Jump to content
Match Database Index Link
Sign in to follow this  

Western Sydney Wanderers vs Melbourne Victory 27/04/2019 7:50PM


mack
  • Opponent: Melbourne Victory
    Home Team: Western Sydney Wanderers
    Away Team: Melbourne Victory
    Sydney Kick-Off Time: 7:50PM EST
    Round: 27
    Competition: A-League Regular Season
    Location: Sydney Olympic Park, Sydney
    Stadium: Sydney Olympic Stadium
    Result: West Sydney Loss
    Western Sydney Score: 0
    Opponent Score: 1
    Time Of Result: 90 Minutes
    Western Sydney Starting Lineup: Jack Greenwood, Raul Llorente, Giancarlo Gallifuoco, Tass Mourdoukoutas, Tarek Elrich, Tate Russell, Keanu Baccus, Roly Bonevacia, Alexander Baumjohann, Bruce Kamau, Mitch Duke
    Western Sydney Substitutions: Mark Bridge (Tate Russell 59), Abraham Majok (Roly Bonevacia 84), Marc Tokich (Giancarlo Gallifuoco 85)
    Western Sydney Unused Substitues: Oliver Kalac, Mathieu Cordier
    Western Sydney Cards: Roly Bonevacia (Yellow 77), Giancarlo Gallifuoco (Yellow 83), Alexander Baumjohann (Yellow 88)
    Western Sydney Manager: Markus Babbel
    Opponent Starting Lineup: Matt Acton, Georg Niedermeier, James Donachie, Thomas Deng, Raul Baena, Carl Valeri, Keisuke Honda, Terry Antonis, Kosta Barbarouses, Ola Toivonen, Leigh Broxham
    Opponent Substitutions: Elvis Kamsoba (Carl Valeri 63), Storm Roux (Thomas Deng 72), Kenny Athiu (Kosta Barbarouses 87)
    Opponent Unused Substitues: Lawrence Thomas, Anthony Lesiotis
    Opponent Goals: Ola Toivonen (22)
    Opponent Cards: Thomas Deng (Yellow 27), Georg Neidermeier (Yellow 28), Raul Baena (Yellow 46)
    Opponent Manager: Kevin Muscat
    Attendance: 7919
    Referee: Chris Beath
    Note 1: This was the final game for the Wanderers 2018/19 Season. They finished 8th out of 10 with 24 points (6 wins, 6 draws, 15 losses). Perth Glory won the league title with 60 points.
    Note 2: Mark Bridge, Oriol Riera, Josh Risdon, Roly Bonevacia, Raul Llorente, Alex Baumjohann, Jaushua Sotirio, Abraham Majok, Marc Tokich, Rashid Mahazi, John Roberts and Giancarlo Gallifuoco left the Wanderers after their contracts expired.
    Note 3: This was the final game played by the Wanderers at Homebush Olympic Stadium as part of their 3 season long move while the new Western Sydney Stadium was being built.
    Note 4: The Wanderers continued their non-winning streak against Melbourne Victory, with the last win taking place in Round 10 of Season 2014/15.
Western Sydney Wanderers vs Melbourne Victory 27/04/2019 7:50PM

Edited by mack

Sign in to follow this  


User Feedback

Recommended Comments



Victory rested Honda and Toivonen last night, are they more concerned about getting a result in this match ?

It doesn't make sense.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

We finally get to take this season behind the chemical shed and shoot it.

You’d think we lose this game although I kinda expect us to go peak WSW and demolish them 5-0, because wondering where that’s been all season would be even more infuriating.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, hawks2767 said:

Victory rested Honda and Toivonen last night, are they more concerned about getting a result in this match ?

It doesn't make sense.

They will want to go in to the finals on a high for sure. They wont be taking it easy on us.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

And Broxham was rested as well. 

Sportsbet has the odds as follows

Wanderers win $2.50

Victory win $2.50

Draw $3.75

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hawks2767 said:

Victory rested Honda and Toivonen last night, are they more concerned about getting a result in this match ?

It doesn't make sense.

They had nothing to play for last night.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

^^ Bit hard when even your manager makes no secret of the fact that you're hopeless.;)

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wendybr said:

^^ Bit hard when even your manager makes no secret of the fact that you're hopeless.;)

Don’t joke about it, I drove over an hour to watch that shower of shite on Saturday night, they could have at least looked liked they gave a stuff for the club.

