Jerrad Tyson

Date Of Birth: 21/09/89
Nation: Australia
Birthplace: Hobart, Tasmania
Squad Number: 20
Position: Goalkeeper
Secondary Positions:

Joined Wanderers: 01/08/12
Contract Details: 1 year initial contract. Signed 1 year extension on 15/5/13. Rejoined WSW 19/5/2016 on 1 year contract. Signed 1 year extension 8/5/2017.
Contract Finish: 2017/18
Previous Club: Perth Glory
Wanderers Debut: 22nd February 2014 vs Perth Glory

Wanderers A-League Appearances: 7
Wanderers A-League Goals: 0

Wanderers ACL Appearances: 3
Wanderers ACL Goals: 0

Wanderers FFA Cup Appearances: 0
Wanderers FFA Cup Goals: 0

Wanderers Club World Cup Appearances: 0
Wanderers Club World Cup Goals: 0

Wanderers Total Appearances: 10
Wanderers Total Goals: 0

Yearly Appearances & Goals: 2012/13: 0 (0). 2013/14: 3 (0). 2016/17: 7 (0). 2017/18: 0 (0)

International Team: Australia
International Caps: 0
International Goals: 0

Individual Awards:

Team Honours: A-League Premiership Winner (2012/13).

Highlight: Tyson made his debut by keeping a clean sheet against Perth Glory, and followed with another clean sheet in his Asian Champions League debut against Guizhou Renhe.
Highlight:
Highlight:

Description: Ex-Gold Coast United keeper who moved to the Wanderers as a backup to Ante Covic. Tyson impressed the club enough to earn a second season. After his release in 2014, he moved to Hong Kong and then to Perth Glory, before making a surprise return to the Wanderers in 2016, earning himself a 1 year contract extension. Season 2017/18 was plagued by injuries and the inability to unseat Vedran Janjetovic from the starting lineup, and Tyson left the club at the end of the season.

View full record

• 2 weeks later...

He'll be constently looking over his shoulder all season, hoping that he can do enough to maintain his role as our No.2 custodian.

Our first choice youth team keeper will be applying heaps of pressure on him by the end of season 2012 / 2013.

needs to learn to be not be so flat footed!!

Newcastle was a case in point.

Parra FC was another instance of Tyson being caught flat footed although the deflected goal was eventually ruled out through a fortunate offside decision.

Just my opinion but I see many custodians of equal or better ability playing park football, week in week out.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love this guy, hasnt played a minute all year and yet you can see how passionate he is and how much he loves club

i think he is one of my favourite wanderers players just because of this seems like a really nice guy, didnt like some of the questions they asked him today but he handled it well

The guy's a legend. If we've cemented a position in the ladder before our final game is played he should definitely be allowed a start. The RBB would go mental if he did.

I'm waiting for Covic to get red carded. Can you imagine? Biggest cheer for a keeper being sent off ever! 

is there anything in the rules which says we cant play 2 keepers at the same time? :D

Both as goalkeepers? Pretty sure FIFA thought of that one.

Playing Tyson out on the field to give him a run on the other hand...