Tepid Draw Kills Home Final Hopes

Delije, I've been on here before saying that it's none of my business what the split is about, and I admire anyone that wants to start their own group, but you don't do yourself or WST any favours when you complain about the comments on here but then write stuff like:

WST who sing for our team and sing actual songs for our team and not about themselves.

I hope the RBB continue on for an eternity and you all clap along with them. 

Condescending comments about the style of the other group is not going to endear you to anyone, or make people believe that you aren't in competition with them. Or if someone was thinking of switching (I know you always used to say that you are open to all), they might think twice if they think it's full of arrogant people who only want to belittle and beat the RBB.

I thought it was weird WST was swapped. I actually like them next us helped the atmosphere in ANZ. Having them sooo close to the RBB really they both get in the way of each other because they have different chants. and so difficult to sync up as well. 

Anyway now that the finals path is a little clearer who do we prefer to travel to?

I thought it was weird WST was swapped. I actually like them next us helped the atmosphere in ANZ. Having them sooo close to the RBB really they both get in the way of each other because they have different chants. and so difficult to sync up as well. 

Anyway now that the finals path is a little clearer who do we prefer to travel to?

Brisbane.  I just think City are more dangerous. They have big game players like Vision and Bruno who will step up for a big occasion and can't be ar$ed at other times. I don't rate Brisbane at all

Brisbane.  I just think City are more dangerous. They have big game players like Vision and Bruno who will step up for a big occasion and can't be ar$ed at other times. I don't rate Brisbane at all

If it is Brissy they will get wevenge for last years 5-4 defeat...football works like that lol.

Have a better vibe at progressing down in Melbourne.

I was sitting in line with the penalty box on the WST side...It was loud but hearing them and the RBB singing different chants was very confusing (almost annoying).

I hope they work something out, both sing the same chants or alternate but not different ones at the same time. ANZ is a massive ground I don't see why they both have to be close the each other. I don't know what their difference​s are and don't really care, we go to watch the Wanderers and support them not to have a #_$#_&- competition between wsw supporters.

WST are not there to compete with the RBB. WST are there to support WSW.

WST did not ask to be moved from their regular spot in ANZ and are happy to sing for WSW in their corner away from the RBB and away from anyone else having a cry about WST who sing for our team and sing actual songs for our team and not about themselves. WST were forced to sit where they sat on Saturday night as the club wanted them away from away supporters, even though only Victory had 10 supporters at the game.

We all support the same team and it's very sad for me to read some of your comments on here.

Delije, it wasn't a dig at WST. If it was the FFA,ANZ or the club's descion to move you then they are at fault.

What I was saying was that having the two groups next to each other doing different chants (at the same time) was bad. I don't have a problem with any of the groups, the more active fans the better... I just wish they can work together.

I know you were not having a dig.. it's all good. Understand this though and try and process this even though it is unfortunate...the RBB and WST will never work together. Two different supporter groups with two different mentalities. WST will continue to grow and support WSW the way WST want to do it, game responsive support.

I hope the RBB continue on for an eternity and you all clap along with them. But WST are here and are here to stay.

Ive admired the contributions of WST to the atnosphere of our games until last game, although it's very sad to me to see the active support divide two ways.

I'm glad you've let us know that the move was imposed rather than by choice. Two active groups going all out together so close to each other did not work.

What I found really disappointing was how the drumming ramped up a third of the way through the WDWSF.

I don't even think it finished...well on my side of the stadium, where the first call and response begins, the final all-in-together didn't happen.

Absolutely, we were not happy that we were moved away from our regular spot and closer to the RBB. 

More than likely the WST didn't hear/see the WDWSF. WST always try and let the RBB do this without interruption. Maybe the WDWSF began during a chant WST had begun? I don't know?

Deljie.......

First bolded  point - I'm just a nuffie that enjoys the atmosphere created by active supporter groups. That's a real shame that you see no resolution to the split. If the two were together, without doubt the best supporter group of any sport in the country. At present, it is just two bit pieces.

2nd bolded point above - rubbish. WST knew exactly what they were doing during the WDYSF IMO. It was very clear you guys started up during it.

Also, the few chants you did  join in with the RBB, it was clear that you guys were purposely singing out of sync. I was further away from the RBB and had no problem keeping in time  with them during Ole Ole  clap clap, while WST were clearly out of time.

It's a shame really.

In saying all the above, I have no allegiance to either active group and just want to see both grow,

Delije, I've been on here before saying that it's none of my business what the split is about, and I admire anyone that wants to start their own group, but you don't do yourself or WST any favours when you complain about the comments on here but then write stuff like:

WST who sing for our team and sing actual songs for our team and not about themselves.

I hope the RBB continue on for an eternity and you all clap along with them. 

Condescending comments about the style of the other group is not going to endear you to anyone, or make people believe that you aren't in competition with them. Or if someone was thinking of switching (I know you always used to say that you are open to all), they might think twice if they think it's full of arrogant people who only want to belittle and beat the RBB.

Sorry mate I am not complaining about any comments on here. I was just clearing all the confusion a  lot of people on here had regarding why WST were sitting so close to the RBB. 

