Jump to content
Match Database Index Link
Sign in to follow this  

Sydney FC vs Western Sydney Wanderers 25/02/2018 6:30PM


mack
  • Opponent: Sydney FC
    Home Team: Sydney FC
    Away Team: Western Sydney Wanderers
    Sydney Kick-Off Time: 6:30PM EDT
    Round: 21
    Competition: A-League Regular Season
    Location: Sydney, New South Wales
    Stadium: Sydney Football Stadium
    Result: West Sydney Loss
    Western Sydney Score: 1
    Opponent Score: 3
    Time Of Result: 90 Minutes
    Western Sydney Starting Lineup: Vedran Janjetovic, Raul Llorente, Brendan Hamill, Michael Thwaite, Marcelo Carrusca, Steven Lustica, Roly Bonevacia, Keanu Baccus, Chris Ikonomidis, Oriol Riera, Mark Bridge
    Western Sydney Substitutions: Brendon Santalab (Mark Bridge 62), Alvaro Cejudo (Steven Lustica 62), Jaushua Sotirio (Marcelo Carrusca 77)
    Western Sydney Unused Substitues: Nick Suman, Jack Clisby
    Western Sydney Goals: Oriol Riera (10)
    Western Sydney Cards: Roly Bonevacia (Yellow 63)
    Western Sydney Manager: Josep Gombau
    Opponent Starting Lineup: Andrew Redmayne, David Carney, Alex Wilkinson, Jordy Buijs, Joshua Brillante, Milos Ninkovic, Adrian Mierzejewski, Brandon O'Neill, Paulo Retre, Bobo, Matt Simon
    Opponent Substitutions: Alex Brosque (Paulo Retre 72), Fabio Ferreira (Miilos Ninkovic 90)
    Opponent Unused Substitues: Alex Cisak, Aaron Calver, Ben Warland
    Opponent Goals: Adrian Mierzejewski (44, 55), Bobo (74)
    Opponent Cards: Adrian Mierzejewski (Yellow 32)
    Opponent Manager: Graham Arnold
    Attendance: 25211
    Referee: Peter Green
Sydney FC vs Western Sydney Wanderers 25/02/2018 6:30PM

Edited by mack

Sign in to follow this  


User Feedback

Recommended Comments



6 hours ago, lloydy136 said:

Been talked in to going.

If we somehow conjure up a win i might just think of something nice to say about gombau.

Have you picked out the tatoo design? “In gombau we trust”

Edited by StringerBellend

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow ticket sales are terrible. Maybe somebody at the FFA will take notice of crap scheduling and price gouging? Maybe our club may take some notice too SOP and **** results from last year is killing us 

Oh well I’m looking forward to it anyway 

Perhaps some Star Wars themed round is in order to rectify it 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Balkanite and I are IN but only after winning the Wanderers App Derby Experience Raffle. 

We get a chauffeured car, lunch including alcohol in Parramatta and two Cat A tickets. 

We probably wouldn’t have bothered going otherwise. It’s a lot of money to spend going out late on a work night, only to be treated like criminals when you get there. 

We’re only going because we aren’t laying out for anything.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cow paddock from rugby tonight. 21 degrees 90% chance of rain and wind prior to during and after the game tomorrow .beautiful......

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cloudy. Very high (95%) chance of showers. Winds north to northwesterly 15 to 20 km/h shifting southerly 20 to 30 km/h early in the morning then tending southeasterly 15 to 25 km/h in the evening.

Possible rainfall: 15 to 30 mm

http://www.bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts/sydney.shtml

 

Just a note that this will be updated at 4.20 pm this afternoon, so this forecast may change for the better or worse.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jockman said:

Cow paddock from rugby tonight. 21 degrees 90% chance of rain and wind prior to during and after the game tomorrow .beautiful......

Friend of mine who is kiwi and Wanderers supporters said to pass on to coaching staff long sprigs for boots and pass the ball off the ground.  

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Cloudy. Very high (95%) chance of showers. Winds north to northwesterly 15 to 20 km/h shifting southerly 20 to 30 km/h early in the morning then tending southeasterly 15 to 25 km/h in the evening.

Possible rainfall: 15 to 30 mm

http://www.bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts/sydney.shtml

 

Just a note that this will be updated at 4.20 pm this afternoon, so this forecast may change for the better or worse.

And unfortunately, the update was for the worst......

Sunday 25 February

Summary
showers.png
Min 21
Max 26
Showers.

 

Sydney area

Cloudy. Very high (near 100%) chance of showers. Winds northwesterly 15 to 20 km/h shifting southeasterly 25 to 35 km/h in the evening.

