The off topic/general conversation thread

Neverbloom

lol it sounded like it, maybe i was wrong and it was something else but it sounded like a gunshot then a car did speed off

Bloddy smurfs going after our RBB mascot.

lol i am no mascot :P unless your talking about my cat.........he is a mascot :P

i know someone in this area does have a gun which they use sometimes but usually not right next to my house :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just want to put it out there, I hate the "Like whores" on Facebook.

"Like if you're against [iNSERT CAUSE], ignore if you don't care"

Especially when they talk about cancer and illness. Burns me so much.

Just want to put it out there, I hate the "Like whores" on Facebook.

"Like if you're against [iNSERT CAUSE], ignore if you don't care"

Especially when they talk about cancer and illness. Burns me so much.

that is really irritating

pretty much they say "like this or your a horrible human" :P i usually ignore them unless its an issue particularly close to me

• 2 weeks later...

It doesn't fit anywhere else, so imma post this here.

You might be able to guess who is a very f*cking proud dad tonight!

Preamble: for those not in the know, Damien [aka @FF_Deebz] is 19, a volunteer firefighter, and my eldest son. Jake [@Jake_amf16] is 16, did Fire Cadets at school, and is my second-eldest son.

Damien and Jake went out earlier for dinner with friends. Nothing special, other than 2-for-1 schnitzel night at the Pioneer Tavern.

On the way home, out of the corner of his eye, Jake notices a fire on the forecourt of the petrol station at the end of our street. He yells at Damien to stop the car (which he promptly does), then bails out, runs toward the servo and starts calling '000'.

As he's doing this, Damien wheels the car back around, then shoots over to block off the street, hops out and is greeted by the sight of a petrol bowser fully alight. [Turns out some shitbag had tried to rob the place. When he was locked out, he set fire to the pump - about the same time the boys were driving past]. Despite only being dressed in shorts & tshirt, Damien beelined for the extinguisher on the forecourt, gave it a test shot, then moved in to extinguish the flames. His only worry at this stage was that the whole thing might explode, until he noticed the female attendant was stuck inside the tiny booth near the burning pump and realised there was another - and slightly more worrying - problem.

Enter Jake, now finished on the phone, who teamed up with a Water Authority worker who had by now stopped to help, who then proceeded to enter the little shop thing, grab the [utterly hysterical] lady and bodily carry her to safety. Jake then had to almost wrestle her, at the same time as he's asking her for a description of the said shitbag and calming her down.

By now Damien has done a full sweeping attack on the burning pump, contained the fire and promptly extinguished it.

Two late-night security blokes arrived from the carpark of the shopping centre across the road. Jake gives them the description of the shitbag that he has got from the attendant, who is now starting to just bawl her eyes out as she slips into major shock. They get on their radios and spread the word. Then the Police arrive, complete with WTF looks on their faces. Quick confab with the security blokes and a couple of the cop cars peel out and rocket towards the shopping centre. Seems another of the security guards located the shitbag.

Then the truck from the local fire station arrived to see that most of their work had already been done for them. All that remained was for them to double-check with the thermal imaging camera to make sure everything was safe. Paramedics arrived and Jake handed over the (slightly calmer) attendant to them. She later came over and, with her husband who had arrived too, came over and thanked the boys & the Water dude.

The boys then spent the next half hour or so giving statements to The Bronze, then sauntered off into the night. :ninja:

Oh ya, Jake was wearing his WSW supporter's shirt the whole time.

It doesn't fit anywhere else, so imma post this here.

You might be able to guess who is a very f*cking proud dad tonight!

Preamble: for those not in the know, Damien [aka @FF_Deebz] is 19, a volunteer firefighter, and my eldest son. Jake [@Jake_amf16] is 16, did Fire Cadets at school, and is my second-eldest son.

Damien and Jake went out earlier for dinner with friends. Nothing special, other than 2-for-1 schnitzel night at the Pioneer Tavern.

On the way home, out of the corner of his eye, Jake notices a fire on the forecourt of the petrol station at the end of our street. He yells at Damien to stop the car (which he promptly does), then bails out, runs toward the servo and starts calling '000'.

As he's doing this, Damien wheels the car back around, then shoots over to block off the street, hops out and is greeted by the sight of a petrol bowser fully alight. [Turns out some shitbag had tried to rob the place. When he was locked out, he set fire to the pump - about the same time the boys were driving past]. Despite only being dressed in shorts & tshirt, Damien beelined for the extinguisher on the forecourt, gave it a test shot, then moved in to extinguish the flames. His only worry at this stage was that the whole thing might explode, until he noticed the female attendant was stuck inside the tiny booth near the burning pump and realised there was another - and slightly more worrying - problem.

Enter Jake, now finished on the phone, who teamed up with a Water Authority worker who had by now stopped to help, who then proceeded to enter the little shop thing, grab the [utterly hysterical] lady and bodily carry her to safety. Jake then had to almost wrestle her, at the same time as he's asking her for a description of the said shitbag and calming her down.

By now Damien has done a full sweeping attack on the burning pump, contained the fire and promptly extinguished it.

Two late-night security blokes arrived from the carpark of the shopping centre across the road. Jake gives them the description of the shitbag that he has got from the attendant, who is now starting to just bawl her eyes out as she slips into major shock. They get on their radios and spread the word. Then the Police arrive, complete with WTF looks on their faces. Quick confab with the security blokes and a couple of the cop cars peel out and rocket towards the shopping centre. Seems another of the security guards located the shitbag.

Then the truck from the local fire station arrived to see that most of their work had already been done for them. All that remained was for them to double-check with the thermal imaging camera to make sure everything was safe. Paramedics arrived and Jake handed over the (slightly calmer) attendant to them. She later came over and, with her husband who had arrived too, came over and thanked the boys & the Water dude.

The boys then spent the next half hour or so giving statements to The Bronze, then sauntered off into the night. :ninja:

Oh ya, Jake was wearing his WSW supporter's shirt the whole time.

that is epic, well done and congratulations for those who were such heroic, that is scary that someone actually did that but thank god those boys were passing by, very professional and heroic by them all i hope the attendant gets better, some people are scary and thank god it all ended well enough and also great advertising for the WSW :P, you should be really proud of how well they handled themselves and the situation if i had children who did something similar i would be bloody telling everyone :P

Edited by TheGoatOfDoom

it was a really amazing act and even better they did it in wanderers colours

there was a bit of banter in the Wander Woman thread that i started and a few people replied to, i did not want to reply in that thread because i do not want to destroy that thread but i did not not want to reply to those people because i do not want to be rud, so

lol @ Benched, i dont know my cat is tiny but i think my cat will terrify them :P so they will just rummage through my garbage and such hoping to find something :P

@ RBBKopite lol exactly

and @ Erebus lol a bad pun but they tend to be the most funny :P

dont know if any of the members will actually see this but still dont want to b rude and if i replied in that thread then i was being rude to the people actually participating in the thread