Jerome Polenz

mack

Jerome has also got attention for himself and the Wanderers back in Deutschland with a good story on the web site for his old Bundesliga club, Werder Bremen:

Australisches Fußballmärchen mit Ex-Werderaner Jerome Polenz

Basically the article talks about how JP took a risk coming to join a new club (i.e. the Wanderers) and the progress of the team is like a fairy tale with Polenz now not just an A-League football champion he now has a chance for double victory with a GF win. JP also talks about not missing the cold and snow back home and has had visits from family and friends, and how in the break after the end of the season he's looking to see more of Australia and South East Asia. He also won't abandon his new A-League career playing against and with the likes of Ono, Heskey and ADP so quickly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In case anyone missed this video of Jerome down at the Woolie..

And how good does Mel look in that red dress? :good: :good: :good:

cue RBB on the north end of the table thursday nights?

"oooooooooooohhhhhhhh Polenz sink a ball! Polenz sink a ball! polenz sink a ball! polenz sink a ballllllll,"

I don't know how much of that Australian citizenship comment was tongue in cheek but if he is considering it that would be awesome for us and potentially for the Socceroos.

"oooooooooooohhhhhhhh Polenz sink a ball! Polenz sink a ball! polenz sink a ball! polenz sink a ballllllll,"

Knowing our record with this he'll somehow sink the black and white at the same time and lose instantly.

Knowing our record with this he'll somehow sink the black and white at the same time and lose instantly.

Brilliant haha

• 3 months later...

(And lo, like David Carney emerging from the Uzbek wilderness, Manfred lurches out of the shadows and starts to find his blood warming up thanks to the nearing end of the off-season plus a meeting with Unser Super-Uber-Meister-Unglaublich-Profi Jerome Polenz....)

531851_10201494158538852_713283091_na.jp

Before recounting my moment in the radiated football wisdom of JP, let me say that it gladdens one heart to know that he was pivotal in helping Santa deliver some prezzies out at Seven Hills...

Must say it was a moment to make one want a dozen Dortmunder's with a Kartoffelschnapps chaser or three after getting him to sign my Alemannia shirt...methinks he and his missus were taken aback than anyone would even know how the current leaders in their Regionalliga were and that the shirt I brought for him to sign was from the season after he left...still, ein bisschen Deutsch between us and it was another magic moment only the Wanderers faithful can understand.

Now...who's up for a feed at the Hubertus Club after the Penrith trial....

(And lo, like David Carney emerging from the Uzbek wilderness, Manfred lurches out of the shadows and starts to find his blood warming up thanks to the nearing end of the off-season plus a meeting with Unser Super-Uber-Meister-Unglaublich-Profi Jerome Polenz....)

531851_10201494158538852_713283091_na.jp

Before recounting my moment in the radiated football wisdom of JP, let me say that it gladdens one heart to know that he was pivotal in helping Santa deliver some prezzies out at Seven Hills...

Must say it was a moment to make one want a dozen Dortmunder's with a Kartoffelschnapps chaser or three after getting him to sign my Alemannia shirt...methinks he and his missus were taken aback than anyone would even know how the current leaders in their Regionalliga were and that the shirt I brought for him to sign was from the season after he left...still, ein bisschen Deutsch between us and it was another magic moment only the Wanderers faithful can understand.

Now...who's up for a feed at the Hubertus Club after the Penrith trial....

Maaaaaaaanfred :D

• 1 month later...

Must say yesterday I had the biggest Jerome man-liebe session, and Frau Schaefer was with me to see the legend of Alemannia/FC Union score his first ever profi goal...so proud of him. I am still seething at the farknuckles at Fox Football not even giving him a point in their so-called Man of the Match, when in my (okay biased) view he was our best on field and hence should've been collector of all 3 points. And the manner in which he and Hersi combine...seriously, is there any better pairing in the A-League?

Hats off Jerome...legende!

And the manner in which he and Hersi combine...seriously, is there any better pairing in the A-League?

No and long may it continue and rub off on the other side so we have more than one option in attack.

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a JP6 headband.

I have recently found myself falling head over heels for this man, and would like to show my support for him.

Any help would be appreciated.

ich liebe dich Jerome Polenz. (I don't speak German, I just know how to use google translate)

I have recently found myself falling head over heels for this man, and would like to show my support for him.

ich liebe dich Jerome Polenz. (I don't speak German, I just know how to use google translate)

I think its home made

I think its home made

Think Dougie made them for him right?

His crossing was atrociously bad on Sunday. It's something he really needs to get right.

What a load of scheisse...first off he had two meaningful crosses, the first at around the 20 minute mark that just was in front of Mark Bridge, who was not at his best the entire game, and then at the 70 minute mark which was spot perfect and was commended by the commentators on the Foxtel's coverage. Also it was Jerome's ball to Santa that got him a more than decent shout for a penalty, he put in a last man tackle that whilst earned him a yellow card certainly ended a strong Phoenix attack; all this on top of a goal, two deflected shots and running the whole 90 minutes plus injury time and that's all you have to add to the discussion.

I might be biased (**** it, I am) but give yourself an uppercut...Polenz was everything a couple of the other guys weren't last night, and if that is the extent of your insight may I kindly suggest you find a more compatible sport to provide your thoughts on (may I suggest pocket billards).

His crossing was atrociously bad on Sunday. It's something he really needs to get right.

What a load of scheisse...first off he had two meaningful crosses, the first at around the 20 minute mark that just was in front of Mark Bridge, who was not at his best the entire game, and then at the 70 minute mark which was spot perfect and was commended by the commentators on the Foxtel's coverage. Also it was Jerome's ball to Santa that got him a more than decent shout for a penalty, he put in a last man tackle that whilst earned him a yellow card certainly ended a strong Phoenix attack; all this on top of a goal, two deflected shots and running the whole 90 minutes plus injury time and that's all you have to add to the discussion.

I might be biased (**** it, I am) but give yourself an uppercut...Polenz was everything a couple of the other guys weren't last night, and if that is the extent of your insight may I kindly suggest you find a more compatible sport to provide your thoughts on (may I suggest pocket billards).

a little bias? you didn't even give polenz the goal of the round on your blog  :nono: how is that bias?

is pocket billiards a single player game?

a little bias? you didn't even give polenz the goal of the round on your blog  :nono: how is that bias?

is pocket billiards a single player game?

For certain people, yes.

And as much as I would love to say Jerome's was the best goal of the even I can't spread the man liebe that far...and that work by Franjic against the smurfs to help Broich put the ball in the net was pretty bloody good.

His crossing was atrociously bad. This is not something that needs further "insight."

I'm not going to give myself an uppercut. I suggest you re-think your posting approach.