Jump to content
Match Database Index Link
Sign in to follow this  

Western Sydney Wanderers vs Sydney FC 9/12/2017 7:50PM


mack
  • Opponent: Sydney FC
    Home Team: Western Sydney Wanderers
    Away Team: Sydney FC
    Sydney Kick-Off Time: 7:50PM EDT
    Round: 10
    Competition: A-League Regular Season
    Location: Sydney Olympic Park, Sydney
    Stadium: Sydney Olympic Stadium
    Result: West Sydney Loss
    Western Sydney Score: 0
    Opponent Score: 5
    Time Of Result: 90 Minutes
    Western Sydney Starting Lineup: Vedran Janjetovic, Jack Clisby, Brendan Hamill, Robbie Cornthwaite, Jonathan Aspro, Josh Risdon, Alvaro Cejudo, Roly Bonevacia, Keanu Baccus, Kearyn Baccus, Lachlan Scott
    Western Sydney Substitutions: Jumpei Kusukami (Brendan Hamill 57), Brendon Santalab (Lachlan Scott 58)
    Western Sydney Unused Substitues: John Hall, Raul Llorente, Michael Thwaite
    Western Sydney Cards: Jack Clisby (Yellow 44), Alvaro Cejudo (Yellow 62), Josh Risdon (Yellow 80), Robbie Cornthwaite (Yellow 85)
    Western Sydney Manager: Josep Gombau
    Opponent Starting Lineup: Andrew Redmayne, Michael Zullo, David Carney, Alex Wilkinson, Jordy Buijs, Luke Wilkshire, Joshua Brillante, Adrian Mierzejewski, Brandon O'Neill, Bobo, Alex Brosque
    Opponent Substitutions: Matt Simon (Alex Brosque 73), Anthony Kalik (David Carney 78), Paulo Retre (Joshua Brillante 88)
    Opponent Unused Substitues: Alex Cisak, Seb Ryall
    Opponent Goals: Adrian Mierzejewski (14, 45), ALex Brosque (41), Lachlan Scott (Own Goal 53), Brandon O'Neill
    Opponent Manager: Graham Arnold
    Attendance: 36433
    Referee: Jonathan Barreiro
    Note 1: This was the Wanderers worst defeat in their history, beating the previous record which was a 4-0 loss, also to Sydney FC.
Western Sydney Wanderers vs Sydney FC 9/12/2017 7:50PM
Sign in to follow this  


User Feedback

Recommended Comments



On 12/5/2017 at 7:38 PM, bombagol said:

Does anyone know if special event buses will be in service up and down Windsor Road to Olympic Park?

 

On 12/5/2017 at 9:01 PM, Carns said:

It usually only happens when they are expecting a big crowd (over 50-60k). Unlikely at this stage, but I'd check Transport NSW closer to Saturday.

Looks like the event buses are running: https://transportnsw.info/events/2017/12/league-western-sydney-wanderers-v-sydney-fc

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, pseudonym said:

A whole lot of people are going to Concord

Depending on whether they want to go to the WLeague derby - they may go early

Well I'm going to try and get there by 4pm, if that works with the usual hools

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

According to a tweet from ANZ stadium, transport on ALL public transport included (major event buses). 

Anyone know what crowd figure triggers major event buses? Must be a 40k but need a pax

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Anyone know what crowd figure triggers major event buses? Must be a 40k but need a pax

Thought it was closer to the 50-55 mark

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

According to a tweet from ANZ stadium, transport on ALL public transport included (major event buses). 

Anyone know what crowd figure triggers major event buses? Must be a 40k but need a pax

It's usually 50-60k (the first derby at ANZ last year had a 60k trigger), but there are other events on in the precinct so I think they are doing it even with a smaller crowd.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Carns said:

It's usually 50-60k (the first derby at ANZ last year had a 60k trigger), but there are other events on in the precinct so I think they are doing it even with a smaller crowd.

Was down there last night for a school function and there were lots of teenagers for a youth festival at Quodos Bank Arena which is on for a week.

Edited by Paul01
Added info

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Was down there last night for a school function and there were lots of teenagers for a youth festival at Quodos Bank Arena which is on for a week.

There is the last day of a Catholic Youth Festival and a Sydney Kings game on tomorrow.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Carns said:

There is the last day of a Catholic Youth Festival and a Sydney Kings game on tomorrow.

Sounds like code for our scouting network.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ZachMercer said:

Sounds like code for our scouting network.

1e6

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Carns said:

1e6

Some seasons it's felt like we've recruited and assembled a team from a Catholic Youth Festival or the Sydney Kings.  Perhaps it's been a long day for me...

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ZachMercer said:

Some seasons it's felt like we've recruited and assembled a team from a Catholic Youth Festival or the Sydney Kings.  Perhaps it's been a long day for me...

