Wanderers defeat Nepean FC 5-0 in Inaugural Match

i remember when the Nepean goal keeper made a hand gestures towards us, that was really funny :P ....not too sure what hand gesture he made but i assume it wasnt too friendly :P

I think he was putting his hand up when someone started shouting "who ate all the pies"

What an awesome night, spent the first half singing with you boys then went down the ther end for the 2nd half to get closer to the action. The noise coming from the RBB was loud from the other end and only got louder as the game went on. The smoke bomb looked awesome from the other end, was cracking up when the security guard took the flare and then didn't know what to do with it. Not like the old nsl days when they had buckets of sand ready.

lol i assumed that he was just giving us the finger or something :P so funny he did that obviously has a bit of a sense of humour also i was at the back so i didnt get much of it but what did Lyal say to us before the match started?

Edited by TheGoatOfDoom

i remember when the Nepean goal keeper made a hand gestures towards us, that was really funny :P ....not too sure what hand gesture he made but i assume it wasnt too friendly :P

I think he was putting his hand up when someone started shouting "who ate all the pies"

What an awesome night, spent the first half singing with you boys then went down the ther end for the 2nd half to get closer to the action. The noise coming from the RBB was loud from the other end and only got louder as the game went on. The smoke bomb looked awesome from the other end, was cracking up when the security guard took the flare and then didn't know what to do with it. Not like the old nsl days when they had buckets of sand ready.

lol i assumed that he was just giving us the finger or something :P so funny he did that obviously has a bit of a sense of humour also i was at the back so i didnt get much of it but what did Lyal say to us before the match started?

something to the effect of "heart and soul of the club"

Guilty and present! I shall continue to harass opposition teams with enthusiasm, hopefully with similar results.

Loved Aaron Mooy's comments in the Telegraph today regarding the atmosphere at the game:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/soccer/mooy-a-stand-out-in-wanderers-first-run/story-fndb5nmd-1226436208668

"The atmosphere at Nepean was fantastic, a lot better than we expected, to be honest. That's why I play football, to get a buzz like that. It's exactly what football's all about."

The RBB made quite an impact :)

"A few hundred" attended Hearts first ever match, so we smashed that.

We should also smash the record of 14,421, which was the attendance of Wellingtons first ever (home) A-League match which would mean we will have the biggest ever expansion club attendance in the first ever match.

If we get a sell out of 20000+ then we will beat GC's first ever match, although that was Away so it doesn't count.

Also many other attendance records we can beat in the first week or so. It will be physically impossible to beat the record for the first ever match of any club, as Sydney FC have the record of 25,000 which Parramatta Stadium doesn't hold.

Sydney FC's average attendance is dismal for a large city. Average last season was 11,861. Newcastle, Brisbane and Victory were above them.

Edited by moxey25

Lyle said something about that he is giving us his support and appreciates what we do and he's all pumped up for round 1 against the Mariners.

He said that before the flare went off.. lol