Aaron Mooy

mack

I get some of the grumpiness and dissing of AM, particularly with his less than stellar effort in the GF and perhaps his diffident manner in dealing with the last few weeks publicly. However for all the negativity let's remember here was a local lad who came back to be part of the foundation squad and whilst he may not have delivered on his promise he did wear the red and black with more honour than some other clubs' players don theirs. I hope he plays well enough for Heart/City except when up against us, and in the long run if he can get over his personal insecurities and become more technically efficient in a role more suited to his talents then perhaps he could be a Socceroo of some experience.

he left for sky bluer pastures, i dont respect that

I get some of the grumpiness and dissing of AM, particularly with his less than stellar effort in the GF and perhaps his diffident manner in dealing with the last few weeks publicly. However for all the negativity let's remember here was a local lad who came back to be part of the foundation squad and whilst he may not have delivered on his promise he did wear the red and black with more honour than some other clubs' players don theirs. I hope he plays well enough for Heart/City except when up against us, and in the long run if he can get over his personal insecurities and become more technically efficient in a role more suited to his talents then perhaps he could be a Socceroo of some experience.

I agree, everyone who has put in a shift the last two years has performed so much better than other clubs even though I guess every player has experienced some sort slump or inconsistencies in performance. I really hope that mooy excels as a player and socceroo in the future, but I hope his insistence that he plays CAM doesn't hurt him as bresciano is a perfect example of a player willing to alter his game for a chance to put on the green and gold jersey.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

According to club site, MOOY had the most completed passes last season

Mooy - 1278

NTS - 1113

D'apuzzo - 920

Poljak - 887

La Rocca - 843

1000 touch Mooy Did better than everybody thought lol

With Nikolai 'Boom Boom' Topor-Stanley only 160 below him, playing in a formation that was moving away from second man/long balls, AM's stats aren't that exciting.

Plus you can complete all the passes in the world and still not win anything (hello Gombau)

• 2 months later...

I never understood the Mooy-hate when he was here, now he's gone and ILR and Mateo have had their worst (in my opinion) successive games ever, I wish he was still here. We are missing the quality distribution out of the centre of the park and even missing the calm head (100-touch Mooy?) holding the ball and waiting for options. I lost count, watching the derby replay last night, of how many poor balls out of midfield from ILR and Mateo resulted in lost possession, but I'm certain it was close to 40%.

Contrast that with Aaron's first two games at Citeh. Well, he's doing a fine job - even to the point of making Murdocca look OK.

I never understood the Mooy-hate when he was here, now he's gone and ILR and Mateo have had their worst (in my opinion) successive games ever, I wish he was still here. We are missing the quality distribution out of the centre of the park and even missing the calm head (100-touch Mooy?) holding the ball and waiting for options. I lost count, watching the derby replay last night, of how many poor balls out of midfield from ILR and Mateo resulted in lost possession, but I'm certain it was close to 40%.

Contrast that with Aaron's first two games at Citeh. Well, he's doing a fine job - even to the point of making Murdocca look OK.

I agree with this, even stated in post match derby thread

No one can just hold the ball, and start making plays properly

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mooy would have stayed if popa offered him more money, I got no problem with him celebrating, not like he has spent years and years at WSW, not was he a WSW legend, we all complained about him when he was with WSW didn't we?

No problems with him celebrating at all.

I think if he had the respect of the club, coach and fans he wouldn't have celebrated, however being in Mooy's shoes I can completely understand. When Mooy left our club, the fans were frustrated that week after week he wasn't fulfiliing his potential and the coach didn't believe he was worth the money that he was asking. Does anyone remember how he played in the GF, his mind was already on Melbourne then...

Maybe he was doing it to show he is happy where he is or maybe he wasn't happy with the way that he was frozen out of the side after he didn't sign a new contract. I can definitely say that had he left on better terms or things didn't fall apart so badly it might have been a different story. Can you imagine someone like Shinji doing that?

lol i actually dont think many people agree with me on this, while he did help us a lot and was an amazing player he would be no where without us

well he was playing in the Scottish first division which is arguably a better competition than ours - so you could say he's actually gone backwards due to us :lol:

i meant he would be no where in terms of no one would have heard about him and he would have no chance to play for the socceroos, his caps are because of us