Youth League General Discussion

mack

4 hours ago, MartinTyler said:

For those who do decide to make the trip, will they be charged normal A League entry prices or allowed in free?

Here's what have got from the Club

Bus to Newcastle is FREE but you have to register.

Bus leaves from Club HW (Rooty Hill) at 10.30am.

FFA have NOT released ticket prices.

• 7 months later...

Interesting that Cordier is listed as ours. So the listed players are Cordier, Monge, Pufflett, Tass, Tokich and Roberts.

Taurus said elsewhere he signed an u23 contract for a BL2 club plus we have 2 on standby.

Read elsewhere that Suman is not rated. Can't see Russell getting in with Atkinson. Past Wanderers Najjarine and Najjar both selected.

Watched the u13’s just now at king Tom 

esfc won 1 nil 

Wsw had more possession could do little with it, to be honest both teams were kind of underwhelming 

if those kids are the best 13s in Sydney then doesn’t fill me with a lot of hope for the future 

esfc had an African kid marashallibg the backline the only standout on the field 

• 1 month later...

https://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/video/academy-spotlight-noah-pagden-thomas-aquilina-and-daniel-wilmering

Love seeing videos like this, makes me proud of the club to know we are doing it right when it comes to our youth academy.

Also great to see the youth teams doing well and the club bringing that young talent into the first team, instead of recycling HAL players that have had 3 or 4 clubs under their belt in the HAL. Good to give the youngsters a go i reckon

Disappointing though that Scott could not break through as a regular for the first team as he reminded me of a young Harry Kane a few years back when scoring 2 or 3 per game in the NYL but heres to hoping he still has a bright future with us at the club as you never know he could come good under MB

This year's NYL squad

Western Sydney Wanderers Foxtel Y-League 2018/19 squad:
Goalkeepers: 
Elliot Carwardine, Jack Greenwood
Defenders: Adrian Valenti, Bailey Rule*, Daniel Wilmering, Mathieu Cordier, Mohamed Al-Taay, Noah Pagden, Thomas Aquilina, Mark Natta
Midfielders: Andreas Agamemnonos, Fabian Monge, Lochlan Constable, Rory Jordan*, Samuel Silvera
Forwards: Jacob Vasiliou*, Jake Trew, Jarrod Carluccio*, Marley Peterson, Oliver Puflett, Oliver Wiggin

*Academy pool players

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Not a bad rap from his NYL/NPL2 gaffer

VPtlDWfm_bigger.jpgArthur Diles @ArthurDiles
FollowingFollowing @ArthurDiles
More

Arthur Diles Retweeted WS Wanderers FC

Extremely proud to see Fabi earn this prestigious award! Seeing him work hard daily without any fuss and constantly raising the bar for his team-mates to follow is a privilege. Keep working hard Fabi and the rewards will follow. Bravo! #WSW

Arthur Diles added,

D6fx8bKV4AEuDI5.jpg
WS Wanderers FCVerified account @wswanderersfc
A big congratulations to Fabian Monge who was named the Foxtel Y-League Player of the Year at last night's Dolan Warren Awards: http://wsw.football/2w5BgwZ  #WSW
2:11 PM - 14 May 2019
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

It was Sam Silvera, he is my coach. He told me he wasn't allowed to go so he left the club or something and got a trial with the Mariners. He must of made it! Good on him.

Why would our club let one of the players they have developed and nurtured trial at another A-League club?

Especially when it's the Mariners who have stolen Western Sydney talent for years. 

This whole issue talks to the issue of squad restrictions and the need for an expanded Youth League or a B-league where clubs can loan their youth players 

9 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Why would our club let one of the players they have developed and nurtured trial at another A-League club?

Especially when it's the Mariners who have stolen Western Sydney talent for years. 

This whole issue talks to the issue of squad restrictions and the need for an expanded Youth League or a B-league where clubs can loan their youth players 

He told me the club didn't want to let him go so he just left the club himself.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Taurus said:

Knockouts involving regional squads have usually been conducted at VSP during school holidays.

CCM may see it as an opportunity to poach some young talent from other clubs

Their always theiving from Western Sydney.

• mack unpinned this topic