Nikolai Topor-Stanley

mack

He can do it all.

Why would you even think to go for a header for a ball that low?? What a legend.

I love NTS, he's probably been our most consistent player, so don't get me wrong here, but if he used his foot for that attempt on goal, it was sailing over the crossbar, out of the stadium and would have probably killed a bystander in the streets of Wellington haha!

Smart use of the head.

I love NTS, he's probably been our most consistent player, so don't get me wrong here, but if he used his foot for that attempt on goal, it was sailing over the crossbar, out of the stadium and would have probably killed a bystander in the streets of Wellington haha!

Smart use of the head.

ROFL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Standard. Most improved player in the A-League and easily the best CB this season.

best australian CB right now.......Olsiek better be paying attention because if Topor is not in the Australian team this year he is kidding himself

Standard. Most improved player in the A-League and easily the best CB this season.

best australian CB right now.......Olsiek better be paying attention because if Topor is not in the Australian team this year he is kidding himself

Id rather Holger doesnt pay attention. Want NTS to play the derby!

Edited by West13

its a tough one innit. i want him soooo bad to were the green and gold and make neill watch from the sidelines thinking "well i aint playin for oz again", but i also want him for the derby to show neill how its done.

its a tough one innit. i want him soooo bad to were the green and gold and make neill watch from the sidelines thinking "well i aint playin for oz again", but i also want him for the derby to show neill how its done.

Definitely deserves a chance in the green & gold but WHEN is the almighty question, socceroos game is terrible timing. Been a great coup for the wanderers and if not the BEST CB in the league.

name a CB that is playing better then him right now

that should make him automatic selection, good for him not so good for us and the derby but we can smash ESFC regardless 

i mean .....they have put that wanker milligan in numerous times 

His awareness of where opposition players are and his anticipation of where the ball is going to be played is unbelievable, he reads the game so well and his aerial ability is second to none.

His understanding with Beauchamp makes them by far the best centre back combination in the league.

I can not fathom how he hasn't been included in the Socceroo squad?

"He is so tough he puts his head in places most players wouldn't  put their feet" This is how a wise old timer discribed him...Ha ha loved it. 

Edited by Jaggy

I'm wondering how much of it is down to his fitness. He's lost a stack of weight compared to pre-season (along with pretty much the entire squad).

apparently all the squad get weighed on a monday morning and Popa is pretty strict on weight

When we signed this bloke I thought '...****'. Thought he was useless at newcastle, a liability at best.

Great to see him prove even his biggest doubters wrong, he is having a blinder. NEVER thought I'd see him in contention for the socceroos, and now it's looking more likely than not

I must have been the only person who rated him last season. I remember I put together my 2011/12 a-league team of the year the day of the WSW forum at Bankstown Sports and he was one of my starting CBs along with Bas van den Brink. When I heard we signed him I was ecstatic!

Same here. I rated him last year for Newcastle. I think he was the butt of a lot of jokes, but people didn't actually watch him play. He was a tower of strength for them at the back. I had a quite smile on my face when I heard he had signed for us.

couldnt help but think of the B-League segment everytime i saw him knocking a ball into touch on sunday. there was one that reached the top tier hahaha

Me too. I must say that he does the hoof much less regularly now then he did at the start of the season, and nowadays it's almost always justified.

• 1 month later...