Aaron Mooy

mack

Mariners seem the most likely. Mariners have Caceres as their only creative midfielder right now, and if McGlinchey doesn't come back from his loan they'll desperately need a new creative midfield player.

I don't know if Brisbane could afford him cap-wise.

But somehow Sydney FC Can ..

Mariners seem the most likely. Mariners have Caceres as their only creative midfielder right now, and if McGlinchey doesn't come back from his loan they'll desperately need a new creative midfield player.

I don't know if Brisbane could afford him cap-wise.

Didnt think about that but that means he goes before the end of the window? Surely not?!?!? Know the ccm have the room in the squad, but they don't have room under the cap for him I'd doubt. They had reached the cap with mcglincy and they have ibini who would have taken up most of the remaining cap when mcglincy left?? Meaning he would have got less than what he is getting now!! Also they are playing so rubbish right now but maybe the guarantee of a starting spot each week changes his mind?

I know that he has formed a major part of our squad over the last 1 & 1/2 seasons and yes, it would be sad to see him leave, but for a defensive midfielder with pretensions of being a creative player he never really has hit his straps. I don't believe he has fully responded to Popa's coaching style and tactical systems, and as Gunner said Poljak and La Rocca form a better CDM pairing as it is.

If he goes let it be at the end of the season, unless he gets all sulky like Nichols at the Victory, and someone more useful becomes an option. I wonder if Brillante is locked in at the Jets...

maybe he listened to ATB and couldnt take Speccy's criticism  :ninja: 

I think people are harsh on Mooy though. I refer to his position as a "holding midfielder" rather than a defensive midfielder. in a holding midfield pair there is usually a combative player (Poljak, La Rocca), and a deep lying creative player (mooy, trifiro) Although poljak and la rocca have shown their distributive qualities, I would still rate Mooy as having a slightly better passing game and it would be sad to see him go :( 

Interesting piece of news coming out from the wanderers camp. They haven't heard anything from mooy so was it just his manager just leaking information to the media? Or was it newcastle trying to force the wanderers hand?

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1178416/Spiranovic-serves-notice-of-intent

:: The Wanderers have denied unsubstantiated reports that midfielder Aaron Mooy handed in a transfer request on the eve of the derby and that Newcastle Jets is after him.

"It's the first time I've head of this and I can tell you it is just not true," chief executive John Tsatsimas said.

Mooy wants 90 every week. Maybe thats it?

Honestly, based on last 3-4 games, he didn't even deserve to start. has been very poor last few games, or maybe im just expecting more from him.

Don't think he will be leaving. I don't see Popa releasing him before end of season, maybe not even then.

Edited by WanderersFC

I know that he has formed a major part of our squad over the last 1 & 1/2 seasons and yes, it would be sad to see him leave, but for a defensive midfielder with pretensions of being a creative player he never really has hit his straps. I don't believe he has fully responded to Popa's coaching style and tactical systems, and as Gunner said Poljak and La Rocca form a better CDM pairing as it is. If he goes let it be at the end of the season, unless he gets all sulky like Nichols at the Victory, and someone more useful becomes an option. I wonder if Brillante is locked in at the Jets...

Problem with Mooy is that he is not direct enough as a player. He stunts a lot of the attack by going sideways too much and not dribbling and shooting enough when there is space in front of him. The shots that he has taken on goal haven't been the best quality either. La Rocca and Poljak are far more direct players and I think it suits our team better.

Despite that criticism I think his interchange passing with other players in the midfield is second to none. A lot of our counter attacks do begin with him and he usually tends to find a player in a good position with his passing. At least we know what we are getting with him. Some good and some bad. But if he does go I don't think it will really have a huge effect on the team.

Can anybody comment on the rumours of a Cahill move (possibly loan) to WSW that i've heard?

https://twitter.com/TonyTannousTRBA/status/421994486948839426

We would have to let someone go to fit him in this season so I don't think so, maybe next season? But that means giving up a valuable contract with New York red bulls which I heard runs for another 2/4 years or so!

I sometime look at Mooy and think he lacks confidence, As Manfred has mentioned he hasn't really shown himself to be the player we thought he would be especially coming back from Socceroo duty. He coped a fair bit of criticism from the crowd around me on Saturday night but at times I think that some Wanderers players are making it hard for him by standing still and not running into space or giving him an easier option?

I like La Rocca and Poljak combination because they are a more solid unit and have more physical strength but like Montalbono has stated Mooy has a better passing game so depending on the team we are playing it's up to Popa to decide who gets a run.

One thing I do hate is when we have a free kick and Mooy runs over the ball and Ono then crosses it in?

Has Mooy ever actually taken the kick when Ono has been on the field?

I'd rather Mooy hang out 20 yard from the middle of the opposition goal and Ono just cross it in with no dummy runs.

At this current time his leaving the club is all speculation so I'm expecting him to be a Wanderers player for a few seasons more.

From the squad development thread

And also Aaron Mooy and his mum were talking to my mates brother and she said he"ll be leaving potentially overseas next season.

Was also thinking that it would be nice if we could tie this guy down to a longer contract so we can get a transfer fee and don't have to let him go for free

From the squad development thread

And also Aaron Mooy and his mum were talking to my mates brother and she said he"ll be leaving potentially overseas next season.

Was also thinking that it would be nice if we could tie this guy down to a longer contract so we can get a transfer fee and don't have to let him go for free
He will need to improve greatly if he is hoping to get an overseas contract next year, he has not benefitted from popa's rotation policy Edited by mark675

I have mixed feelings about Mooy. at his best does a really good job linking the lines and his range of passing provide direct outlets to release bridge, hersi or polenz. When he is not on though he dwells on the ball, dribbles into trouble and can be easily knocked off the ball.

If he engineers a mid season move to a rival, for free and in the midst of a season when we are a good chance for silverware would he become our first hated ex-wanderer?