Jump to content
Match Database Index Link
Sign in to follow this  

Western Sydney Wanderers vs Sydney FC 9/12/2017 7:50PM


mack
  • Opponent: Sydney FC
    Home Team: Western Sydney Wanderers
    Away Team: Sydney FC
    Sydney Kick-Off Time: 7:50PM EDT
    Round: 10
    Competition: A-League Regular Season
    Location: Sydney Olympic Park, Sydney
    Stadium: Sydney Olympic Stadium
    Result: West Sydney Loss
    Western Sydney Score: 0
    Opponent Score: 5
    Time Of Result: 90 Minutes
    Western Sydney Starting Lineup: Vedran Janjetovic, Jack Clisby, Brendan Hamill, Robbie Cornthwaite, Jonathan Aspro, Josh Risdon, Alvaro Cejudo, Roly Bonevacia, Keanu Baccus, Kearyn Baccus, Lachlan Scott
    Western Sydney Substitutions: Jumpei Kusukami (Brendan Hamill 57), Brendon Santalab (Lachlan Scott 58)
    Western Sydney Unused Substitues: John Hall, Raul Llorente, Michael Thwaite
    Western Sydney Cards: Jack Clisby (Yellow 44), Alvaro Cejudo (Yellow 62), Josh Risdon (Yellow 80), Robbie Cornthwaite (Yellow 85)
    Western Sydney Manager: Josep Gombau
    Opponent Starting Lineup: Andrew Redmayne, Michael Zullo, David Carney, Alex Wilkinson, Jordy Buijs, Luke Wilkshire, Joshua Brillante, Adrian Mierzejewski, Brandon O'Neill, Bobo, Alex Brosque
    Opponent Substitutions: Matt Simon (Alex Brosque 73), Anthony Kalik (David Carney 78), Paulo Retre (Joshua Brillante 88)
    Opponent Unused Substitues: Alex Cisak, Seb Ryall
    Opponent Goals: Adrian Mierzejewski (14, 45), ALex Brosque (41), Lachlan Scott (Own Goal 53), Brandon O'Neill
    Opponent Manager: Graham Arnold
    Attendance: 36433
    Referee: Jonathan Barreiro
    Note 1: This was the Wanderers worst defeat in their history, beating the previous record which was a 4-0 loss, also to Sydney FC.
Western Sydney Wanderers vs Sydney FC 9/12/2017 7:50PM
Sign in to follow this  


User Feedback

Recommended Comments



1 minute ago, StringerBellend said:

Welcome as people said below given that we are in a temporary stadium in a middle of nowhere, things aren’t as good as they used to be. 

I’d suggest keep an eye on red and bloc Facebook page they will probably meet in parra and get a train in together, if there is a march then this is where you’ll find out about it.

otherwise keep an eye on here people tend meet in pubs surrounding and are very friendly 

to be honest the best days at the moment are the away trips central coast away is a good one and the away derby at the moment is better than the home one 

hppefully full service will be resumed when we go back to parramatta 

Right on, sounds great! I've gotten a taste of a good derby at home in Timbers vs. Sounders in MLS but it sounds like this is right up there as well. Stoked to check it out. Looking forward to meeting some great fans. Maybe one day I'll make it for an away trip as well! 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ericcech said:

Got it. So ANZ is makeshift stadium correct? Sounds like Parramatta Stadium opens in a couple years, and there's other stadiums games are played at too right? Sorry for the ignorance, just making my way into A-League fandom! Lol 

At moment are temporary grounds are ANZ a massive 80k stadium that sucks he life out of you, or spotless stadium (an oval for cricket and Aussie rules) which is a bit better but you are a mile away from the pitch. Both are in the Olympic precinct which 18 years on still has nothing to do there..

sorry to paint a grim picture.. as I say the away trips are the best 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
Just now, StringerBellend said:

At moment are temporary grounds are ANZ a massive 80k stadium that sucks he life out of you, or spotless stadium (an oval for cricket and Aussie rules) which is a bit better but you are a mile away from the pitch. Both are in the Olympic precinct which 18 years on still has nothing to do there..

sorry to paint a grim picture.. as I say the away trips are the best 

Good to know. Drove by ANZ today and it looks OK from the outside but yeah I could see how 80k could be a bit lifeless. What's average attendance for a derby like this? 