Possible rainfall: 20 to 40 mm
Chance of any rain: 95% rain_95.gif

 

 

http://www.bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts/sydney.shtml

Edited by Wanderboy

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, beatsurrender said:

Anyone going tomorrow can't be accused of being fair weather cos it's going to be far from fair. Going to be CCM away S1 conditions. 

 

Haliti in the rain! One of my favourite Wanderers moments

 

The weather was so wet that some poor people had to use Marine Distress signals..

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, beatsurrender said:

Anyone going tomorrow can't be accused of being fair weather cos it's going to be far from fair. Going to be CCM away S1 conditions. 

 

Don't think my undies have dried out yet from that CCM game season 1. The only time I was wetter at a game was at Oakwell, Barnsley for a Boro away game in 1994, torrential rain on a totally open terrace and the wind blowing right in to us, cold as well. 

 

Found a video on that, I am in there somewhere at 14 seconds lol

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

In +1. Been in pain for almost 3 weeks now. Doctors don't know why yet. It hurts to sit, hurts to stand, and sometimes I can barely walk. I'll not march this time but stuff it I'm going.

Oh...I'm sorry to hear that you've been under the weather Ed.

I'd urge you to think carefully about attempting the game if you're in a lot of pain.

I went to the last Socceroos game at ANZ with an injured knee.

And the walk from the bus, the climb to Level 6 :smurfnono: the sitting in those cramped, uncomfortable seats, and the walk back to the bus nearly killed me. I regretted going with every step I took.

You have a lot of walking to do to get from anywhere where you can park etc at Allianz...

You take care if you do attempt the game! 

:grouphug:

 

 

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

In +1. Been in pain for almost 3 weeks now. Doctors don't know why yet. It hurts to sit, hurts to stand, and sometimes I can barely walk. I'll not march this time but stuff it I'm going.

Sorry to hear you are unwell mate, take care 

I’m hoping a Bridge winner will make you feel a bit better 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Oh...I'm sorry to hear that you've been under the weather Ed.

I'd urge you to think carefully about attempting the game if you're in a lot of pain.

I went to the last Socceroos game at ANZ with an injured knee.

And the walk from the bus, the climb to Level 6 :smurfnono: the sitting in those cramped, uncomfortable seats, and the walk back to the bus nearly killed me. I regretted going with every step I took.

You have a lot of walking to do to get from anywhere where you can park etc at Allianz...

You take care if you do attempt the game! 

:grouphug:

 

 

 

Thanks Wendy. I'm going regardless. As far as I know it's not due to an injury. I'm driving in. It's a relatively short walk  to the actives entrance..

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

Thanks Wendy. I'm going regardless. As far as I know it's not due to an injury. I'm driving in. It's a relatively short walk  to the actives entrance..

OK...but still be sensible. :xnod:

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Edinburgh said:

Thanks Wendy. I'm going regardless. As far as I know it's not due to an injury. I'm driving in. It's a relatively short walk  to the actives entrance..

Far from fair weather mate. You Scots are made from stern stuff :)

And  

Let it rain let it pour..........

 

Edited by beatsurrender

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just done see any other result than a hard fought draw or a loss.

Sydney have far too many good players, even with a few key ones out. 

As soon as Adrian and Ninkovic are on the field at the same time it’s basically  game over unless you have the quality to contain them. Which we don’t. 

Actually i don’t even think it’s about their team anymore, we couldn’t even beat them when they finished seventh and we went to the GF. 

Club needs to grow a pair and put its big boy pants on. 

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, xxBrandonxx said:

I just done see any other result than a hard fought draw or a loss.

Sydney have far too many good players, even with a few key ones out. 

As soon as Adrian and Ninkovic are on the field at the same time it’s basically  game over unless you have the quality to contain them. Which we don’t. 

Actually i don’t even think it’s about their team anymore, we couldn’t even beat them when they finished seventh and we went to the GF. 

Club needs to grow a pair and put its big boy pants on. 

 

I have hope they will have to deal with carrusca, oriol and Ikonomidis. I genuinely think though our best chance will come from Llorente and Risdon crossing the ball to oriol

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK...so I'm actually feeling just a bit excited...for the first time all season....or is it since Game 1 of last season? 

We will have our Wanderers lucky charm with us. Italian by birth, New York and Miami by upbringing, long time resident of Madrid and now Sydney...for a few years at least.

If we have ever lost a game when he's been present...I don't recall it ( he wasn't here all last season...or earlier this season  until the last  Mariners game).

So...I won't say I'm confident...but I feel a bit optimistic .:flag:

COYW!

:):)

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

I have hope they will have to deal with carrusca, oriol and Ikonomidis. I genuinely think though our best chance will come from Llorente and Risdon crossing the ball to oriol

Isn't Risdon suspended for this game?

Hope you're right about the rest though.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites



Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...