Youth League General Discussion

mack

• 11 months later...

I've just gone through the fixtures, I think if there is going to be a big push for everyone to show up at a Youth game, it's probably going to be Round 3 because we have a Heart away match that weekend.

The FFA have scheduled two Youth/Womens double header matches. The problem? The first is the same day as our 1st Newcastle away match, and the second is the day after our 2nd Newcastle away match.

• 1 month later...

So apparently the #NYLSydneyDerby is later today.

Looking at the Social Media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) from Western Sydney Wanderers AND Sydney FC, you certainly wouldn't know it! 

It's very disappointing that not even ONE mention has been made by either club, that their seasons even start today!!!

These kids are the future stars of the A-League, and potentially future Socceroos too.

It's not good enough at all, and I hope that the clubs & Social Media persons lift their game.

So apparently the #NYLSydneyDerby is later today.

Looking at the Social Media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) from Western Sydney Wanderers AND Sydney FC, you certainly wouldn't know it! 

It's very disappointing that not even ONE mention has been made by either club, that their seasons even start today!!!

These kids are the future stars of the A-League, and potentially future Socceroos too.

It's not good enough at all, and I hope that the clubs & Social Media persons lift their game.

24hour live scores has the match listed but no updates as well.I'll post up final score when they update after the game.
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Probably a bit late to do a mass organisation of everyone, but it would be cool if we could get as many RBB Wanderers fans, as possible to the youth league derby

FTFY.

Yeah that's what I meant, as many people as possible so we can have an RBB there to cheer on the guys.

If that makes sense lol

• 3 weeks later...

Because it's a youth league. It's meant to work with the full A-League. There's no point playing youth league matches with no A-League matches to prepare for.

The youth league sides will probably have some friendlies during the break.

Wouldn't surprise me if the HAL squad end up having one or two either.

Because it's a youth league. It's meant to work with the full A-League. There's no point playing youth league matches with no A-League matches to prepare for.

that makes no sense to me. wouldn't it be better preparation for the a league players to be playing in the youth league while the a league is suspended?

that makes no sense to me. wouldn't it be better preparation for the a league players to be playing in the youth league while the a league is suspended?

The competition rules don't allow for more than a small number of overage players.

Clubs who want to maintain fitness/tactics with matches will just organise friendlies that anyone can play in.

The competition rules don't allow for more than a small number of overage players.

Clubs who want to maintain fitness/tactics with matches will just organise friendlies that anyone can play in.

Can I play in them?

Can I play in them?

cmon.gif

• mack unpinned this topic