Mateo Poljak

mack

i dont think he was missed too much against Perth but im looking forward to having him back in against the Mariners.

We need our A-team, keep up the good work!

He was definitely missed. When he is in the team he allows Aaron Mooy to get free and get into more attacking positions.

He does all the dirty work that others dont want to do. I noticed how many times Aaron Mooy tracked back into a more deeper position

than he really likes. Very important player.

i dont think he was missed too much against Perth but im looking forward to having him back in against the Mariners.

We need our A-team, keep up the good work!

He was definitely missed. When he is in the team he allows Aaron Mooy to get free and get into more attacking positions.

He does all the dirty work that others dont want to do. I noticed how many times Aaron Mooy tracked back into a more deeper position

than he really likes. Very important player.

Without a doubt, he doesn't get enough credit.

Saw the guy before the game yesterday (he was in a suit so i knew he wasnt playing)

Spoke to him for about 5 or so minutes .. spoke about his life here and life back home in croatia, he loves it here and is happy to stay for another season.

Overall a great guy!

Anyone see him after the game, as all the other players had walked away, he stood there singing and clapping along too "come on you wanderers"... And then even as he was walking off he was still clapping along the whole way.

I think if he weren't playing he'd be smack bang in the middle of 56 our Mateo. Legend. Played a great game too. 

• 2 weeks later...

He got hit in the face by the ball and yet he recovered quite well, this man is a legend and is welcome to stay in the #WanderersFamily as long as he wants!

The replay looked nasty. full credit to him. What a champ

• 2 weeks later...

All i can say about this guy is watch him at the end of our games..

Seriously, he's the guy that doesn't wanna leave the field, he's always one of the last ones to leave the field, he wants to take in everything that the RBB & the Wanderers fans give him!!]

I love this guy :)

Agreed he is the player of the year for me too.

You can also tell he loves the club and its fans. So mug enthusiasm. Especially when he was waving the giant flag post match at Newcastle :)

my favourite. his names on my jersey. unfortunately he'll probably leave after the next season or two but he has been immense in midfield 

The way he's going he'll get a much bigger club. The A League wont be able to afford him

First picked in my a-league all stars side. Best holding midfielder in the comp.

Same. He's our Vinnie Grella

• 2 weeks later...

Poljak giving out some praise for the RBB. 
"The 23-year-old Croatian has played in the intimidating venues of his nation's biggest clubs, Dinamo Zagreb and Hajduk Split, but says the noise, colour and tension created by the Wanderers faithful outranks that of the Balkan giants."

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/a-league/fans-fire-star-whos-been-around-the-bloc-20130414-2httn.html#ixzz2QVMRpufm

Huge credit right there.

He is consistently the player who gives the most attention to the crowd/RBB on game days, and even today at the training session he was the player who stayed to applaud the crowd for 30 seconds longer than everyone else... Honestly he'd be in the RBB if he weren't playing I think... My favourite player now for sure...

Think he deserves a chant... He'd probably go off if he heard it... If anyone can think of a tune/words it'd be worth it.

He is consistently the player who gives the most attention to the crowd/RBB on game days, and even today at the training session he was the player who stayed to applaud the crowd for 30 seconds longer than everyone else... Honestly he'd be in the RBB if he weren't playing I think... My favourite player now for sure...

Think he deserves a chant... He'd probably go off if he heard it... If anyone can think of a tune/words it'd be worth it.

Not just that he can play, wouldnt be surpised if a few European clubs look at picking him up.