Mateo Poljak

mack

I just heard a that Haliti and Poljak have signed with the Jets!!!

Nows theres a rumour for you

I believe it once I see it announced on the WSW web site - or if Taurus says so.

Not bad ey!!!!;)

From the media release:

Poljak thanked the Club and the fans for their support over the past three seasons.

“First of all I’d like to say an enormous thank you to all the Wanderers family, to the staff, club and fans,†said Poljak.

“If it wasn’t for the Wanderers I wouldn’t have come to Australia. Coming to Australia, playing for the Wanderers changed my life in such a positive way. Playing for the Wanderers is the biggest thing that has happened in my career.

“This Club will always have a special place in my heart and I have nothing but gratitude for the unbelievable memories I take away with me.â€

My favourite foundation player, lots of people understated Mateo's contribution to our success, our heart in our engine room. Yes, I shed a tear and realise that football is really a business but what a passionate, humble person he is, I loved the end of game meet and greet, he always was so accommodating to the fans and was always the first player to start the party after a win.

A foundation player who will always be in our hearts no matter what colours he wears from now on, forever a legend, forever a Wanderer.

PS I will miss that cheeky grin

I hope his new teammates are more wary than our boys were when hoofing the ball out of defense. The amount of times poor Mateo copped a ball clearance straight in the face over the last 3 years was ridiculous

I hope his new teammates are more wary than our boys were when hoofing the ball out of defense. The amount of times poor Mateo copped a ball clearance straight in the face over the last 3 years was ridiculous

he has Mullen there for that
  • 4 months later...