Tarek Elrich

Date Of Birth: 01/01/87
Nation: Australia
Birthplace: Auburn, New South Wales
Squad Number: 21
Position: Right Fullback
Secondary Positions: Central Defender

Joined Wanderers: 25/06/12
Contract Details: 1 year initial contract. Returned 2018/19 on 2 year contract. Left club 24/1/2020.
Contract Finish: 2019/20
Previous Club: Adelaide United
Wanderers Debut: 12th October 2012 vs Adelaide United

Wanderers A-League Appearances: 43
Wanderers A-League Goals: 2

Wanderers ACL Appearances: 0
Wanderers ACL Goals: 0

Wanderers FFA Cup Appearances: 7
Wanderers FFA Cup Goals: 0

Wanderers Club World Cup Appearances: 0
Wanderers Club World Cup Goals: 0

Wanderers Total Appearances: 50
Wanderers Total Goals: 2

Yearly Appearances & Goals: 2012/13: 11 (0), 2018/19: 31 (2), 2019/20: 8 (0)-

International Team: Australia
International Caps: 3
International Goals: 0

Individual Awards:

Team Honours: A-League Premiership Winner (2012/13).

Highlight: Scored his first goal for the Wanderers against the Central Coast Mariners in Round 18 of the 2018/19 A-League season.
Highlight: Played in every A-League game for the Wanderers in season 2018/19.
Highlight:

Description: Tarek Elrich was one of the first players to sign for the Wanderers in their inaugural season. After a lack of game time saw he moved to Adelaide & spent 5 years there along with earning 3 caps for Australia. He returned to the Wanderers for season 2018/19, joining the small group of Wanderers players to have return to the club after having left. Due to injuries to other players, Elrich played a large part of the 2018/19 season in an unfamiliar central defensive role. He played a handful of games in the 2019/20 season before leaving the club in the January transfer window.

View full record

• 4 weeks later...

Tahj came on for the last 15 / 20 minutes at Newcastle and absolutely ripped it up.

He then played the 1st half as a right sided midfielder against Bankstown Lions when Dino was rested and has not been sighted on the park since.

He's definately an ace up Popa's sleeve.

Tahj came on for the last 15 / 20 minutes at Newcastle and absolutely ripped it up.

He then played the 1st half as a right sided midfielder against Bankstown Lions when Dino was rested and has not been sighted on the park since.

He's definately an ace up Popa's sleeve.

So he's fit and playing well?

Strange he wasnt around v Adelaide then.

Well if theres ever a time to pull the ace out of the sleeve its this weekend.

Im just wondering why Popa has been starting Tarek?

You mean 'hasn't' i assume?

Good question though. Most in his position are playing well generally. Even so, i would bring him in for D'appuzo

yeah i mean 'hasn't' (stupid samsung tablet)

Should be starting, when he came on against those fairy boys, sydney fc, he created 4 chances from crosses, ripped 3 of their players and got heavily involved. He's one of the fastest blokes in the A-League. Hopefully popa starts him soon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

dont know if its true or not but there were some rumours about tarek and popa having a falling out?

Interesting. I wouldn't be surprised as he's really gone off the radar.

yer he coaches at Australasian football academy and my mate there asked him and thats what he said. tbh im not that fussed as theres definitely players ahead of him

• 1 month later...

Anyone else surprised by the lack of game time Elrich has been getting? With Polenz being suspended, I think its time to give him a go.

I can see Haliti or Elrich getting a look in. For me Haliti has been a nice surprise this year. Has done well when he has come on.

Cole will probably get the nod ahead of Elrich at right back. If anything Elrich will start on the bench against Adelaide.

There is also the possibility that La Rocca could start at RB, but I'd prefer to see Elrich