Michael Beauchamp

mack

He'll definitely get gametime around ACL period when we have to rotate the squad tons. As Popa said, every player in the squad will have their chance to play... so, yeah.

youd wanna hope his confidence isnt shot by then though

He'll definitely get gametime around ACL period when we have to rotate the squad tons. As Popa said, every player in the squad will have their chance to play... so, yeah.

youd wanna hope his confidence isnt shot by then though

I get the impression that he's a tough bugger, mentally it won't affect him too much

I have a gut feel that Ange might of called popa to get Spira game fit, for obvious reasons... Either that or... Maybe if he changes his last name Beauchamvic he'll be sweet lol.. jokes I have a gut feel about the first option though.   I was reading an article which I'm trying to find again, and they were comparing the stats between Spira, and Beauchamp, and Spira tops Michael in every aspect. Once I find it I'll post it up

There's a lot of comparison between Meggsy and Spira on here --> por que no Los dos?

Meggsy outperformed hyphen in the first three or four matches, why not drop NTS? Another option is to give Adam a rest and shift hyphen out to LB. There are more options than just swapping Spira and our fearless (on pitch) leader.

There's a lot of comparison between Meggsy and Spira on here --> por que no Los dos?

Meggsy outperformed hyphen in the first three or four matches, why not drop NTS? Another option is to give Adam a rest and shift hyphen out to LB. There are more options than just swapping Spira and our fearless (on pitch) leader.

agreed, I'd leave Spira and move or swap NTS for Beauchamp... I didn't think D'Appuzo had a good first half..

I have thought this the last couple of weeks but maybe Popa wants the security of NTS's solid clearances etc alongside Spira's ability to pass. Don't know. On that, Popa clearly wanted a lot more possession against Victory and Roar. So maybe the plan all along was, warm up Spira vs Heart, have him there for the game plan vs Melbourne and Brisbane, and we'll see Beauchamp back next week?

I have thought this the last couple of weeks but maybe Popa wants the security of NTS's solid clearances etc alongside Spira's ability to pass. Don't know. On that, Popa clearly wanted a lot more possession against Victory and Roar. So maybe the plan all along was, warm up Spira vs Heart, have him there for the game plan vs Melbourne and Brisbane, and we'll see Beauchamp back next week?

That doesn't justify him being left out of the squad completely. 

That doesn't justify him being left out of the squad completely.

Maybe not, just trying to explain it rationally. Maybe he hasn't been training that well with a newborn in his house. :lol: Anyway, it's clear Popa likes to keep his cards close and he's not going to give it away. The way he has been able to change up the game plan this year has given me a bit of extra confidence in him - I wondered if we would be a bit one dimensional this season - we were a bit last year, I remember when he was swapping Dino and Gibbs around there didn't seem to be much difference in how we were approaching the game. But so far we've had a bit of the old with some tweaks for Juric and a bit of the new. I'm putting my trust in Popa for now.

Funny how no one complained when Elrich - the then vice captain and one of WSW's original signings - was left out of the squad and forced to play with the youth team, for no apparent reason. Yet now everyone is up in arms about Beauchamp. Despite, in my opinion, Elrich being far more versatile and a better option than the current incumbent left and right backs.

They call football managers 'the boss' for a reason. Popa has every right to leave out any player he feels for any reason he feels, without having to justify it to anyone. He is the boss. In fact he needs only to justify it to Lyall, if Lyall requests justification.