Western Sydney Stadiums and Facilities - Launch

so no update on where matches will be played? Where the derby will be?

Ok so the homeground wasn't confirmed right?

Amongst all the excitement of Logo, Colours and Players I thought I missed the bit where they confirmed Parra Stadium as our home.

Although the logo in the centre circle is surely a confirmation of sorts...

Yeah, I read elsewhere that Penrith and Campbelltown will host Youth and Womens, but nothing confirming all games at Parra. We do know we have a match at Campbelltown (as seen in the draw).

I cannot stress how important it is we voice our opinions here, because I will bet my left and right nut that FFA and Wanderers scour this site for public sentiment.

Just read Gormans comments again and he clearly states.....

"Parramatta will definitely host SOME of the games"

As I said earlier, everyone needs to be vocal.

As long as 'some' means all except for the match at Campbelltown then I'll be happy. Maybe he says that to freak us out and make us think we're going to be moving all over the place, only to soften the blow when they announce the derby's at ANZ.

Or maybe he's being cheeky and saying that some games will be at Parramatta, the others will be away games :xbop:

Seeing that the team reveal was done at Parramatta Stadium, I would say this will be the teams official 'home' stadium.

Expect 2-3 home games played in other stadiums....I hope it's not more than that.

on foxsportnews, just then, they said that the western sydney wanderers will play their first game against central coast at parramatta staduim. dont know if that was a slip of the tongue or what

on foxsportnews, just then, they said that the western sydney wanderers will play their first game against central coast at parramatta staduim. dont know if that was a slip of the tongue or what

Lyall said that himself.

I asked him directly about ANZ and while he couldn't confirm anything, he did say they were listening to the fans. With Kewell leaving MV I don't think we'll see many games if any at ANZ. Hopefully they are just using the other places as leverage against Parra.

i hope he meant that all home games will be played at parra, except the preseason friendlies

two of the 3 sydney derbies are at our home or TBA, so i wouldnt be too surprised if one wil lbe at ANZ to be honest. Hopefully they are both at parra though

When quissed by myself, the CEO and popa indicated that trial games are likely to be played against NSWPL clubs at various locations within Western Sydney.

Given that Valentine Park Complex is not up to scratch the initial training base appears likely to be at Blacktown (Spartans) ground.

Date for initial training session has not been set in concrete, however, CEO indicated that a pre-season of 10 weeks+ will be necessary.

CEO took on board my suggestion that the initial training session should it fall in upcoming school holidays, would attract a large audience if it were an open session.

Understandably he wants to protect the clubs brand and not expose it to media ridicule if only a partial squad were in attendance.

With the FFA having done so well with the launch and esp the kit, hopefully they don't throw it all away by moving us around to different grounds! And if anyone from the FFA is reading this forum, please don't play any games at ANZ, NONE!!!!

On Grandstand just then they said first trial matches will be in August.

BTW, I hope Parra Stadium can stock some good wog food. Burek, chevapi etc and not just pies and hot dogs.

Damn, can't edit my prev post but it's confirmed.

Pre-Season will begin next month, and probably on the 5th.

I agree Benched, hopefully they accommodate 'footballing' food so to speak.

I did hear Pre-Season is beginning on the 5th, could have changed a few times since then though.

I did press the CEO about this aspect, 2nd or 5th July, however, he indicated that he and popa haven't spoken specifically about the training commencement date.

He did however reveal that popa has only just arrived back home after being OS. Why would that be???