Sign in to follow this  
mack

Michael Beauchamp

Funny how no one complained when Elrich - the then vice captain and one of WSW's original signings - was left out of the squad and forced to play with the youth team, for no apparent reason. Yet now everyone is up in arms about Beauchamp. Despite, in my opinion, Elrich being far more versatile and a better option than the current incumbent left and right backs.

They call football managers 'the boss' for a reason. Popa has every right to leave out any player he feels for any reason he feels, without having to justify it to anyone. He is the boss. In fact he needs only to justify it to Lyall, if Lyall requests justification.

Elrich was very average. Beauchamp has been very consistent with no evident reason as to why he should be completely dropped. That's not to say Spiranovic hasn't been good, because he's been excellent IMO. 

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

Funny how no one complained when Elrich - the then vice captain and one of WSW's original signings - was left out of the squad and forced to play with the youth team, for no apparent reason. Yet now everyone is up in arms about Beauchamp. Despite, in my opinion, Elrich being far more versatile and a better option than the current incumbent left and right backs.

They call football managers 'the boss' for a reason. Popa has every right to leave out any player he feels for any reason he feels, without having to justify it to anyone. He is the boss. In fact he needs only to justify it to Lyall, if Lyall requests justification.

Elrich was never a regular starter

Elrich was never a regular starter

Plus Elrich never displayed the consistency of form that made you question Popa's decision to use JP, and Polenz repeatedly was one of our best men on the park.

I don't think people are up in arms...more we'd like to learn a little more about why a guy who is the team captain going into the season, who fitted so sweetly into a system that brought us so many wins, and who had some monster games in this season is now out for Spira.

Guest ZipGunBop

Elrich can feel hard done by with his year with us.

He was one of the first signings and expected to play a large role. He was on most of the pre season promo stuff.

But then we signed Polenz who is a class above clearly.

That's football.

Have to disagree, in the games Elrich was given a chance, he did exceptionally well, with no evident reason why he was dropped and forced to play youth football.

In any case this is Beauchamp's thread, and I hope for his sake he hasn't gotten on the wrong side of Popa because he could be looking for a new club by seasons end.

But surely Spira wasn't signed to sit on the bench, so it's not overly surprising that he has taken his chance.

Have to disagree, in the games Elrich was given a chance, he did exceptionally well, with no evident reason why he was dropped and forced to play youth football.

In any case this is Beauchamp's thread, and I hope for his sake he hasn't gotten on the wrong side of Popa because he could be looking for a new club by seasons end.

But surely Spira wasn't signed to sit on the bench, so it's not overly surprising that he has taken his chance.

Elrich was dropped because we signed Ono. If we hadn't he would've been fighting with Cole for the RB spot. Mooy would've played AM and Polenz would've been fighting with Poljak/La Rocca for the CDM spot.

There's a lot of comparison between Meggsy and Spira on here --> por que no Los dos?

Meggsy outperformed hyphen in the first three or four matches, why not drop NTS? Another option is to give Adam a rest and shift hyphen out to LB. There are more options than just swapping Spira and our fearless (on pitch) leader.

This so much. Some sanity at last.

There's a lot of comparison between Meggsy and Spira on here --> por que no Los dos?

Meggsy outperformed hyphen in the first three or four matches, why not drop NTS? Another option is to give Adam a rest and shift hyphen out to LB. There are more options than just swapping Spira and our fearless (on pitch) leader.

This so much. Some sanity at last.

Yeah, I too wonder whether Spira should be considered for a LB role. Other folk who may have watched his career may have more relevant/informed ideas about him, but I could see his ball-playing skills helping Bridge immensely.

I have a gut feel that Ange might of called popa to get Spira game fit, for obvious reasons... Either that or... Maybe if he changes his last name Beauchamvic he'll be sweet lol.. jokes I have a gut feel about the first option though.   I was reading an article which I'm trying to find again, and they were comparing the stats between Spira, and Beauchamp, and Spira tops Michael in every aspect. Once I find it I'll post it up

Is it:

http://sofifa.com/en/14w/p/145512-michael-beauchamp

http://sofifa.com/en/14w/p/148180-matthew-spiranovic

:P

Though I think Beauchamp is much more of a physical presence than Spira.

