Jump to content
Match Database Index Link
Sign in to follow this  

Newcastle Jets vs Western Sydney Wanderers 22/12/2017 7:50PM


mack
  • Opponent: Newcastle Jets
    Home Team: Newcastle Jets
    Away Team: Western Sydney Wanderers
    Sydney Kick-Off Time: 7:50PM EDT
    Round: 12
    Competition: A-League Regular Season
    Location: Broadmeadow, New South Wales
    Stadium: Newcastle Stadium
    Result: West Sydney Loss
    Western Sydney Score: 0
    Opponent Score: 4
    Time Of Result: 90 Minutes
    Western Sydney Starting Lineup: Vedran Janjetovic, Raul Llorente, Brendan Hamill, Jonathan Aspro, Michael Thwaite, Alvaro Cejudo, Roly Bonevacia, Keanu Baccus, Jumpei Kusukami, Mark Bridge, Brendon Santalab
    Western Sydney Substitutions: Oriol Riera (Brendon Santalab 46), Steven Lustica (Brendan Hamill 46)
    Western Sydney Unused Substitues: John Hall, Jack Clisby, Robbert Cornthwaite
    Western Sydney Manager: Josep Gombau
    Opponent Starting Lineup: Glen Moss, Ivan Vujica, Nigel Boogaard, Nikolai Topor-Stanley, Jason Hoffman, Steven Ugarkovic, Ben Kantarovski, Joey Champness, Dimitri Petratos, John Katroumbis, Andrew Nabbout
    Opponent Substitutions: Mario Shabow (Joey Champness 84), Wayne Brown (Ben Kantarovski 86), Devante Clut (Dimitri Petratos 89)
    Opponent Unused Substitues: Ivan Necevski, Lachlan Jackson
    Opponent Goals: John Kourtroumbis (11), Jason Hoffman (60), Ben Kantarovski (68), Steven Ugarkovic (84)
    Opponent Cards: John Kourtroumbis (Yellow 19), Ben Kantarovski (Yellow 75)
    Opponent Manager: Ernie Merrick
    Attendance: 9862
    Referee: Kris Griffiths-Jones
    Post Match Thread:

    Jets Tear Wanderers To Shreds

Newcastle Jets vs Western Sydney Wanderers 22/12/2017 7:50PM
Sign in to follow this  


User Feedback

Recommended Comments



6 minutes ago, sonar said:

Last season........WSW v ESFC..lost ...0-4......WSW V Melb Vic...lost ......0-3.............WSW v Urawa reds ....lost  0-4..........WSW v Urawa....lost 1-6.......WSW V Shanghai.....lost........1-5...........

As a example......6 games......scored 2  &  conceded 22

That's mighty fine football defending right there from last season.    

To be fair you've selected games against both grand finalists, the Asian champions (twice) and a cashed up Chinese powerhouse to support that argument.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheSweeper said:

What were the subs I was off crying in the other room ?

Riera and Lustica for Santa and Hamill. Baccus to rb.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Davo said:

To be fair you've selected games against both grand finalists, the Asian champions (twice) and a cashed up Chinese powerhouse to support that argument.

We were playing crap last season. nothing has changed We have been poor for a while. I still remember the 2-5 loss towards the end of the season before last to the Nux when we had a chance to win the plate. For the past couple of seasons we have not been a great defending side. The recruitment was poor last season, it appears the recruitment for this season is on the same path. We were not great in the FFA cup at the beginning of this season under Popa,it's been all downhill from there.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mack said:

Riera and Lustica for Santa and Hamill. Baccus to rb.

Looks like we have gone to 4-2-3-1 ? 

Lstica and roly in the middle 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, sonar said:

Last season........WSW v ESFC..lost ...0-4......WSW V Melb Vic...lost ......0-3.............WSW v Urawa reds ....lost  0-4..........WSW v Urawa....lost 1-6.......WSW V Shanghai.....lost........1-5...........

As a example......6 games......scored 2  &  conceded 22

That's mighty fine football defending right there from last season.    

Compare apples to apples.  Take out the ACL teams they would **** all over us this season and put 10 on us.   Under popa our tactics may have been rubbish but we had discipline and played for the jumper something we severely lack now.  Boys don't even look interested and neither does the coach.  

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GrEmIoWaNdErEr said:

Baccus senior involved in training ground incident from reports looks like he's gone :shok::sorry:

I can confirm. Saw him limping back to the blacktown hq with ankle wrapped in ice on Thursday lunchtime after watching the training session.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can’t wait for New Year’s at anz 6500k crowd? Sorry to be whinging but this is really bad 

Edited by StringerBellend

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Themumf said:

When did being able to attack quickly and cut teams to ribbons go out of fashion? So much sideways backwards sideways rubbish these days. Bores me to tears. 

You could try doing what I did without trying....and have a little nap...while I was trying to watch.

:lazy::tired:

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, scarcev said:

Compare apples to apples.  Take out the ACL teams they would **** all over us this season and put 10 on us.   Under popa our tactics may have been rubbish but we had discipline and played for the jumper something we severely lack now.  Boys don't even look interested and neither does the coach.  

So getting smashed 0-4 by the smurfs and the 0-3 by victory is discipline and playing for the jumper. ? We had 11 draws last season, we even got done by 0-2 by the Mariners at spotless in one of the most boring defeats I have ever seen. The recruitment has been terrible and we are paying the price for trying to play a brand of football that is not suited to the players recruited and that includes under Foxe and Gombau.

Season over.

Edited by sonar

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow. I might not watch the rest. Just awful. It seems there is a real crisis of confidence at the moment. From the coach to the players.  Its just not working.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GrEmIoWaNdErEr said:

What ever happened on training pitch is affecting us on field seriously this is on you popa thx for ******* our season

Popa isn’t the manager hasn’t been for 11 games it isn’t on him. 11 games it’s half a season 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Every single player and coach should be ashamed of what they are dishing up here.  How do they take their pay for that shite. People leaving work early, missing family functions, driving up a shitty highway full of cars and they dish that up. There's getting beat while trying and then there is this just laying down.  

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sonar said:

So getting smashed 0-4 by the smurfs and the 0-3 by victory is discipline and playing for the jumper. ? We had 11 draws last season, we even got done by 0-2 by the Mariners at spotless in one of the most boring defeats I have ever seen. The recruitment has been terrible and we are paying the price for trying to play a brand of football that is not suited to the players recruited and that includes under Foxe and Gombau.

Season over.

Getting beat 5-0 by Smurfs and this performance although not over yet is the worst of all time.  

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Actually looked a little bit better in the 2nd half with the 4-2-3-1 . 

The fullbacks got in behind a couple of times and we  had some attacking moments . 

This formation works better with these players 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites



Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...