Jerome Polenz

mack

This is a quality interview by the WSW Brotherhood page.

Makes me feel nostalgic, he says he will stay in Aus so there is always a chance to see him in red and black again

https://www.facebook.com/WSWBrotherhood/posts/473510642831469:0

That's pretty awesome.

Good to know that Popa wanted to keep him but the wage demands couldn't be met.

Makes me feel nostalgic, he says he will stay in Aus so there is always a chance to see him in red and black againhttps://www.facebook.com/WSWBrotherhood/posts/473510642831469:0

That's pretty awesome.

With Popa wanting to keep him, and Jerome planning to become a citizen of Australia, it gives me great hope that one day he can once again don the red and black hoops!

Makes me feel nostalgic, he says he will stay in Aus so there is always a chance to see him in red and black again

That's pretty awesome.

Sigh...ich liebe dich Jerome. Bitte komm zuruck hier....

531851_10201494158538852_713283091_na.jp

Wanderer74, on 24 Jul 2015 - 9:29 PM, said:

Thanks for posting this interview.... so many great insights and interesting details of his life.

My favourite parts (FWIW) .....not necessarily football related..

"After the Wanderers I had a short stint in Norway where I played for Sarpsborg 08 but I didn’t enjoy it. Australia spoiled me with its warmth and happiness, whereas the Norwegian weather and culture were just too cold for me. I left Norway in November and joined Brisbane Roar in January where I really enjoy my life again. Svenja and I share a house with Thomas Broich and his partner Helena and we have a really good time together. Life is funny isn’t it?"  

“JP: Ah yeah, I always need to do something. Just relaxing and lying in the bed is nothing for me. At the moment we are renovating the house and besides that I am really into gardening. I enjoy being around the plants and caring for them, seeing them grow and at the end getting the harvest. It’s calming and I really love it. Svenja already complains that I spend more time with my plants than with her "

“JP: I am very grateful and happy to have played for you guys. You took the best ingredients of all leagues in the world and brought it to Parramatta. You created many goosebumps for us players and this is why Wanderland and the people of Western Sydney will be always special to me.â€

Wanderer74, on 24 Jul 2015 - 9:29 PM, said:

Makes me feel nostalgic, he says he will stay in Aus so there is always a chance to see him in red and black againhttps://www.facebook.com/WSWBrotherhood/posts/473510642831469:0

Thanks for posting this interview.... so many great insights and interesting details of his life.

My favourite parts (FWIW) .....not necessarily football related..

"After the Wanderers I had a short stint in Norway where I played for Sarpsborg 08 but I didn’t enjoy it. Australia spoiled me with its warmth and happiness, whereas the Norwegian weather and culture were just too cold for me. I left Norway in November and joined Brisbane Roar in January where I really enjoy my life again. Svenja and I share a house with Thomas Broich and his partner Helena and we have a really good time together. Life is funny isn’t it?"  

“JP: Ah yeah, I always need to do something. Just relaxing and lying in the bed is nothing for me. At the moment we are renovating the house and besides that I am really into gardening. I enjoy being around the plants and caring for them, seeing them grow and at the end getting the harvest. It’s calming and I really love it. Svenja already complains that I spend more time with my plants than with her wink emoticonâ€

“JP: I am very grateful and happy to have played for you guys. You took the best ingredients of all leagues in the world and brought it to Parramatta. You created many goosebumps for us players and this is why Wanderland and the people of Western Sydney will be always special to me.â€

Such a simple guy. Hearing how he broke into the school next door and spent thousands of hours on the same pitch was just brilliant.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Read that earlier today.

Sadly Jerome is a victim of the 'I left the Wanderers & things have gone downhill' syndrome. Best seen in fellow sufferers Hersi, Minnecon, Gibbes, Tyson, Haliti, La Rocca, etc.

It would be intriguing to see why it has come to this, and postulate how things may have worked out if he had stayed. In the later case I'd think he was anywhere near his fitness & skills from his stint here he would fit in nicely with out more transition based system. He and Castelen together could've been better than good

• 1 month later...

2_Twitter.png

Great news for Jerome and Svenja. It's a shame they couldn't have stayed down here and become real 'Wessies', and it's disappointing for Jerome that he's not able to find a place within the Roar's line-up. However it's wonderful to know that they've decided to commit to this country, and maybe he will have a longer role in football than most other imports.

Naturalised? You mean he wouldn't take a foreigner spot???

You know you want to come back Jerome. Don't you???

That's a very interesting point. As far as I understand it as he has Permanent Residency he is still not an Australian citizen, which would then (I assume) not change his status as a Visa player. Maybe I should ask my Frau with her experience in the same scenario, plus as an immigration agent to see what the full story is.

Might be nice to have him back as a non-Visa player for our 2017 ACL campaign 

He's not a citizen so hes still a foreign player. He needs to have been in Australia for 4 years including 1 year as a permanent resident.

Next year will be the end of his 4th year I believe..

Will that mean we can sign him for S5 as a non-foreign player?

Remember he had time at Sarpesborg in Norway, which may mean he has only 4 non-consecutive years. That could be a prob if he wants to follow the non-Visa pathway in the A-League 

Definitely have to ask the boss re the immigration issues

He's not a citizen so hes still a foreign player. He needs to have been in Australia for 4 years including 1 year as a permanent resident.

Next year will be the end of his 4th year I believe..

Will that mean we can sign him for S5 as a non-foreign player?

WHOAH WHOAH!  We're saving this discussion for Poljak.

• 6 months later...

Been on the outer since Aloisi came into the club. 

With his recently acquired residency status (and that of his Frau) as well as his DFB coaching certificate I wonder if he might look at either staying up in Brisbane, getting a playing/coaching role with a FFQ team...or, depending on his personal situation look to move to Sydney or Melbourne (larger market, more options).

Sadly I can't see him ever making his way back to Wanderland in a playing role, though I'd be willing to see him try out against Nifty Nev for that RB role (better crosser, more skilled with the ball). He may even qualify now as a local with his residency status.