I have thought this the last couple of weeks but maybe Popa wants the security of NTS's solid clearances etc alongside Spira's ability to pass. Don't know. On that, Popa clearly wanted a lot more possession against Victory and Roar. So maybe the plan all along was, warm up Spira vs Heart, have him there for the game plan vs Melbourne and Brisbane, and we'll see Beauchamp back next week?

That doesn't justify him being left out of the squad completely. 

Well.. do we need a third CB even on the bench? Seems like a waste of a substitute especially since the CBs pretty much stay back and don't do much running.

I like the combo of a left footer and right footer in the centre of defence. So on that rationale Megsy will be fighting Spira for a spot even though they are  the 2 better options.

He's been a bit stiff at times- he was probably one of the best on the field in the World Cup game v Serbia and never played another game for the national team and here he is consistently in our top 3-4 every week since our first game and now finds himself in the wilderness again.

I like the combo of a left footer and right footer in the centre of defence. So on that rationale Megsy will be fighting Spira for a spot even though they are  the 2 better options.

He's been a bit stiff at times- he was probably one of the best on the field in the World Cup game v Serbia and never played another game for the national team and here he is consistently in our top 3-4 every week since our first game and now finds himself in the wilderness again.

Spiranovic is fairly two footed though isnt he? So it wouldnt make a huge difference. Against a team like roar I would've liked MB and NTS and hit on the counter.

There's no mystery about Beauchamp, why he simply disappeared. Now lets have no more curiosity about this bizarre coverup.

I'm guessing it's because Deano can play more positions, so he's of more use to the bench.

Yeah Heffernan can play pretty much anywhere along the back line and has played on the wing previously. La Rocca was also on the bench and he can play as a holding midfielder and has played CB for us before. Meggsy can only really play CB. With a small bench you need versatility.

when does any team have a central defender as a sub?

William gallas and perth glory 

did you watch the game? he spent more time in the oppostition box than his own.

he clearly came on as a striker :P

plus perth are a little backwards, but i concede it happens rarely.

2 games in 5 days coming up with Victory on the 28th then Wellington on the 1st.

Any predictions if Megsy will get a start in one of those games?

2 games in 5 days coming up with Victory on the 28th then Wellington on the 1st.

i think he will

i think he will

I hope so!!  #BelatedChristmasPressie

Three days rest means changes will be made. I wouldn't be surprised if we see Beauchamp, Tyson, Trifiro, Heffernan, Kubi, Haliti, Tahj, Mooy, and perhaps some of the more promising youth team (come on Martin Lo) for Wellington.

i think he will

I hope so!!  #BelatedChristmasPressie

its a great problem but we have too many great players

What's Meggsy's contract status at the moment?

He's off contract.

Contract Details: 1 year initial contract. Signed 1 year extension on 31st December 2012.

Contract Expiry: 2013/14

He's off contract.Contract Details: 1 year initial contract. Signed 1 year extension on 31st December 2012.Contract Expiry: 2013/14
So if here is any chance for Spira to get re-signed could Meggsy be let go? I know that would be anathema to many folk but considering how much Popa prefers to use Spira and the age of Beauchamp perhaps by letting him go it frees up more money for Spira.

I almost feel like a blasphemer articulating this hypothesis.

He's off contract.Contract Details: 1 year initial contract. Signed 1 year extension on 31st December 2012.Contract Expiry: 2013/14
So if here is any chance for Spira to get re-signed could Meggsy be let go? I know that would be anathema to many folk but considering how much Popa prefers to use Spira and the age of Beauchamp perhaps by letting him go it frees up more money for Spira.

I almost feel like a blasphemer articulating this hypothesis.

it does kinda suck having three of the best CBs in the league in the one team.

question is, do we let the third best (form-wise) go, to keep the best CB (by a long way) for next season?

i just hope it doesn't come down to that. spira wont be around forever, and beauchamp still has seasons in him. and i want them to be with us.

We should try a back 3 of Spira, Meggsy and NTS it would be like having Cerberus guarding our goal