as important as getting the marquees right. S1 we had d'Apuzzo, Gibbs, Trifiro who were great cap players who could contribute something (in d'Apuzzo's case, a lot of something) to the overall squad.

Letting Trifiro go was the beginning of the end.

He's on around a third of what Jamieson was on, so don't expect more than what you see nowThe way the cap works, every team will have 3-4 sub 100k players in their starting 11's. It's about making sure they are the best of that group available

Letting Trifiro go was the beginning of the end.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
14 minutes ago, Swanderer said:

Thanks for the effort J Clisby ,

continue on with the Beavis impersonations

Loved his tackle in his first comp game v Adelaide....cleaned up Carusca....( I think )...

48 minutes ago, EmMac said:

Farewell Jack, and all the best in the future

Signed, the Jack Clisby Experience Trivia team

Do we rename or do we continue with the name? I vote continue unless he signs with sydney