Ante Covic

Date Of Birth: 06/20/1975
Nation: Australia
Birthplace: Sydney, Australia
Squad Number: 1
Position: Goalkeeper
Secondary Positions:

Joined Wanderers: 07/02/2012
Contract Details: 1 year initial contract. Signed 1 year extension on 29th December 2012. Signed 1 year extension on 21st December 2013.
Contract Finish: 2014/15
Previous Club: Melbourne Victory
Wanderers Debut: 6th October 2012 vs Central Coast Mariners

Wanderers A-League Appearances: 78
Wanderers A-League Goals: 0

Wanderers ACL Appearances: 17
Wanderers ACL Goals: 0

Wanderers FFA Cup Appearances: 1
Wanderers FFA Cup Goals: 0

Wanderers Club World Cup Appearances: 1
Wanderers Club World Cup Goals: 0

Wanderers Total Appearances: 97
Wanderers Total Goals: 0

Yearly Appearances & Goals: 2012/13: 29 (0), 2013/14: 34 (0), 2014/15 : 34 (0)

International Team: Australia
International Caps: 2
International Goals: 0

Club Exit Date: 05/16/2015

Individual Awards: A-League Goalkeeper Of The Year (2012/13), PFA Team Of The Year (2012/13), A-League All Star (2012/13, Asian Champions League Player of the Tournament (2013/14), Asian Champions League Dream Team (2013/14).

Team Honours: A-League Premiership Winner (2012/13), Asian Champions League Winner (2014).

Highlight: Covic played every minute of every Wanderers A-League match in the 2012/13 season, including two finals matches.
Highlight: When Nikolai Topor-Stanely missed the Round 15 match against Adelaide United on the 19th of January 2014, Covic became the last Wanderer to have played in every match since the first match against the Central Coast Mariners.
Highlight: Kept a clean sheet in the Wanderers 1-0 win in the first leg of the AFC Champions League final against Al Hilal on 25 October 2014. He then kept another clean sheet in the second leg to see the Wanderers confirmed as Champions, being named Player of the Tournament as well.

Description: Ante Covic is a veteran goalkeeper who joined the club after being released from Melbourne Victory despite winning their player of the season award. He is known for his ferocious command of his area and defensive unit and his ability to stop penalty kicks.

View full record

• 4 weeks later...

What an awesome keeper we have at last nights game he saved a great penalty kick from adelaide fc n my esteem for him grew considerably.

Living up to last season it looks already. Brilliant keeper.

• 4 weeks later...

i have not seen that form this season, i mean he has been great but from what i remember he hasnt been quite as good as last year, from my memory which isnt great tbh :P

either way Covic is an amazing keeper, even when he was with Victory i found him very hard to dislike

i have not seen that form this season, i mean he has been great but from what i remember he hasnt been quite as good as last year, from my memory which isnt great tbh :P

either way Covic is an amazing keeper, even when he was with Victory i found him very hard to dislike

CCM have conceded the least shots on goal, so Ryan's been the most underworked keeper in the league thus far. He does some extra things that make him a little special in my view, including his vision and ability to come outside the box and make a clearance as well as his distribution, he seems very comfortable with the ball at his feet and genuinely able to start an attacking play from the very back.

Covic is a very different beast in terms of goalkeeping, a very large and imposing figure with great reach and positioning. Not quite as fleet of foot as the younger Ryan, but shows his experience consistently. He's probably another of the underworked keepers in the comp, but has pulled of some fantastic saves (of note the 1v1 vs the Jets near the end of the game).

Given they both play for my teams, I still wouldn't trade any of them for any other keepers in the competition.

Lets build a replica head that fits over ray price and mount it next game!!!! Haha

nah after the Tonights match lets build a 50 meter statue of him, made out of gold :P

and about my post before, i think its only because Matt Ryan has not had to do as much this season as last

Edited by TheGoatOfDoom

all i gotta say is.. HE SAVES TO THE LEFT - HE SAVES TO THE RIGHT..

his Ante Covic he saves them all night :P

jesus christ, goat. if i didn't know any better, i'd say you were tryna lick me out. :shok:

lol they recently changed the emote .......before it didnt move *runs*