Adam D'Apuzzo

mack

When travelling to Melbourne for the big away trip last year, my buddy and I were going through security/scanner section in Sydney with our wanderers scarves on. The last security guy spotted them and started talking to us telling us he was D'Apuzzo's uncle. We humoured him, but it really sounded like he was embellishing the story - perhaps he was legit, but it seemed strange he referred to his nephew simply as "D'Apuzzo"...

Cole is a defensive liability. So maybe we could go with Spira at left back for a couple of weeks. Has more pace than TS, which would be handy.

Give Heffernan a go. He has the ability to push forward similar to how Polenz does on the right. We could be so much more dangerous attacking from both sides of the field. He is also a much better defender than Cole.

Cole is a defensive liability. So maybe we could go with Spira at left back for a couple of weeks. Has more pace than TS, which would be handy.

Give Heffernan a go. He has the ability to push forward similar to how Polenz does on the right. We could be so much more dangerous attacking from both sides of the field. He is also a much better defender than Cole.

True. Forgot about Heffernan as a definite option at lb

There was one moment last night when D'Apuzzo got turned and I thought it was on like the game against the Nix. but he recovered nicely. All up the biggest problem is that neither he nor Bridge are working well together unlike last season. We all (and quite rightly) rave on about Polenz and Hersi but Bridge & D'Apuzzo had some excellent combo work last season. So far this go round I'm not seeing the same clicking. Perhaps Heffernan to be given a shot in the Heart game...

Did a decent job last night, Adam. He concerned me before the match as the Heartless have some real speedsters (anyone else see the foot race between Shannon and Aziz or Adam and Gol Gol? Hilarious mismatches both) but he acquitted himself admirably.

I must have been watching a different game. He lost everything in the air, got turned numerous times by Mehbrahtu, and displayed atrocious positioning at times. Like the guy, but he's looking more and more like Carney. 

Did a decent job last night, Adam. He concerned me before the match as the Heartless have some real speedsters (anyone else see the foot race between Shannon and Aziz or Adam and Gol Gol? Hilarious mismatches both) but he acquitted himself admirably.

I must have been watching a different game. He lost everything in the air, got turned numerous times by Mehbrahtu, and displayed atrocious positioning at times. Like the guy, but he's looking more and more like Carney. 

x2 

he needs to either become an asset in attack which can excuse, to a degree, some poor defending or become solid at the back and just forget about adding much going forward (similar to last season).

we cant be sure if its a directive from popa or not to try and push forward but he needs to be smarter about doing it

Are you sure you didn't watch last years game? He was hopeless. Did not do 1 thing right. If there is one position we lack a decent player in, it is LB. 

I haven't watched the replay yet, but I don't recall Heartless getting in behind our left back too often. Certainly no threatening crosses from there. Again, I am happy to return here after watching it sans-emotion, but on first view I thought he did a decent job dulling their penetration down the right.

I haven't watched the replay yet, but I don't recall Heartless getting in behind our left back too often. Certainly no threatening crosses from there. Again, I am happy to return here after watching it sans-emotion, but on first view I thought he did a decent job dulling their penetration down the right.

Actually there was plenty of movement down our left flank in attack coming from AD with both Santa and Bridgey, and D'Apuzzo got the assist for Shannon's goal. However the key issue is his defence, and it's pretty fair to look at his work and wonder what is missing this season, or what has malfunctioned.

Just saying, some of the criticism towards D'Appuzo has been very harsh. I'll be the first to admit he hasn't quite reached the levels of last year except for 1 or 2 games. But he hasn't been nearly as bad as some are saying. Been caught a bit which he has to cut out or he'll lose his place for sure. But those are relatively rare occasions. His cross to create the goal was fantastic, and he's done some other decent stuff that no-one seems able to see. Not to mention, it's hard to compare him to Polenz when Polenz should have been sent off twice. D'apuzzo however hasn't resorted to those crappy, reckless challenges that everyone else seems to be starting to favour.

I'm not saying he's not the weak point in our back line, but let's start noticing the good stuff as well yeah?

Just saying, some of the criticism towards D'Appuzo has been very harsh. I'll be the first to admit he hasn't quite reached the levels of last year except for 1 or 2 games. But he hasn't been nearly as bad as some are saying. Been caught a bit which he has to cut out or he'll lose his place for sure. But those are relatively rare occasions. His cross to create the goal was fantastic, and he's done some other decent stuff that no-one seems able to see. Not to mention, it's hard to compare him to Polenz when Polenz should have been sent off twice. D'apuzzo however hasn't resorted to those crappy, reckless challenges that everyone else seems to be starting to favour. I'm not saying he's not the weak point in our back line, but let's start noticing the good stuff as well yeah?

He just does enough to try to put a his opponent off, but you can see he is really struggling. Polenz despite those challenges always looks comfortable defending. He's our Marc Warren (just not as bad s him).

I usually call a spade a spade a lot of the time. Should just be more diplomatic maybe lol. Look..I don't want to shatter the guys confidence (I hope he doesn't read this). He's still a Wanderer in the end.  He's not as bad as Marc Warren, but he is a left back and he is the weak link in our team (hence the Warren analogy).

I hope he proves me wrong this week end in Saturday night. But my heart always seems to go in my mouth during games when the opposition attack us down our left hand side. That's the last thing I'll say on this.

I think it was Von Rankhe who said that the proper job of a historian is to tell relay events as they actually happened. Sentiment should never come into consideration.

D'Appuzo is an average player come bad. Let's at least be honest about it.

**** me...first TSB comes in with a reference to Tantric Football then Zola returns service with a stunning riposte thanks to Von Rankhe. Loving the erudition of the folk here...now if someone can juxtapose Nietzsche's theory of the Ubermensch in relation to the performance of Polenz over the last season and a bit then I say give us all a University of Western Sydney Wanderers postgraduate degree and be done with it.

PS...Zola...I prefer the Thucydidean paradigm as laid out in his history of The Peloponnessian War

Wow way too far Montalbano, i really hope D'Apuzzo doesn't read these comments you would have just absolutely shattered his confidence there.

or, he does read it, it fires him up, has an awesome season, wins the man of the match in the grand final and thanks Montalbano for inspiring him to be better.

Or fires him up, awesome game does post match match interview, curses out Montalbano and the haters throws up the West hand sign and comes over to the lead the WDWSF.

Edited by Malone

Wow way too far Montalbano, i really hope D'Apuzzo doesn't read these comments you would have just absolutely shattered his confidence there.

or, he does read it, it fires him up, has an awesome season, wins the man of the match in the grand final and thanks Montalbano for inspiring him to be better.

Or fires him up, awesome game does post match match interview, curses out Montalbano and the haters throws up the West hand sign and comes over to the lead the WDWSF.

either would be awesome.

I think it was Von Rankhe who said that the proper job of a historian is to tell relay events as they actually happened. Sentiment should never come into consideration.

**** me...first TSB comes in with a reference to Tantric Football then Zola returns service with a stunning riposte thanks to Von Rankhe. Loving the erudition of the folk here...now if someone can juxtapose Nietzsche's theory of the Ubermensch in relation to the performance of Polenz over the last season and a bit then I say give us all a University of Western Sydney Wanderers postgraduate degree and be done with it.

PS...Zola...I prefer the Thucydidean paradigm as laid out in his history of The Peloponnessian War

My Thucydides is hazy; is his history exclusively concerned with political affairs?  

I like waffles