Jump to content
Match Database Index Link
Sign in to follow this  

Melbourne City vs Western Sydney Wanderers 24/03/2017 7:50PM


mack
  • Opponent: Melbourne City
    Home Team: Melbourne City
    Away Team: Western Sydney Wanderers
    Sydney Kick-Off Time: 7:50PM EDT
    Round: 24
    Competition: A-League Regular Season
    Location: Melbourne, Victoria
    Stadium: AAMI Park
    Result: West Sydney Loss
    Western Sydney Score: 0
    Opponent Score: 3
    Time Of Result: 90 Minutes
    Western Sydney Starting Lineup: Vedran Janjetovic, Raul Llorente, Brendan Hamill, Michael Thwaite, Alvaro Cejudo, Steven Lustica, Roly Bonevacia, Keanu Baccus, Chris Ikonomidis, Oriol Riera, Mark Bridge
    Western Sydney Substitutions: Jaushua Sotirio (Chris Ikonomidis 66), Brendon Santalab (Alvaro Cejudo 78), Marc Tokich (Steven Lustica 82)
    Western Sydney Unused Substitues: Nick Suman, Jack Clisby
    Western Sydney Cards: Oriol Riera (Yellow 86)
    Western Sydney Manager: Josep Gombau
    Opponent Starting Lineup: Dean Bouzanis, Scott Jamieson, Bart Schenkeveld, Michael Jakobsen, Nathanial Atkinson, Oliver Bozanic, Luke Brattan, Dario Vidosic, Stefan Mauk, Daniel Arzani, Bruno Fornaroli
    Opponent Substitutions: Nick Fitzgerald (Bruno Fornaroli 75), Harrison Delbridge (Michael Jakobsen 78), Manny Muscat (Stefan Mauk 85),
    Opponent Unused Substitues: Eugene Galekovic, Marcin Budzinski
    Opponent Goals: Bruno Fornaroli (42), Michael Jakobsen (57), Stefan Mauk (67)
    Opponent Manager: Warren Joyce
    Attendance: 6354
    Referee: Jarred Gillett
    Note 1: Marc Tokich made his A-League debut in this game, for the Wanderers.
Melbourne City vs Western Sydney Wanderers 24/03/2017 7:50PM

Edited by mack

Sign in to follow this  


User Feedback

Recommended Comments



5 minutes ago, luisenrique said:

The first WSW game I'll be watching on FTA this season. How exciting.

It's exactly the same as Fox, except for more needless ads!

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

I miss Lucy and Craig

How about Basheer?

With the colour commentary of Michael Bridges or Clint Bolton? Neither of which were that bad - in comparison to Basheer.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Carns said:

How about Basheer? With the colour commentary of Michael Bridges or Clint Bolton?

No

I turned over to fox for the game, just watched Lucy and Craig for pre game, half time and post game analysis 

Basheer was dreadful, bridges and Bolton I could handle 

in fact give me either of them over slater

Edited by StringerBellend

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Carns said:

It's exactly the same as Fox, except for more needless ads!

Its not too bad now to be honest they have gotten better. Ads usually happen when there is a substitute which is usually one for the Matildas. 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Its not too bad now to be honest they have gotten better. Ads usually happen when there is a substitute which is usually one for the Matildas. 

They were also happening after goals in the last game I saw.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Carns said:

They were also happening after goals in the last game I saw.

True its annoying for Wanderer home games because you don't hear the roar of the player that scored which of course we always enjoy. Still annoying but at least its watchable from when they first started,

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

So who is in the starting XI with no Carrusca or Risdon. I reckon the following 

Vedran

Raul (RB), Hamill, Thwaite, Clisby

Roly (HM)

AMs Baccus Jnr, Cejudo

RW Ikonomidis 

LW Bridge

St Riera

Bench Suman or Tyson, Sotirio, Baccus Snr, Tass M, Santalab 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

So who is in the starting XI with no Carrusca or Risdon. I reckon the following 

Vedran

Raul (RB), Hamill, Thwaite, Clisby

Roly (HM)

AMs Baccus Jnr, Cejudo

RW Ikonomidis 

LW Bridge

St Riera

Bench Suman or Tyson, Sotirio, Baccus Snr, Tass M, Santalab 

Lustica will start Gumby loves him and to be fair he has played quite well lately 

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

C’mon, for all of people’s question marks about Josep’s man management, he has certainly shown he knows how to get the best out of Hamill.

”No Brendan, the OTHER end”.

It’s a wonder it never occurred to anyone to tell him before 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Carns said:

They were also happening after goals in the last game I saw.

Isn't showing ads during a game against FIFA regulations?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think so. I know the laws of the game say you can't put any advertising markings on or near the pitch but nothing about advertising iirc.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Western Sydney Wanderers FC: 3.Jack CLISBY, 5.Brendan HAMILL, 7.Steven LUSTICA, 8.Roly BONEVACIA, 9.Oriol RIERA, 10.Alvaro CEJUDO, 11.Brendon Santalab, 15.Kearyn BACCUS, 16.Jaushua SOTIRIO, 18.Chris IKONOMIDIS, 19.Mark BRIDGE, 20.Vedran JANJETOVIC, 21.Marc TOKICH, 24.Raul LLORENTE, 33.Michael THWAITE, 34.Kosta GROZOS, 40.Nicholas SUMAN, 42.Keanu BACCUS
**two to be omitted**

Ins: 9.Oriol RIERA (returns from injury), 15.Kearyn BACCUS (promoted), 21.Marc TOKICH (promoted), 34.Kosta GROZOS (promoted)
Outs: 4.Josh RISDON (international duty), 6.Marcelo CARRUSCA (injury quad strain – one week)

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

i wish I could see a win but we hardly get anything from trips to Melbourne and I fear this game and our shocking record down there will cement our position as a team with the quality to challenge for 6th place at best.

Edited by beatsurrender

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don’t know why but all of a sudden starting to feel a bit of excitement again 

maybe because all **** aside the actual race to the finals is interesting 

we play teams who could all be finals opponents, each week like bridge said is a final 

heard a good contingent of support is expected i reckon we can sneak a 1 nil win 

more hopeful than anything 

Edited by GunnerWanderer

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, GunnerWanderer said:

Don’t know why but all of a sudden starting to feel a bit of excitement again 

maybe because all **** aside the actual race to the finals is interesting 

we play teams who could all be finals opponents, each week like bridge said is a final 

heard a good contingent of support is expected i reckon we can sneak a 1 nil win 

more hopeful than anything 

There's lots to be excited about: four wins and we'll end up third, knock out Roar or Reds in the first round of post season cup, roll the Jets in Newcastle in the semi, and beat the Smurfs on penalties at ANZ in front of a 80k crowd. GF day will be declared Gombau day, and Mack will rename the forum to westsydneygombau.com. Something like that.

Or we come 7th...

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, FCB said:

There's lots to be excited about: four wins and we'll end up third, knock out Roar or Reds in the first round of post season cup, roll the Jets in Newcastle in the semi, and beat the Smurfs on penalties at ANZ in front of a 80k crowd. GF day will be declared Gombau day, and Mack will rename the forum to westsydneygombau.com. Something like that.

Or we come 7th...

 

That’s the dream isn’t it? (apart from the forum rename) 

Saturday is a huge game, the most winnable of the two away fixtures, and we need to go into those last two home games inside the 6 not outside of it.

Dont want to be playing Adelaide and Brisbane where a draw is good enough for them. 

I’m keeping the Gombau tattoo on hold for now though

Edited by StringerBellend

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DeeDee said:

Where is Chris Herd?

AFAIK he is in England for personal reasons.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites



Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...