Our stylish German has been too soft

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, sonar said:

Fwiw I hope we give Bridgey a decent send off.....he deserves it.

Correct me if I’m wrong but this will be the first time someone like Topor, Santa, Cole, Bridge etc is given a proper farewell 

great to see

lederer and co should open the gates and give any Wanderer fan past or present free entry to send him off and also as apology for 2 years of utter **** 

i did get an email for my son as wanderkid member to get 4 free tickets so I will call them out for that 

hopefully Bridgey gets a start and captains the side 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

THAT ACL game post Brissy GF was kind of like a farewell for a good few...Ono included. Shame a  few more didnt show.

Edited by Smoggy

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

THAT ACL game post Brissy GF was kind of like a farewell for a good few...Ono included. Shame a  few more didnt show.

And what a game that was.

Players playing their last game for the club and giving 120%

Edited by tardotz

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GunnerWanderer said:

lederer and co should open the gates and give any Wanderer fan past or present free entry to send him off and also as apology for 2 years of utter **** 

 

Yep, this.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, wendybr said:

^^ Bit hard when even your manager makes no secret of the fact that you're hopeless.;)

He also reminds them publicly that their are meant to be football professionals. I've posted this elsewhere, but as it is Bridgey week it seems appropriate to put his quote here:

"He’s straight forward, what you see is what you get. He speaks in the media as he does to the players, nothing’s a secret, and I think that’s a problem at the moment in Australian football. When some harsh words are spoken, people get their backs up, but sometimes you need to hear it. It hasn’t been good enough, and he’s the coach, he has every right to say that. He’s trying to get the best out of the players for the club, and if players don’t like it, or people don’t like it, they can move on."

Amen to that. If WSW really sees itself as a serious football club then the BS has to stop. And it has to stop after the VIC game.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, FCB said:

He also reminds them publicly that their are meant to be football professionals. I've posted this elsewhere, but as it is Bridgey week it seems appropriate to put his quote here:

"He’s straight forward, what you see is what you get. He speaks in the media as he does to the players, nothing’s a secret, and I think that’s a problem at the moment in Australian football. When some harsh words are spoken, people get their backs up, but sometimes you need to hear it. It hasn’t been good enough, and he’s the coach, he has every right to say that. He’s trying to get the best out of the players for the club, and if players don’t like it, or people don’t like it, they can move on."

Amen to that. If WSW really sees itself as a serious football club then the BS has to stop. And it has to stop after the VIC game.

I know FCB.

We've got to this point before...

That approach just doesn't gel with me...but that doesn't matter at all.

Onwards and upwards for a better season next year.:good:

And hopefully, with his own choice of players (within the significant limitations of the A League) there will be no need for him do do what he, you and others thought was necessary, and appropriate, this season.

:):)

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, wendybr said:

I know FCB.

We've got to this point before...

That approach just doesn't gel with me...but that doesn't matter at all.

Onwards and upwards for a better season next year.:good:

And hopefully, with his own choice of players (within the significant limitations of the A League) there will be no need for him do do what he, you and others thought was necessary, and appropriate, this season.

:):)

I believe he sees part of his job to work around the limitations, and not let them dictate present and future of the club.

In October he gave an interview to a German paper in Stuttgart. It reads:

"Top coaches at youth level, a video analyst for the youth works, fitness coaches for the talented player - of such necessities, which are stock standard in the Bundesliga, he will want to convince the CEO of the club of - and lift his current team to a professional level. That, however, is a balancing act, because most professionals are not used to a European training regime."

In other words: lift the youth works to a professional level (fitness, skill, physical strength, tactics, attitude, mentality etc), and it will all flow from there. MB knows what top notch youth development looks like, and that's what we are going to see more of.

Most generic HAL players will disappear after the VIC game, and the last Mohicans will walk out of the door with Elrich Kamau at the end of next season - if it takes that long. How the club handles the transition is going to be interesting, but going by the CCM game, it is necessary.

 

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FCB said:

I believe he sees part of his job to work around the limitations, and not let them dictate present and future of the club

1 hour ago, FCB said:

 

Ummmmmmm...your opening remark makes me nervous, my friend.

This IS the A League.

100% of his job is to work around the limitations of this league....surely?

It's wonderful that he knows what it will take to make us competitive....and that he has insights into the best there is.

But hopefully he's taking a good look at SFC, MV and what's happening in Perth to get a grasp of how to work with what he has on offer here.

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites



Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...