Also do women's matches get much draw? 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
Just now, ericcech said:

Good to know. Drove by ANZ today and it looks OK from the outside but yeah I could see how 80k could be a bit lifeless. What's average attendance for a derby like this? 

Also do women's matches get much draw? 

Average is useless. Numbers for last season are

Derby 1 near 61,000.

Derby 3 near 41,000

W-League games away from double headers are less than 1000. 

W-leaguw Double-headers average about 2200.

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Average is useless. Numbers for last season are

Derby 1 near 61,000.

Derby 3 near 41,000

W-League games away from double headers are less than 1000. 

W-leaguw Double-headers average about 2200.

 

Thanks Paul! Good to know for sure. How about after matches are there any pubs that supporters gather to ? Sounds like with the makeshift stadium things are a bit off but sounds like plenty of stuff goes on around Parramatta area? 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ericcech said:

Thanks Paul! Good to know for sure. How about after matches are there any pubs that supporters gather to ? Sounds like with the makeshift stadium things are a bit off but sounds like plenty of stuff goes on around Parramatta area? 

Welcome Ericcech!  :)

Parra USED to turn black and red on games days - but I don't think much happens there at the moment - athough I could be wrong.

You have shown up at one of the lowest points in our short history, and may find the support here a far cry from what you're used to at the moment.

Others will have more specific suggestions about popular pubs to show up at, I'm sure.

:):)

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wendybr said:

Welcome Ericcech!  :)

Parra USED to turn black and red on games days - but I don't think much happens there at the moment - athough I could be wrong.

You have shown up at one of the lowest points in our short history, and may find the support here a far cry from what you're used to at the moment.

Others will have more specific suggestions about popular pubs to show up at, I'm sure.

:):)

Thanks Wendy! So happy to be in Sydney - What an amazing place! Good times come and go, looking forward to being a supporter nonetheless and meeting other great fans out there this Saturday! 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey ericcheh.

There may well be a few of us getting together before the game on Saturday at a conveniently located pub.

Please feel free to join us if you are looking for some company and to just meet up with some football fans. We'll look after you and show you a great time. 

We'd also love to chat with you about the MLS and your experiences there. Thanks for joining the forum.

Cheers buddy.

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Horus said:

Look for me - I'll be the one in the Star Wars t-shirt...

 

 

 

 

 

....no seriously I'm going to wear my Last Jedi t-shirt I got from celebration this year....and bonus: Its red and black

Does it look like this

https://wanderersshop.com.au/starwars/starwars---kids-light-saber-tee

or this

https://wanderersshop.com.au/starwars/stawars---mens-stormtrooper-tee--derby-ticket

Edited by Paul01
Added info

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Any Cahill rumours

lol can’t we sign him as an injury replacement maybe that’s what Oreo and Joseph are scrapping about may work we keep crossing for some reason 

Edited by JayZko

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JayZko said:

Any Cahill rumours

lol can’t we sign him as an injury replacement maybe that’s what Oreo and Joseph are scrapping about may work we keep crossing for some reason 

Be pointless if we persist with sotirio and Jumpei as wingers 

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Be pointless if we persist with sotirio and Jumpei as wingers 

 

Cahill to Popa or UAE

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Welcome eric. Not to sound like a broken record, but I hope you'll stick around until our new stadium in 2019. The place we're at at the moment just feels really flat and we're all sort of just waiting until we can go back home.

Still fun days out though.

