Motorsports Thread

Never the most naturally talented driver but he made up for it in hard work and attention to detail.

In an era where having sponsorship money behind you is more likely to land you a F1 seat than talent and ability.

Just shows how high regard that Webber was held in by the F1 community.

Still, 2010 remains a bitter taste, if he wins that year and gets one before Vettel, who knows how many more he could've won

not a great few seconds for jack there(get your minds out of the gutter) :P

Yeah I missed it all, but read about it when I got home. :nono:

it was not great i was watching and just saw miller plunging down the order so i knew he crashed and then about 2 or 3 minutes later Rossi was down, its like supporting 2 drivers in one race and needing a yellow to help them and a yellow came out because they ran into each other(has happened to me before)

Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel has been given a ten-second time penalty for driving ‘dangerously or erratically’ while defending fourth place from Red Bull’s Daniel Ricciardo in the closing stages of Sunday’s Formula 1 Gran Premio de Mexico 2016.

It means Vettel drops from third to fifth in the final classification, with Ricciardo moving up to third and Red Bull team mate Max Verstappen - who earlier had five seconds added to his race time for going off track and gaining an advantage whilst battling the four-time champion - to fourth.

Vettel is a flog, 
self entitled prick that is more than willing to give it to everyone but unable to cop it.

I thought Verstappen was hard done by, Hamilton did the exact same thing on the first lap.
Sure Verstappen gained more of an advantage from it than Hamilton because Rosberg went wide on lap 1 behind him, but that's not Verstappens fault that he gained more of an advantage on Vettel then Hamilton on Rosberg.

Ricciardo is probably the most inform driver on the grid at the moment, much like Alonso in his Ferrari days.
He's getting the best out of the car that is clearly not the best.  Hopefully new 2017 regulations will push Red Bull back up to the top but at the same time I don't wan't them to dominate, I'm so over Mercedes 1-2 finishes.

and also goat I would be all up in going to the sydney 500 but I have to work that weekend  :drats:

• 1 month later...

Well Pascal Wehrlein is next in line in at Mercedes to progress to the main team.
However it may be a bit to early for him to be at the top of the field, he could do what Perez did at McLaren and progress to a main team too early and fail.

The problem is that everyone at the top are still in contracts until the end of next season, so unless Mercedes want to pay big money to get Ricciardo, Verstappen, Vettel, Alonso etc.. they need to wait until 2018.

Button or Massa could return for one more year, Button is still contracted to McLaren as a reserve driver though.

Really depends on how good Mercedes are going to be next year with the new regulations

Well Pascal Wehrlein is next in line in at Mercedes to progress to the main team.

However it may be a bit to early for him to be at the top of the field, he could do what Perez did at McLaren and progress to a main team too early and fail.

The problem is that everyone at the top are still in contracts until the end of next season, so unless Mercedes want to pay big money to get Ricciardo, Verstappen, Vettel, Alonso etc.. they need to wait until 2018.

Button or Massa could return for one more year, Button is still contracted to McLaren as a reserve driver though.

Really depends on how good Mercedes are going to be next year with the new regulations

Possibly Bottas? Managed by Wolff and merc supply engines so maybe a deal could be struck?

i hear paul morris is being approached by them

Paul Morris hahahahahahahahaha  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Bottas could be a possibility, it could be anyone, I hope that Mercedes take their time and drag this out for a few weeks just for the rumours to spread like wildfire.
Raikkonen could be a safe option, experienced, happy to be #2 and collect big money, and can pull out a pole position lap on his day, just do enough to keep Hamilton on his toes.

I don't think that Ricciardo or Verstappen would be tempted to leave, all reports are that the Red Bull is going to be quick next year with more aerodynamic based regulations.

I think that Alonso would've been on the phone already to his agent to get the seat.

Paul Morris hahahahahahahahaha :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bottas could be a possibility, it could be anyone, I hope that Mercedes take their time and drag this out for a few weeks just for the rumours to spread like wildfire.

Raikkonen could be a safe option, experienced, happy to be #2 and collect big money, and can pull out a pole position lap on his day, just do enough to keep Hamilton on his toes.

I don't think that Ricciardo or Verstappen would be tempted to leave, all reports are that the Red Bull is going to be quick next year with more aerodynamic based regulations.

I think that Alonso would've been on the phone already to his agent to get the seat.

I don't think Ferrari will let Raikkonen go. He is the perfect #2 and doesnt cause drama, letting Vettel be team leader and buys Ferrari that bridging year to 2018 where other desirable drivers are off contract.

Letting him go would cause them more issues than solve i think.

Is Alonso contracted to McLaren next year?

It's a dangerous game moving when the new regulations are coming

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so Bottas to go to Mercedes and Massa to drive for Williams next year

Such a boring result, 

I got my hopes up for Alonso to take the Mercedes seat

Would have loved for Alonso to get the gig, it would really throw a cat amongst the pigeons. It seems that his contract is pretty tight and what would McLaren gain from losing their Spanish bull

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...