Nikolai Topor-Stanley

mack

Been nice knowing you, thanks for your dedicated service, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

:shok:

You're just as sentimental as Popa towards our club legends :lol: Surely he deserves a bit better than that?

He was an ideal fit for us in seasons 1 & 2, but our possession based style has left him floundering & we have better starting CB options.

IIRC, I've previously posted on here that his attitude at training etc, has been less than I would expect from a captain of WSW. 

I'm not president of the I love NTS fan club well actually I probably am. Here's the flipside of the story with my uneducated and ill informed view. Like most I only have what to go off what we hear/read.

if there is any truth that over the last 12 months he was offered some serious money in Asia only to be told he can't leave then you can underestimate the effect on his current mindset. Yes I know it's part of football **** happens but when it does there is the morale of the player to deal with.

I totally get we don't sell players in Jan xfer window and support this especially when we are in title contention like last season. But what I don't like is that a few month ago he was probably planned as a starting CB and then we go and sign cornflakes and all then it's like Topor you can move on, even though most other clubs here and abroad have done business already. I honestly don't like it. 

Fair enough if the player has been here short term, but Topor has been here from the start, treat him with a bit more respect, especially seeing at times he's been **** colossal for us. 

For what it's worth my 2 cents are if he has reached his limitations with us in terms of both motivation and playing capability then it's time for NTS to move on.

This doesn't detract from his importance to the club as a foundation player, as a captain and as the man who gave us so many lulz on the B-League.

Like so many of the others who have been with the club and impressed themselves onto our community, our memory, his legacy (oops, I had a Cahill moment there) won't be easily dismissed. However we can't afford to sit on our laurels and put faith into players who may not be able to deliver what is needed now.

This may be harsh or pre-emptive, however if we see Aspro or Hamill teamed up with Borda and Corny then hopefully we will have a nice mix of youth and international experience which will be driven to succeed and play in a style that we all know the club aspires to.

if there is any truth that over the last 12 months he was offered some serious money in Asia only to be told he can't leave then you can underestimate the effect on his current mindset.

Can't find the source now: the Asian club which had indicated their interest sent a couple of reps over to see NTS play, and the club never heard from them again. In other words: the big money offer rumour could really just have been an unsubstantiated rumour.

@manfred

Agree with what your saying but why didn't we decide at end of season it's time to move on seems the decision only came about recently

Could be wrong but it's why it looks like

Who knows. Maybe everything that has transpired between then and now has been on an ad hoc basis, with the likes of NTS, Popa and Lederer all trying to work out what the fook is going on.

Let's not forget we've seen players depart at the drop of a hat (e.g. Jamo), others hum and hah and not get it sorted until everything has suited them (e.g. Tomi), and others who we thought were for the high jump being kept on board (Shannon).

Not going to lose much sleep over whatever is happening behind closed doors that we know almost zero about. The gaffers have got it mostly right these last four seasons and unless we see a repeat of 2013/14 I'll let those in the know who get paid to make the decisions work out what will happen with NTS.

I love the guy (in a entirely hetro way) edited from mostly now I think about it

I remember in season 1 a friend of mine sighted him on a date in petersham frangoes, that's reason enough for me to love him

I also have a theory that the wilder is hair is the better he plays every so often he seems to get a sensible haircut and then play like crap (this is probably wrong)

Edited by StringerBellend

IIRC, I've previously posted on here that his attitude at training etc, has been less than I would expect from a captain of WSW.

I wasn't aware of this, but if it was true then wouldn't popa have benched him?

Bit of a risk in a must win cup tie, but maybe, had Artis & or Cornthwaite been 100%

Just my observations, others may see it differently

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah walk away from his $200K or whatever he earns :P

Hold you ground Topor. Make Lederer pay you out under 'mutual agreement' so the cap isn't affected.

Mutual agreement on termination means zero pay. Will popa drop him to a Meggsy role like he did in S2 with us?

My question of the week for Taurus, you said previously that you haven't been impressed with Topa's attitude this preseason & we have told him to look for another club yet Popa persists with him, why?

Yeah walk away from his $200K or whatever he earns :P

Hold you ground Topor. Make Lederer pay you out under 'mutual agreement' so the cap isn't affected.

Mutual agreement on termination means zero pay. Will popa drop him to a Meggsy role like he did in S2 with us?

My question of the week for Taurus, you said previously that you haven't been impressed with Topa's attitude this preseason & we have told him to look for another club yet Popa persists with him, why?

Any other player that has an attitude problem usually gets left on the outer by Popa, so good question. This game may tip Popa down that route.

I dunno how to do it, but he needs shipping out!

Not sure what the cap rules are but mutual agreement usually means some form of payout, normally full pay out when the club just wants someone to piss off, so they pay them and that's what they do.

Any payout ends up going against the salary cap, so don't think so. I know that was one of the rules that the PFA wanted to change but not sure if anything actually happened :unknw:

Not sure what the cap rules are but mutual agreement usually means some form of payout, normally full pay out when the club just wants someone to piss off, so they pay them and that's what they do.

Any payout ends up going against the salary cap, so don't think so. I know that was one of the rules that the PFA wanted to change but not sure if anything actually happened :unknw:

If it were to happen it'd be part of the next Collective Bargaining Agreement. PFA definitely want it in an attempt to end the scenarios with players like Saba, Adeleke, Polenz at Roar etc.

Yeah I would assume that is the case. Kind of defeats the purpose of the cap if you can just cut blokes and buy others. 

Been nice knowing you, thanks for your dedicated service, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

You're just as sentimental as Popa towards our club legends :lol: Surely he deserves a bit better than that?

I call it, 20 fooken days ago. 

He was an ideal fit for us in seasons 1 & 2, but our possession based style has left him floundering & we have better starting CB options.

gone from losing a grand final against Roar without him to losing everything of note with him in it and often causing it directly.

ACL was the highlight of his career, even got him on the Socceroos radar but those days are long gone now, I can't see him coming back from this.