Labinot Haliti

mack

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Labinot Haliti leads trio of Wanderers players seeking to leave Western Sydney: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/western-sydney-wanderers/labinot-haliti-leads-trio-of-wanderers-players-seeking-to-leave-western-sydney-20141126-11uloh.html

Apparently looking for more game time ... Hmmm ... I've always thought of him as a bit of a super-sub as he always seemed to have done his best work off the bench.

I'd be a bit sorry to see Labi go, but am also excited by the opportunity of signing someone new and talented ... Timmy Cahill, anyone?

I'd be sorry to see him go too but probably the right time if he moves in the January transfer window as there will be plenty of games in the New Year to give the likes of Sotirio a good run and also any incoming players. I wonder who the others are? Kubi? Trifiro? probably time for them to move on too but for different reasons !!

Listen I love Haliti and will always be thankful for THAT goal in the rain at CCM, one of the goal we will always remember. But I also find him ***** frustrating, especially so when he starts games.

I would welcome him staying with us but at the same time if we wanted to leave then good luck to him, might be a good time for him to try something new and for WS.

• 6 months later...

How good would it be if Labi gets 15 goals this season. He has missed so many tap ins, hopefully with a bit of luck and form he can get on a roll.

We won't have the volume of games that require mass rotation with only 1 game a week. With this being the case, I can't see Labi getting any sort of run of games together that will allow him to hit some form. He is going to need to take the one or two opportunities he'll get presented during the season & force Popa to pick him over bridge, Castelen, Sotirio & Santa.

How this guy managed to avoid the cut is beyond me, he was WAY beyond the level required, very selfish at times too....

He's still under contract, that's how. Unless he has a stellar year he'll be gone by the end of next season I'd say. Might be the same for Santalab and Cole depending on their seasons.

• 4 weeks later...

Going to miss this guy too, he was synonymous for everything WSW stood for just like MP, but not as much as a central figure on the field or with the fans as Mateo :(

That goal he scored in front of us at Gosford won't be forgotten & just another one of those amazing moments so many former WSW have given us fans over the past few years!

I feel for Labi. 

His goal scoring abilities deserted him after he gave his season 13/14 pair of white boots, to a poor kid playing football with his mates, in a Parramatta park one day. The orange boots Nike gave him for 14/15 season just didn't work the same.

Thanks for the memories it's been an amazing journey i will never forget it #wsw #rbb pic.twitter.com/d9HzhxvV3j

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Newcastle Jets winger Labinot Haliti's A-League season is over after he sustained an anterior cruciate ligament injury.

Source: AAP 21 OCT 2015 - 1:10 PM UPDATED 34 MINS AGO

Haliti limped off the field with a knee injury during the first half of Newcastle's 1-0 loss to Sydney FC at Hunter Stadium on Saturday, with the injury later deemed to be more severe than first thought.

"Very disappointed for Labi, he'll be out indefinitely until the end of the season," coach Scott Miller confirmed on Wednesday.