Aaron Mooy

Date Of Birth: 09/16/1990
Nation: Australia
Birthplace: Blacktown, New South Wales
Squad Number: 10
Position: Midfield
Secondary Positions:

Joined Wanderers: 06/26/2012
Contract Details: Two Year initial contract.
Contract Finish: 2013/14
Previous Club: St. Mirren
Wanderers Debut: 6th October 2012 vs Central Coast Mariners

Wanderers A-League Appearances: 49
Wanderers A-League Goals: 4

Wanderers ACL Appearances: 5
Wanderers ACL Goals: 1

Wanderers FFA Cup Appearances: 0
Wanderers FFA Cup Goals: 0

Wanderers Club World Cup Appearances: 0
Wanderers Club World Cup Goals: 0

Wanderers Total Appearances: 54
Wanderers Total Goals: 5

Yearly Appearances & Goals: 2012/13: 23 (1), 2013/14: 31 (4).

International Team: Australia
International Caps: 3
International Goals: 3

Club Exit Date: 05/14/2014

Individual Awards:

Team Honours: A-League Premiership Winner (2012/13).

Highlight: He became the first ever Wanderer to gain a national team call-up, and made his Socceroos debut on the 7th of December 2012 against Guam, scoring a free-kick as well. He followed this days later by scoring again from a free-kick against Taiwan.
Highlight: Scored his first ever goal for the Wanderers, against Perth Glory in Round 22, Season 2012/13 on 23/02/2013.
Highlight:

Description: A gifted midfield distributor, Aaron Mooy is a true box to box midfielder, with the ability to play as an alternative to Shinji Ono in the attacking midfield position. Mooy left the club after Season 2013/14 to join Melbourne Heart.

View full record

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lovely young quite spoken lad, a credit to his parents.

He's always been rather shy & quiet but boy did he let his feet do the talking on the field. I had the pleasure of coaching him when he was just nine - he was playing up 2 years for Granville Association in the U/11 Junior League team and he stood out above all others even though they were two years older than him.

And yes, his parents are fantastic people also and very supportive of him in all his soccer endeavours. Looking forward to seeing him in action regularly this season.

Lovely young quite spoken lad, a credit to his parents.

He's always been rather shy & quiet but boy did he let his feet do the talking on the field. I had the pleasure of coaching him when he was just nine - he was playing up 2 years for Granville Association in the U/11 Junior League team and he stood out above all others even though they were two years older than him.

And yes, his parents are fantastic people also and very supportive of him in all his soccer endeavours. Looking forward to seeing him in action regularly this season.

Beef, taught Aaron everything he knows

I reckon at this stage of his career Mooy would do better in ono's position where he can deliver a killer pass and threaten with the ball at his feet.

Ono on the other hand i think would be best suited to being the general, back in Mooys role

I reckon at this stage of his career Mooy would do better in ono's position where he can deliver a killer pass and threaten with the ball at his feet.

Ono on the other hand i think would be best suited to being the general, back in Mooys role

Mooys quite fast also. However he does defend quite well.

He lost possession a few times last night but also played some lovely passes.

I wonder if they play the way they are because Mooy is more accustomed to defending as opposed to Ono?

I wonder if they play the way they are because Mooy is more accustomed to defending as opposed to Ono?

Maybe although I've seen a few times this season where Mooy has to chase back toward his own goal and gives away silly fouls. Reminds me of Scholes where the team turn over the ball in midfield, he has to chase back and you can see the foul coming waaaay before it happens.

He is no where near as bad as scholes in that aspect though.

Infact i have been pleasantly surprised at how good Mooy is in defence, he just reads the play so well and his challenges are more often then not spot on. He just looks ahead of the pace all the time.

His foul on saturday night was smart in the wake of a stupid error.

His only fault thus far is the habbit to dwell too much on the ball and go round in circles.

I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with Mooy's tackling or the defensive side of his game. His only problem is when he gets caught in possession and loses the ball he wants it back so badly and works so hard to get it back that his tackles become a bit rash.

I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with Mooy's tackling or the defensive side of his game. His only problem is when he gets caught in possession and loses the ball he wants it back so badly and works so hard to get it back that his tackles become a bit rash.

yeah pretty much summed it up for me

He needs to work on his defence. He is a bit reckless sometimes and a bit of a hack haha. Fix that part of his game up and he'll be quality for the national team.

i thought he did pretty well defending rogic a few weeks ago. all over him. gave away a few penalties and a card i think, but it look like he was given a job and gave it 100%

also smashed all the pre-season talk about how good rogic was gonna be this season.

ok, maybe he delayed it by one game.

so to sum up, mooy + defend = good

He needs to work on his defence. He is a bit reckless sometimes and a bit of a hack haha. Fix that part of his game up and he'll be quality for the national team.

i thought he did pretty well defending rogic a few weeks ago. all over him. gave away a few penalties and a card i think, but it look like he was given a job and gave it 100%

also smashed all the pre-season talk about how good rogic was gonna be this season.

ok, maybe he delayed it by one game.

so to sum up, mooy + defend = good

**** imagine rogic + mooy

uftt

• 4 weeks later...

I know some people were mentioning how Mooy is rather poor in the tackle.

According to stats he is the most Effective tackler in tge a-league thus far. And you can tell, he just looks ahead of the pace of the a-league and he reads the pkay so well.

Just had a habbit commiting a few proffessional fouls.

• 2 weeks later...

agreed. if mooy isn't going to be played alongside those other guys on the bench then did holger bother taking them? was it just to shut up his critics about not having enough younger players on the squad? cause if he does, then screw him! mooy deserves to be playing with the socceroos along the other guys.

Maybe he was thinking that the games against Guam and Chinese Taipei would be the easiest and best for the rookie Socceroos like Mooy to get a run. The problem now is we need to score about a dozen goals in those 2 games to go through so I worry that Holger will stick with his 'A team' since his goal seems to be short term success over forward thinking.