Jump to content
Match Database Index Link
Sign in to follow this  

Western Sydney Wanderers vs Melbourne City 1/1/2019 7:50PM


mack
  • Opponent: Melbourne City
    Home Team: Western Sydney Wanderers
    Away Team: Melbourne City
    Sydney Kick-Off Time: 7:50pm EDT
    Round: 10
    Competition: A-League Regular Season
    Location: Sydney Olympic Park, Sydney
    Stadium: Sydney Olympic Stadium
    Result: West Sydney Loss
    Western Sydney Score: 0
    Opponent Score: 2
    Time Of Result: 90 Minutes
    Western Sydney Starting Lineup: Vedran Janjetovic, Raul Llorente, Brendan Hamill, Patrick Ziegler, Tarek Elrich, Keanu Baccus, Roly Bonevacia, Alexander Baumjohann, Bruce Kamau, Jordan O'Doherty, Oriol Riera
    Western Sydney Substitutions: Nick Fitzgerald (Bruce Kamau 78), Abraham Majok (Jordan O'Doherty 78), Tass Mourdoutoutas (Raul Llorente 85)
    Western Sydney Unused Substitues: Nick Suman, Tate Russell
    Western Sydney Cards: Bruce Kamau (Yellow 13), Alexander Baumjohann (Yellow 53), Keanu Baccus (Yellow 77), Brendan Hamill (Yellow 89)
    Western Sydney Manager: Markus Babbel
    Opponent Starting Lineup: Eugene Galekovic, Scott Jamieson, Ritchie De Laet, Harrison Delbridge, Bart Schenkeveld, Rostyn Griffiths, Luke Brattan, Riley McGreen, Dario Vidosic, Kearyn Baccus, Lachlan Wales
    Opponent Substitutions: Osama Malik (Luke Brattan 62), Nathaniel Atkinson (Riley McGree 69), Ramy Najjarine (Ritchie De Laet 73)
    Opponent Unused Substitues: Mark Birighitti, Michael O'Halloran
    Opponent Goals: Lachie Wales (35), Ritchie De Laet (37)
    Opponent Cards: Rostyn Griffiths (Yellow 13, 2nd Yellow + Red 56), Riley Mcgree (Yellow 46), Ramy Najjarine (Yellow 78), Nathaniel Atkinson (Yellow 85), Scott Jamieson (Yellow 90)
    Opponent Manager: Warren Joyce
    Attendance: 8365
    Referee: Adam Kersey
    Post Match Thread:

    Unhappy New Year

Western Sydney Wanderers vs Melbourne City 1/1/2019 7:50PM

Edited by mack

Sign in to follow this  


User Feedback

Recommended Comments



1 hour ago, ZachMercer said:

Think we'll win this one. 2-1. Place your bets.

Only if we can stop Lachlan Wales. Similar to Buhagiar with speed.

..................Vedran

Elrich......Ziggy.........Hamill.......Llorente

................Baccus Jnr........O'Doherty 

Kamau...........Treejack........Roly.

....................Riera

Bench is anyone's guess

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ins: 14. Mathieu CORDIER (promoted), 20. Vedran JANJETOVIC (GK) (return from suspension), 33. Tate RUSSELL (promoted), 49.Abraham MAJOK (promoted)

Outs: 4. Josh RISDON (international duty), 50. Jack GREENWOOD (GK) (not selected)

Unavailable: 16.Jaushua SOTIRIO (injury – two weeks), 19.Mark BRIDGE (injury – five weeks)

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Has Bridge been re-injured?  Now Out for 5 weeks longer. Wasn't it less than that before?

He's been injured for so long now that if it was known before we could have signed an injury replacement. 

By the time Bridge is ready to play again - and that will be more than 5 weeks - the season will almost be over. With his injury history this season and last, I doubt he has another season in him. I'd prefer him to play again and retire on his own terms with a sendoff, but maybe it's time to for him to retire and be replaced in January. 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

Has Bridge been re-injured?  Now Out for 5 weeks longer. Wasn't it less than that before?

He's been injured for so long now that if it was known before we could have signed an injury replacement. 

By the time Bridge is ready to play again - and that will be more than 5 weeks - the season will almost be over. With his injury history this season and last, I doubt he has another season in him. I'd prefer him to play again and retire on his own terms with a sendoff, but maybe it's time to for him to retire and be replaced in January. 

Hate to say this but you are right. Can never doubt he always put in but you have to ask what will his contibution be this season if any at all. Sad, really sad........I blame SOP...we're effing cursed at that place.......

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

Has Bridge been re-injured?  Now Out for 5 weeks longer. Wasn't it less than that before?

He's been injured for so long now that if it was known before we could have signed an injury replacement. 

By the time Bridge is ready to play again - and that will be more than 5 weeks - the season will almost be over. With his injury history this season and last, I doubt he has another season in him. I'd prefer him to play again and retire on his own terms with a sendoff, but maybe it's time to for him to retire and be replaced in January. 

Bridge spent the last few rounds of last season injured, got right again for the start of pre-season, got hurt a week into the pre-season and hasn't been fit since.

That injury was a really bad tear of the smaller of the muscle in the bottom of the calf area. He spent 2 months doing rehab on it, then two weeks after starting training again, he'd come back too soon and stuffed it again.

He'll be out until February at least, and he won't have any match fitness until the last handful of rounds of the season.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mack said:

Bridge spent the last few rounds of last season injured, got right again for the start of pre-season, got hurt a week into the pre-season and hasn't been fit since.

That injury was a really bad tear of the smaller of the muscle in the bottom of the calf area. He spent 2 months doing rehab on it, then two weeks after starting training again, he'd come back too soon and stuffed it again.

He'll be out until February at least, and he won't have any match fitness until the last handful of rounds of the season.

Maybe Yeboah is the injury rep l cement for him.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Apologies 

Err...no need to apologise, Paul...just tell us what you meant? :unknw:

 

:D:D

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Err...no need to apologise, Paul...just tell us what you meant? :unknw:

 

:D:D

Injury replacement for bridge but not likely.

So more likely that Fitzgerald is going. 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

Has Bridge been re-injured?  Now Out for 5 weeks longer. Wasn't it less than that before?

The shorter return time previously stated for Bridgey was incorrect. He was scheduled to return end of Jan/beginning of Feb, and continues to be on target. 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

#NoGrozosNoParty hasn't been listed in the squad, nor the injured list.

Please tell me it's a chance that Kosta may return, as Heart poop their pants whenever his name is on the team sheet

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Taurus said:

#NoGrozosNoParty hasn't been listed in the squad, nor the injured list.

Please tell me it's a chance that Kosta may return, as Heart poop their pants whenever his name is on the team sheet

If Babbel does a Popa with teamsheet, maybe.

I think it is more likely he will play in the NYL game against the Jets on Thursday

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Happy New Year all.........and it's Game day.!

We have to get a result or we may as well write this season off..........Chance of thunderstorms again in the west......hopefully not as bad as the game against the smurfs and the kickoff is on time. 

On a positive note we go home to Parra this year.....the nightmare that is SOP. is coming to an end........!

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, andypk said:

Disrupted train service from Lidcombe to SOP because of yesterdays storms.  Allow plenty of time.

Going to use the car then. Ta.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Taurus said:

They're Heartless when away from AAMI, so I'd expect us to dominate this game. 

 

Which we've done before. The trick is to score goals and win the damn match.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites



Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...