mack

Nikolai Topor-Stanley

He saw it ... He knew it

he was hoping it wouldn't happen and that topor would somehow get through, not playing well, but just get through this season without the impact it had last night

Now topor has made the decision for him

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

Not sure what the cap rules are but mutual agreement usually means some form of payout, normally full pay out when the club just wants someone to piss off, so they pay them and that's what they do.

Any payout ends up going against the salary cap, so don't think so. I know that was one of the rules that the PFA wanted to change but not sure if anything actually happened :unknw:

Pretty sure the loophole is the term 'mutual agreement'

If it's not mutual and the player is just paid out in full than it counts against the cap

If it's not and its mutual it doesn't

That's my understanding

Mutual still counts , any payouts under any circumstances are counted toward the cap.

We are a long long way under cap, so this isn't the issue.

Paying him out the large salary is

Mutual just means they may agree to give him 50% up front to leave ... That 50% counts in the cap

We are a long long way under cap, so this isn't the issue.

Paying him out the large salary is

Yeah, we have a marquee and the guest spot available, so as you say the cap is not an issue, the issue is whether the club can offload him or is willing to pay him to leave.

If the club was committed to two marquees from the start, then really they should be willing to pay his wages so that someone takes him. Plenty of clubs will take a player for free! The real problem is probably finding an attacker we like and can afford.

Also, it's getting pretty late on now, so the club might think it can do better business by waiting till January. They might get a fee for him, or someone to at least pay his wages. After having so many players leave for free, maybe they've wised up in the front office!

In any company I've ever been involved in, I have never seen an employee that has been told he's not wanted anymore perform well. Typically when you say that to an employee you make sure they are moved aside to minimise exposure. I know the "professional" bla bla bla but that's theory not practice.

In any company I've ever been involved in, I have never seen an employee that has been told he's not wanted anymore perform well. Typically when you say that to an employee you make sure they are moved aside to minimise exposure. I know the "professional" bla bla bla but that's theory not practice.

Very true, but we don't know if Topor was wanting to leave for that last payday and the club always assumed he'd find a deal, or if the club told him to go look. The Cornthwaite deal was a head-scratcher at the time, and lends me to think that everyone thought Topor was going.

Plus, professional sport IS different. Some people, once they get out on the field, can play well no matter what is going on around them. Let's not pretend that Topor is playing like this purely because the club seems to want to move him on. For his whole career fans have talked about him not being good enough on the ball, and the last couple of years his limitations have been more obvious as we transitioned to a passing game.

It's actually a testament to his dedication and leadership that he has lasted so long and been so successful.

The Brady Bunch and Where Are they Now. I gave up with that push in the back against Glory last season that gave them an equalizing penalty a minute after we scored. We carried Pio last season and sure it ain't the same except on the paddock it is.

Guy gets skinned on the reg, so he has to yank em back

Perth glory at home, Sydney derby at home against Blackwood which cost us the game, yesterday against El Tuna, It's only going to get worse with the amount of deadly attackers this season. Imagine Mitch Austin against NTS ..... lel

Edited by xxBrandonxx

Guy gets skinned on the reg, so he has to yank em back

Perth glory at home, Sydney derby at home against Blackwood which cost us the game, yesterday against El Tuna, It's only going to get worse with the amount of deadly attackers this season. Imagine Mitch Austin against NTS ..... lel

Based on this discussion its time for Cornthwaite to replace NTS on a regular basis. Would also give presence in the box.

What about the possible match up of Rojas vs NTS. I reckon NTS would come off second best.

I haven't seen the footage from the debacle on Wednesday night, and to some extent I find the NTS bashing more opportunistic caterwauling than valid.

HOWEVER...

Putting aside the unknowns that are possibly influencing his performances from a psychological point of view, ranging from his reported desire for a release to maybe his having to accept Bulut back in the squad, our captain is not what he was from say season one. Nor is the squad and its systems the same.

I would like to see him stick around as I do believe he still has something to offer. Yet is he the indispensable part of our back four that we needed until at least the GF against Brisbane a few seasons' ago? Probably not. It's hard to make an informed choice, however Cornflakes, Borda and Aspro (with arguably Hamill as well) all could make a compelling case for either forming or replacing him in a central defenders' position/partnership, with my thinking right now built around the first two. 

As for the captaincy, well that would be probably best given to Butters. The guy works like a trojan (and no, not the franger brand) and as he is always somewhere in the mids can help direct traffic either at the front or back. 

I don't believe that Topor is gone, but right now he must be staring into the abyss and who knows whether he'll topple in (see what I did there  :ninja: )

Regardless of whether you are on team #ToporOut or not. looking at this for any player, if their payout counts against the cap, then why let them go. They can then sign and play against you, often reinvigorated.

If you have to pay out 100%, then you might as well have them training on field 7, keeping fit, who knows when you cop 3 injuries at the back and need to bring someone in.  Mutual agreement to reduce the payout is a different story.

You can pay out 100% of the contract as a mutual termination and it doesn't count.

You can pay out 100% of the contract as a mutual termination and it doesn't count.

That's not a mutual termination, that's paying out a contract. I'd imagine that a mutual termination would be along the lines of two parties going there separate ways without money involved.

That's not a mutual termination, that's paying out a contract. I'd imagine that a mutual termination would be along the lines of two parties going there separate ways without money involved.

It's my understanding that a mutual termination can be for any costs, and that if a mutual termination is reached that player no longer counts under the salary cap.

So if we wanted a player for one year we could sign them on a two year contract, play them for one year then "mutually terminate" the contract and pay them out for the second year of their contract, which wouldn't count toward the cap?

It's my understanding that a mutual termination can be for any costs, and that if a mutual termination is reached that player no longer counts under the salary cap.
Do you have any sauce with that?

Regardless of whether you are on team #ToporOut or not. looking at this for any player, if their payout counts against the cap, then why let them go. They can then sign and play against you, often reinvigorated.

If you have to pay out 100%, then you might as well have them training on field 7, keeping fit, who knows when you cop 3 injuries at the back and need to bring someone in.  Mutual agreement to reduce the payout is a different story.

Except that we don't have any spots left, so if we want to bolster the squad we have to offload someone. 

The end product is on the field where you cannot hide and whatever is going on psychologically for him is on display. Some have carried on about what a loose cannon they believe Bulut is yet get sentimental when the liability of the captain comes up. We can speculate as much as we like but facts are a stubborn thing and a 4 - 1 scoreline is a 4 - 1 scoreline. Low self esteem married to resentment is a cancer in the sheds so something has been apparent for some time and now announces itself pre prep Derby. I haven't got a football brain to answer this but it's not okay to hit snooze on a wake up call.

So if we wanted a player for one year we could sign them on a two year contract, play them for one year then "mutually terminate" the contract and pay them out for the second year of their contract, which wouldn't count toward the cap?

Relies on a lot of trust that the player and club will abide by the termination at end of year one. Player could easily say, "nah, I like it here" instead of jogging on.

Sad but had to happen, his mind has long since departed the club to be fair.

This should have have been wrapped up a month or so back for the club and player, but understand these things take time.

After Borda's performance in Derby, plus overall performance in the pre-season/ffa cup games would rather NTS.