Central Coast away next weekend is a fun trip, only 1.5 hours on the train or by car in one of the most picturesque stadiums you'll ever visit.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ericcech said:

Also do women's matches get much draw? 

People are usually in the pubs or doing other things before matches.  It's unfortunate, but sitting in a huge, empty concrete stadium for two matches with a wait of an hour in the middle isn't at the top of people's lists.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Food area opposite the stadium.

Don't want greasy ANZ food with their exorbitant prices

This is the reason they don't give passouts - they want you trapped in there. Unfortunately what they fail to realise is that this just means less people will turn up early and therefore they will make less money. Grounds that don't have passouts are living in the dark ages. Even the MCG which has, what, 90,000 seats or something, has passouts.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/western-sydney-wanderers-v-sydney-fc-sydney-derby-buijs-zullo-wilkinson-in-contract-talks/news-story/37bb7ee9962385c76a8ccfa082fabad1

 

EXCLUSIVE: Saturday’s Sydney Derby is set to get even spicier with the news that three more stars could cross the divide.

Fox Sports has learnt about Western Sydney Wanderers’ official approach to Sydney FC to begin contract negotiations with Jordy Buijs, Michael Zullo and Alex Wilkinson.

The trio of first team stars are off contract in six months, meaning the Wanderers can and are commencing discussions to sign the players next season.

Intriguingly, Roly Bonevacia and Buijs are friends dating back to their time at NAC Breda in Holland.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, wswnick said:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/western-sydney-wanderers-v-sydney-fc-sydney-derby-buijs-zullo-wilkinson-in-contract-talks/news-story/37bb7ee9962385c76a8ccfa082fabad1

 

EXCLUSIVE: Saturday’s Sydney Derby is set to get even spicier with the news that three more stars could cross the divide.

Fox Sports has learnt about Western Sydney Wanderers’ official approach to Sydney FC to begin contract negotiations with Jordy Buijs, Michael Zullo and Alex Wilkinson.

The trio of first team stars are off contract in six months, meaning the Wanderers can and are commencing discussions to sign the players next season.

Intriguingly, Roly Bonevacia and Buijs are friends dating back to their time at NAC Breda in Holland.

Funny these things always come out before a derby......and then nothing happens

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mack said:

Outs: 16.Jaushua SOTIRIO (injured – 1 week)

:xbop:

Notable absense Mark Bridge.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Notable absense Mark Bridge.

Bridge not listed in the twitter squad but is on the wsw website post. Go figure.

With Riera and Herd both in i think the match day squad will line up like this

Gk: Snake

Defence: Risdon, Cornthwaite, Thwaite, Llorente

HM: Herd

RM Roly  LM Baccus Snr or the other way.

RW Cejudo ST Riera LW Bridge

Bench: Santa, Baccus Jnr, Hamill, Hall, Jumpei

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Bridge not listed in the twitter squad but is on the wsw website post. Go figure.

With Riera and Herd both in i think the match day squad will line up like this

Gk: Snake

Defence: Risdon, Cornthwaite, Thwaite, Llorente

HM: Herd

RM Roly  LM Baccus Snr or the other way.

RW Cejudo ST Riera LW Bridge

Bench: Santa, Baccus Jnr, Hamill, Hall, Jumpei

Riera not injured...? No Aspro...?  Why did Riera come off then...?

It could just be me but something doesn't seem right at the moment.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, wswnick said:
  • oriolriera9Thanks to everyone who ask. I have to recovery maybe for these next two weeks.

Thanks mate.. If he is out for two weeks, why name him in the squad...? weird.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sonar said:

Thanks mate.. If he is out for two weeks, why name him in the squad...? weird.

Probably the same reason the Smurfs kept listing their Polish international when he was injured - (attempted) mind games and/or gamesmanship. It is in our interest for them to think Riera was playing.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sonar said:

Thanks mate.. If he is out for two weeks, why name him in the squad...? weird.

Mind games 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites



Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...