Aaron Mooy

mack

I think Wagner did a pretty good job to keep them up on the lowest budget in the Premier League with a pretty ordinary squad overall.

From what I've read on the Terriers forum there should be a considerably larger amount of money available to improve the overall quality of the squad.

I think it's a pretty good story anyway for a club that hadn't been at the top level since 1972,  and had  won three successive league titles in the 1920's to be able to stay up at the top level again.

Huddersfield have done well this year given limited resources. If they hadn't started the season well they would have been relegation material. I can't see much more in the way of funding so it wouldn't surprise if they get relegated next year.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Mooy likely wanted to stay in the PL and less likely to renew his contract with Huddersfield (he had 1 year left on contract) if a PL club could get him on a free next season.

This way Huddersfield are able to retain him and if they're promoted again he can play for them next season, or decide to loan/sell him if they're not.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Awesome move. Looks it will be official by the end of the week, looking good for world cup :good:

On paper I'd agree but this is not the same Aaron Mooy who was dominating for Huddersfield and still performing well in his early days at Brighton. He needs to play and not from the bench.