Hehehe mate WST are their for WSW not for you nor for the RBB. If you think we are in direct competition with the RBB then go ahead and believe that. 

Some general thoughts on the game.....

- we huffed and puffed but created few clear chances and the main one we got was from a give away from mahazi (i think - haven't seen the game on tv yet). slow movement from side to side with no penetration was like earlier in the season - especially after baccus went off. HOWEVER, big difference from earlier in the season is that we conceded very few chances - back 5 were excellent defensively. I still can't help but think that if popa had of sent borda off to train with the kids a month earlier that we would be looking at a home final. ah well.

- ANZ is garbage for active support. its a cavernous black hole. Spotless while rubbish in a myriad of other ways, is much, much better for the RBB - noise is contained and amplified by the roof, we have the fans above us joining in etc.

- our crossing was so poor. I think we maybe hit 2 decent cross out of 30 or so. we got in great positions but never looked like creating a chance. neville, clisby, nico, jumpei were all guilty of it.

- considering how much bed wetting there has been about all of the problems this season we are probably going to finish 5th. I dread to think what will happen if we ever sink to the depths of the jets and not make the finals for 6 or 7 years. this fanbase needs a LOT more resilience.

- i'm not going to get into the WST thing - most big clubs around the world have multiple, competing support factions. at least our split is reasonably civil - could be a lot worse.

- i hope we get city in the semi - they are nothing special. although the ffa will probably mandate that cahill be allowed a step ladder so he can climb above corny and head the winning goal.

Totally agree.

Re: crossing - I have read numerous articles showing stats proving crossing isn't as efficient as trying to pass through on the ground. I would assume that the lower the quality of play the more efficient crossing is in comparison, but still. Our crossing has been terrible. It seems that we want to pass through teams but the open wide man becomes the easier option and we just take that, and then... nothing. I think our opposition are happy to concede the wide areas. I know I would be if it was Clisby receiving the ball.

I was sitting in line with the penalty box on the WST side...It was loud but hearing them and the RBB singing different chants was very confusing (almost annoying).

I hope they work something out, both sing the same chants or alternate but not different ones at the same time. ANZ is a massive ground I don't see why they both have to be close the each other. I don't know what their difference​s are and don't really care, we go to watch the Wanderers and support them not to have a #_$#_&- competition between wsw supporters.

WST did not ask to be moved from their regular spot in ANZ and are happy to sing for WSW in their corner away from the RBB and away from anyone else having a cry about WST who sing for our team and sing actual songs for our team and not about themselves. WST were forced to sit where they sat on Saturday night as the club wanted them away from away supporters, even though only Victory had 10 supporters at the game.

We all support the same team and it's very sad for me to read some of your comments on here.

Delije, it wasn't a dig at WST. If it was the FFA,ANZ or the club's descion to move you then they are at fault.

What I was saying was that having the two groups next to each other doing different chants (at the same time) was bad. I don't have a problem with any of the groups, the more active fans the better... I just wish they can work together.

I know you were not having a dig.. it's all good. Understand this though and try and process this even though it is unfortunate...the RBB and WST will never work together. Two different supporter groups with two different mentalities. WST will continue to grow and support WSW the way WST want to do it, game responsive support.

I hope the RBB continue on for an eternity and you all clap along with them. But WST are here and are here to stay.

Ive admired the contributions of WST to the atnosphere of our games until last game, although it's very sad to me to see the active support divide two ways.

I'm glad you've let us know that the move was imposed rather than by choice. Two active groups going all out together so close to each other did not work.

What I found really disappointing was how the drumming ramped up a third of the way through the WDWSF.

I don't even think it finished...well on my side of the stadium, where the first call and response begins, the final all-in-together didn't happen.

Absolutely, we were not happy that we were moved away from our regular spot and closer to the RBB. 

More than likely the WST didn't hear/see the WDWSF. WST always try and let the RBB do this without interruption. Maybe the WDWSF began during a chant WST had begun? I don't know?

Deljie.......

First bolded  point - I'm just a nuffie that enjoys the atmosphere created by active supporter groups. That's a real shame that you see no resolution to the split. If the two were together, without doubt the best supporter group of any sport in the country. At present, it is just two bit pieces.

2nd bolded point above - rubbish. WST knew exactly what they were doing during the WDYSF IMO. It was very clear you guys started up during it.

Also, the few chants you did  join in with the RBB, it was clear that you guys were purposely singing out of sync. I was further away from the RBB and had no problem keeping in time  with them during Ole Ole  clap clap, while WST were clearly out of time.

It's a shame really.

In saying all the above, I have no allegiance to either active group and just want to see both grow,

1. Yes it is a real shame and I agree with you if the two were together it would be better for everyone but understand that this will not happen.

2. It's people like you who try to start a division with supporters in believing what you just wrote in  your second point. How do you know WST knew exactly what they were doing during the WDYSF? Me personally I didn't and it was obvious that everyone else around me did not see when the RBB do the WDWSF. What was very clear that we starting up during it? 