The AFL recruit failed basketballers!

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very good article, Webster is the very few journos who gets it & hits the nail on the head.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

Very good article, Webster is the very few journos who gets it & hits the nail on the head.

Does this quote from our CEO worry anyone? Teams been ordinary but no incidents. FFS this prick couldn't give a rats arse if we were beaten 10 zilch as long as nobody looked sideways at anyone from MSM or let of a cracker.

Wanderers chief executive John Tsatsimas chuckles about the emails bombarding his inbox but that's expected of a team for which performance is directly linked to its passionate supporters.

"There's some crackers, but I reply to all of them," he says. "Our fans are very demanding but this season there have been no incidents at all. That's the best thing: the team's been ordinary but there have been no incidents."

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ossified said:

"There's some crackers, but I reply to all of them," he says. "Our fans are very demanding but this season there have been no incidents at all. That's the best thing: the team's been ordinary but there have been no incidents."

That may change....lol

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Ossified said:

Does this quote from our CEO worry anyone? Teams been ordinary but no incidents. FFS this prick couldn't give a rats arse if we were beaten 10 zilch as long as nobody looked sideways at anyone from MSM or let of a cracker.

Wanderers chief executive John Tsatsimas chuckles about the emails bombarding his inbox but that's expected of a team for which performance is directly linked to its passionate supporters.

"There's some crackers, but I reply to all of them," he says. "Our fans are very demanding but this season there have been no incidents at all. That's the best thing: the team's been ordinary but there have been no incidents."

With a lot of suits, owning a football club is like a toy. Hence the devil may care attitude. I don't know Lederer, he may be decent enough, but for the average member who has to pay out a lot of money for memberships the I'm ok with the ordinary start to the season attitude tends to piss people off. They are slowy destroying their fan base one match at a time. 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

If they the suits that own the club were ****in serious they would of had a crack at some of the talent that’s around and aboard instead of signing anything from Spain that needed a gig to feed there family cause they sucked in Spain 

Edited by JayZko

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is kinda dumb:

Quote

Gombau dramatically lost weight since joining the Wanderers – about 40 kilograms

He only joined us 5 weeks ago, that would be 8kg a week which I don't think is even physically possible.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mack said:

This is kinda dumb:

He only joined us 5 weeks ago, that would be 8kg a week which I don't think is even physically possible.

It is possible, a la the biggest loser type of thing. But yeah 8 kgs a week for 5 weeks, he must be on just one vegemite sandwch a day.....lol

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, mack said:

This is kinda dumb:

He only joined us 5 weeks ago, that would be 8kg a week which I don't think is even physically possible.

Great.  Our coach is on meth.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Paul01 said:

According to a tweet from ANZ stadium, transport on ALL public transport included (major event buses). 

Anyone know what crowd figure triggers major event buses? Must be a 40k but need a pax

ABC radio sports bulletin just before 5pm reckoned a crowd of 70k tomorrow. I afforded myself a wry smile !!

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

can anyone help... im not able to transfer my seat. my account says There are no actions available for the seats below.

 

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bkaza said:

can anyone help... im not able to transfer my seat. my account says There are no actions available for the seats below.

 

 

For ANZ games you can't do anything after midday Thursday 

For spotless games you can do it up to kickoff . 

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

It may be all doom and gloom but reports of 70k. Now that's just having a larf..  !

 

So that's every single wanderers member and every single smurf member, oh and 40,000 others on top.

Edited by beatsurrender

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Listen up Gombau and the rest of you Nancy boys . Usually I'm a patient man  " it's only a game and our boys are trying their  best " . I even told that annoying guy in front who has a go at Hamill every week to shut the **** up . 

But enough is enough you bunch of soft cock  wussyboys . I don't want to hear about this bull **** new system that's going to take a while to implement . You ****s sound like you have conceded  defeat before you even step on the pitch . 

Do you think those  smurf ****s played a " special ******* system " last year ?  Do you think Arnie  is a tactical ******* genius with a special system .? Did they have a  team fully of ******* Messi's ? No they just wanted it more than you did . 

Its a ******* simple game .You control the ******* ball , pass it quickly and move into a ******* space . Go out there and play with some ******* passion and win every challenge like your ******* life depends on it . The ******* " new system " aint going to win you any games it's all up to you . 

COYW

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ossified said:

Does this quote from our CEO worry anyone? Teams been ordinary but no incidents. FFS this prick couldn't give a rats arse if we were beaten 10 zilch as long as nobody looked sideways at anyone from MSM or let of a cracker.

I think this issue deserves a separate discussion. It very much relates to off field incidents and the difficulty the club faces in terms of damage financially, pr etc. Instead of the club being able to being on the front foot, in the past they’ve been on the back foot putting out spot fires & is something they have threaten to close the active support down over.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites



Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×