Nikolai Topor-Stanley

mack

Watching the replay of the semi against the Meow and the commentators mentioned NTS is the only non-goalie to have played every minute of every game in the 12/13 A-League season. What a fuqking legend!

If he doesn't get the nod for the All-Stars game then I demand a Royal Commission...

Surely this showed he's ready for a Socceroos call up.

If his performance last night doesn't prove he's ready then I don't know what will.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

anyone catch shoot out last night bozza and bridges calling for him to go to Brazil

Interesting I thought.... Stating the obvious they said he has been the most consistent defender in league over 2 years and should at least be in squad

Wonder what ange thinks?

NTS would get ravished at the WC.

And the rest of the aussie CB's won't?

anyone catch shoot out last night bozza and bridges calling for him to go to Brazil

Interesting I thought.... Stating the obvious they said he has been the most consistent defender in league over 2 years and should at least be in squad

Wonder what ange thinks?

Not necessarily. Mobility is key considering the fluid movement of most national teams. Anyone with poor technique, distribution, and pace will quickly be found out. NTS lacks all three.

I'd be happy for any Wanderers player  to be picked by Ange for the World cup in Brazil, it could only benefit the player and the club for them to return with more knowledge than they would get from watching it on the couch at home.

Wonder what ange thinks?

Not necessarily. Mobility is key considering the fluid movement of most national teams. Anyone with poor technique, distribution, and pace will quickly be found out. NTS lacks all three.

Well to be fair, if he keeps booting the ball out with his NTS-style clearances... shouldn't be too bad.

What I am concerned about is when someone runs at him, he usually backs off and we've seen what happens when even mediocre strikers here in the A-League can do if he has to track back.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

At this stage of the year I'm more concerned with contract talks. He must be re-signed.

But the injury came at the worst time for him. Smokey for the World Cup squad prior to this? Maybe not but, he's had a great year.

was limping quite badly on the field last night when walking around with the rest of the squad.

fingers crossed he won't need surgery and get's a proper off / pre season.

Yes, it didn't look good at all, actually.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...