Reece Caira

Date Of Birth: 01/08/1993
Nation: Australia
Birthplace: Gosford, New South Wales
Squad Number: 15
Position: Left Fullback
Secondary Positions:

Joined Wanderers: 08/03/2012
Contract Details: Two year initial contract. Likely end date March 2014.
Contract Finish: 2013/14
Previous Club: Aston Villa
Wanderers Debut: 27th December 2012 vs Perth Glory

Wanderers A-League Appearances: 2
Wanderers A-League Goals: 0

Wanderers ACL Appearances: 0
Wanderers ACL Goals: 0

Wanderers FFA Cup Appearances:
Wanderers FFA Cup Goals:

Wanderers Club World Cup Appearances: 0
Wanderers Club World Cup Goals: 0

Wanderers Total Appearances: 2
Wanderers Total Goals: 0

Yearly Appearances & Goals: 2012/13: 2 (0).

International Team: Australia
International Caps: 0
International Goals: 0

Club Exit Date: 08/01/2013

Individual Awards:

Team Honours: A-League Premiership Winner (2012/13).

Highlight: Made his A-League and Wanderers debut on 27th December 2012 vs Perth Glory
Highlight: Caira became the first ex-Wanderer to play against Western Sydney in the Round 2 match between Western Sydney Wanderers & Wellington Phoenix on the 20th of October 2013.
Highlight:

Description: A young left sided defender who left Aston Villa after 3 seasons in the youth and reserves team. After limited opportunities in the Wanderers first team, he requested a chance to find other A-League opportunities and left the Wanderers to join the Wellington Phoenix after a short trial.

View full record

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

imo we have not seen enough of him this season he looks promising

agreed, i would like to see a bit more of him, he looked pretty good when he made his debut against Perth.

agreed with pretty much his first touch he almost scored a goal :D

imo we have not seen enough of him this season he looks promising

agreed, i would like to see a bit more of him, he looked pretty good when he made his debut against Perth.

agreed with pretty much his first touch he almost scored a goal :D

I remember that, he ripped two Perth players and then had a shot. I remember thinking that this this kid is going to be good

• 2 months later...

If the 5 man bench is brought in he could see some action, with Elrich gone, Caira should get some time via squad rotation as the sub fullback, or even as a starter in a handful of games or if Cole or D'Apuzzo's form drops.

• 1 month later...

Update on his status: Reece Caira is still a contracted player at the club, however he has been allowed to seek opportunity at another club and if a suitable club is found the club, player and management will discuss that if it comes in.

• 2 months later...

dont get the point in booing, not like he left for better wages or because he had issues with the club. kid just wasnt playing/good enough.

I agree.

It's a great thing that he's still playing in the A-League, and that NIX are able to give him that chance.

See, if he'd gone to our cross-city rivals, of ESFC, THEN it would be a completely different story! 

dont get the point in booing, not like he left for better wages or because he had issues with the club. kid just wasnt playing/good enough.

I agree.

It's a great thing that he's still playing in the A-League, and that NIX are able to give him that chance.

See, if he'd gone to our cross-city rivals, of ESFC, THEN it would be a completely different story! 

agreed, if they leave for the right reasons then i dont mind it

i totally forgot that he was at the Nux till after the match and always thought he deserved more game time at the wanderers, almost scored with his first touch and did well that match apart from the time wasting

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...