Jump to content
Match Database Index Link
Sign in to follow this  

Sydney Olympic vs Wanderers NPL 3/10/2020 7:00PM


mack
  • Opponent: Sydney Olympic
    Home Team: Sydney Olympic
    Away Team: Western Sydney Wanderers
    Date: 03/10/20
    Competition: NSW NPL 1
    Location: Leichhardt, New South Wales
    Stadium: Lambert Park
    Result: West Sydney Loss
    West Sydney Score: 0
    Opponent Score: 1
Sydney Olympic vs Wanderers NPL 3/10/2020 7:00PM

Edited by mack

Sign in to follow this  


User Feedback

Recommended Comments

WSW Starting XI v Sydney Olympic: 40. Oliver Kalac (GK), 2. Thomas Aquilina, 4. Mohamed Al Taay (c), 5. Noah Pagden, 7. Jarrod Carluccio, 9. Dauntae Mariner, 11. Lochlan Constable, 17. Dean Pelekanos, 19. Rory Jordan, 23. Jamie Percevski, 35. Ali Auglah

Subs: 50. Jack Gibson (GK), 15. George Antonis, 22. Paolo Bonanni, 24. Peter Grozos, 26. Alessandro Lopane, 33. Bilal Chahine

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know why they force you to sign up for it if it's free. Pretty much everyone will have given their information to FNSW already or the FFA or the Wanderers or a local club.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rugby Union might be the one sport that’s a bigger basket case than football at the top level here in Australia, but they get it right at the local level, starting with Facebook streaming of local competitions (I’m fairly certain rugby league does something similar at the lower levels, too).

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, mack said:

I don't know why they force you to sign up for it if it's free. Pretty much everyone will have given their information to FNSW already or the FFA or the Wanderers or a local club.

They want the email,user and any relevant data that goes with it.....most probably to sell.

Edited by sonar

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mack said:

Lost 1-0.

U20s team won 3-0. 

Now on same points as Blacktown City. Smurfs u20s yet to play and are 2 points behind.

These results are all good since they replaced Sutherland Sharks for this season only and return to NPL2 next season.

The only issue is FNSW appears to doubling their fees.  The Central Coast Mariners are looking to start a breakaway competition over the issue.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Paul01 said:

U20s team won 3-0. 

Now on same points as Blacktown City. Smurfs u20s yet to play and are 2 points behind.

These results are all good since they replaced Sutherland Sharks for this season only and return to NPL2 next season.

 

Shame that we have to go back to NPL2 as it appears we've been very competitive against better quality teams despite only a couple of wins. NPL1 quality is probably better than NPL2 for the development of our young players.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MartinTyler said:

Shame that we have to go back to NPL2 as it appears we've been very competitive against better quality teams despite only a couple of wins. NPL1 quality is probably better than NPL2 for the development of our young players.

And Newcastle Jets go from a season of NPL2 back to NPL4

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was of the understanding that there was no promotion / relegation from NPL this year......

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

We wouldn't be relegated, the league would be rearranged back to normal.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, alexd said:

I was of the understanding that there was no promotion / relegation from NPL this year......

Yes. There is no promotion/relegation.

We replaced Sutherland Sharks who withdrew from NPL1 this season only.

Don't you remember the claims of bias by Central Coast Mariners who did not get the spot in NPL1 this season?

The promotion of A-League academy teams was to help the Olyroos for next year's Olympic Mens Football Tournement

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd better get my butt to the derby tonight against Blacktown City.   Be good to have another look at some of the up and comers in the Wanderers squad. Quite like the look of Rhett de Silva for Blacktown too from limited viewings, (just discovered he's Danny de Silvas brother.)

Also noticed that the under 20s race is extremely tight at the top  with one point separating Wanderers, Blacktown City and Sydney FC.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites


Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...