Also, how was it clear that we purposely sang out of sync? Your a funny boy, a little delusional but funny. Obviously you have never been to an away game to witness how WST join the RBB in some chants and how WST deliberately ( :good:) sing out of sync there too.

The hatred is real.

Did the WST have to put up with similar security guard bullshit as the RBB had to re seating in Spotless Stadium?

Yes and over policed since the derby when some smurfs tried to come at us the last derby. Hence the re-seating at ANZ.

Yeah I noticed that...almost as if they had to double the riot police contingent due to the split....in games like the Phoenix one

From Adam Peacock..

SURPRISE

As the fireworks from the Easter Show put overzealous security guards on heat at the Wanderers game on Saturday night, on the pitch Western Sydney produced 26 shots of their own. 26 shots!!

With, incredibly, just 3 on target - and all from Nico Martinez. The rest, 0/21!

Yes, after Daniel Georgievski’s removal Melbourne Victory retreated to their own box, making it as crowded as the 1.52 from Mumbai to Pune.

But still, three from 26, a rate of 11% is the lowest percentage of any team with over 20 shots in a game for five seasons.

Deljie.......

It's a shame really.

1. Yes it is a real shame and I agree with you if the two were together it would be better for everyone but understand that this will not happen.

2. It's people like you who try to start a division with supporters in believing what you just wrote in  your second point. How do you know WST knew exactly what they were doing during the WDYSF? Me personally I didn't and it was obvious that everyone else around me did not see when the RBB do the WDWSF. What was very clear that we starting up during it? 

Also, how was it clear that we purposely sang out of sync? Your a funny boy, a little delusional but funny. Obviously you have never been to an away game to witness how WST join the RBB in some chants and how WST deliberately ( :good:) sing out of sync there too.

The hatred is real.

Going to stand up for WST here in relation to WDWSF seeing as I was right next to them..... not only did WST not know it was happening most of the people around me didn't know either, I didn't know until I seen people further along the stand responding back to the RBB and it was well in to it by then, no way the WST did anything deliberate to try and spoil WDWSF.

I was impressed with WST actually, shame there is a split but if WST can get their position right in a stadium well away from the RBB they have much to offer.

Good to hear that perspective Boro!  

There was drama at the far end of the pitch - as I said earlier, so people wouldn't have seen the call. And there was noise from the crowd that meant the call wasn't easy to hear either.

:)  :)

I was impressed with WST actually, shame there is a split but if WST can get their position right in a stadium well away from the RBB they have much to offer.

Agreed, but if it's cops and security making the call then what are they gonna do?

I hope that the club uses some sense here and works it out with authorities (and also that WST and RBB work with the club and tells them this can't continue). They need to find them a spot that is not near the RBB. 

From Adam Peacock..

SURPRISE

As the fireworks from the Easter Show put overzealous security guards on heat at the Wanderers game on Saturday night, on the pitch Western Sydney produced 26 shots of their own. 26 shots!!

With, incredibly, just 3 on target - and all from Nico Martinez. The rest, 0/21!

Yes, after Daniel Georgievski’s removal Melbourne Victory retreated to their own box, making it as crowded as the 1.52 from Mumbai to Pune.

But still, three from 26, a rate of 11% is the lowest percentage of any team with over 20 shots in a game for five seasons.

A shame he commented on a game he clearly didn't watch.

I'd hazard a guess that at least another 6-10 of those shots were on target but blocked shortly after being hit (usually by defenders). Obviously there's a certain criteria for the way the stats are recorded, fair enough, but if he watched the game he'd realise that the old adage of "stats don't tell the whole story" is quite true in this case.

I think that Victory is becoming that team we don't like to play. When was the last time we scored against them? They have a pretty potent attack on their day which has destroyed us a few times, but can also can defend quite comfortably against us when required.

I think that Victory is becoming that team we don't like to play. When was the last time we scored against them? They have a pretty potent attack on their day which has destroyed us a few times, but can also can defend quite comfortably against us when required.

We scored 2 with a clean sheet at Pirtek.

Santa scored an equaliser in Melbourne last year in a 1-1 draw

Agreed, but if it's cops and security making the call then what are they gonna do?

I hope that the club uses some sense here and works it out with authorities (and also that WST and RBB work with the club and tells them this can't continue). They need to find them a spot that is not near the RBB. 

There will be no problem at Spotless but the big games at ANZ are an issue and I'm not sure where they can be placed so that they are away from the RBB and also opposition fans. There was a minor scuffle at the last Sydney game and they had an intimidating presence in the first Sydney game even though they weren't adjacent to the Cove. Maybe an upper tier but that costs $$$

From Adam Peacock..

SURPRISE

Bollocks Peacock. We demand an apology! :pappoiya:

anyone else receive a ticket after parking near the stadium? stupid special event, $253 fine

The parking officers at Sydney Olympic Park are the most active anywhere I've seen in Sydney. ALL the time, not just during the Easter Show. I know, I work there. They just totally suck.

SOPA use an external company and I've heard stories where they booked SOPA marked cars because they didn't have a ticket. It's pure revenue easing for them.