Motorsports Thread

At Bathurst, camping for the first time.

I now truely understand why this place is so great, it's something that you can't explain through TV, you need to actually see the track to understand it, elevation change and how tight it is in certain parts.

Goat when I get home I'll watch the videos, taking too long to load on my phone 

Edited by Nnnnnathan12
  • 2 weeks later...
On 19/09/2017 at 9:16 AM, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

for those who know bathurst a lot which looks more true to the circuit?

or

Sorry for the lat reply, I don't read through the forums as much as I used to...

The first thing that I noticed about bathurst when I first got there was the sheer size of the place, and when my brother and I walked the track at night time with a few drinks the main thing you notice is how steep the hills actually are,.
TV doesnt do the place any justice, the elevation change at Mount Panorama is insane, and you will never truely understand why the place is so important until you actually visit it.

Project Cars is a better, accurate representation of the track in my opinion.  It highlights the elevation change a lot more, especially after Brock's skyline and the Dipper and also the blind corners.
When drivers talk about blind corners at Bathurst and not being able to see what's around the corner, at Bathurst, you literally cannot see what is around the corner. Such is the elevation change and the closeness of the concrete barrier
The graphics in Gran Turismo are better, however outside of the track and the surroundings in Project Cars 2 are more accurate.
Also Gran Turismo has proper sponsorship on the barriers and signs, but that doesn't mean much,

Project Cars 2 looks a lot more like the circuit

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

danny has a 3 place grid pen..........**** off

Melbourne has not been kind to him. Hoping he goes okay though......you never know...The Red Bull still does not have the power of the Mercs ..podium.....maybe. Verstappen seems to be the Red Bull pet these days, similar to what happened to Webber ( with Vettel ) when he was there.

I reckon next year he ( Ricciardo ) will drive for Mercedes.

Edited by sonar
7 minutes ago, sonar said:

Melbourne has not been kind to him. Hoping he goes okay though......you never know...The Red Bull still does not have the power of the Mercs ..podium.....maybe. Verstappen seems to be the Red Bull pet these days, similar to what happened to Webber ( with Vettel ) when he was there.

I reckon next year he ( Ricciardo ) will drive for Mercedes.

melbourne was not kind to webber either, **** off melbourne :P

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

bathurst 6 hour just started a second ago on fox sports

Drove to bathurst and back today, mainly out of curiosity to see what the 6 hour is like and because who doesn't knock back the opportunity to watch race cars around Mount Panorama!!

Good race, went down to the wire.  Completely different vibe to the 1000 and the 12 hour.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

we are about to see your Avatar Nnnnnathan12 ******* love Danny Max you are an idiot

Watched the Chines GP and Ricciardo was amazing. Fantastic overtaking....great win.

Verstappen is a dangerous driver....just does not do things safely....he is going to cause major crashes with the way he races...someone needs to give a smack across the chops and tell him to wake up. He will kill someone with the way he drives.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
7 hours ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

from red bull to Renault.......interesting

A bit surprised by this. He would want to hope Renault get their act together regarding their engines and chassis otherwise he will be mid pack. He is a way better driver than that. Wait and see....lol

5 hours ago, sonar said:

A bit surprised by this. He would want to hope Renault get their act together regarding their engines and chassis otherwise he will be mid pack. He is a way better driver than that. Wait and see....lol

they are the 4th best team right now but the gap between them and the bulls is huge, i have a feeling this could be like hamilton to merc.........or alonso to mclaren.....dont think there is going to be an inbetween :P i wonder who will replace danny

40 minutes ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

they are the 4th best team right now but the gap between them and the bulls is huge, i have a feeling this could be like hamilton to merc.........or alonso to mclaren.....dont think there is going to be an inbetween :P i wonder who will replace danny

Yep. I doubt he would of gone without some assurances about what they had in mind going forward. Red Bull will most probably go with one of the Torro Rosso drivers. I wonder if Crashstappen was getting preferential treatment..Ricciardo's car seems to be the one that always has problems.

Edited by sonar
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...