Motorsports Thread

ok super late comment lol,

went to the Moto GP for the first time last October at Phillip Island - I love Bathurst/Mt Panorama, but Phillip Island is hands down the best track in Australia !!!

I don't think there is a bad viewing spot at the track, just a phenomenal track !!!

although when the Moto 2's sound way better than the Moto GP, there's an issue that's not being discussed... they weren't bad but just not as high pitched/screamy like the Moto 2.

The Moto-E demonstration, that competition will not last, the wind sounds louder than those electrical bikes.... waste of money & time....

Marquez V Lorenzo on the same bike in 2019... if Lorenzo gets the settings right, Honda will clean up everything ... but Marquez will be impossible to beat... he could genuinely win 10 Moto GP titles... absolutely insane.....

1 hour ago, Sime11 said:

ok super late comment lol,

went to the Moto GP for the first time last October at Phillip Island - I love Bathurst/Mt Panorama, but Phillip Island is hands down the best track in Australia !!!

I don't think there is a bad viewing spot at the track, just a phenomenal track !!!

although when the Moto 2's sound way better than the Moto GP, there's an issue that's not being discussed... they weren't bad but just not as high pitched/screamy like the Moto 2.

The Moto-E demonstration, that competition will not last, the wind sounds louder than those electrical bikes.... waste of money & time....

Marquez V Lorenzo on the same bike in 2019... if Lorenzo gets the settings right, Honda will clean up everything ... but Marquez will be impossible to beat... he could genuinely win 10 Moto GP titles... absolutely insane.....

would love to go to that one day but you cant say phillip island is better than mount panorama i will not allow for such heresy :P

mount panorama has the bathurst 6 hour on sunday i cant wait to watch that, i am much more exicted for formula one than i have been for a very long time and formula e is great to watch

21 minutes ago, Swarth said:

.... i am much more exicted for formula one than i have been for a very long time and formula e is great to watch

Some interesting things coming from Renault for the upcoming season........

https://www.news.com.au/sport/motorsport/formula-one/formula-1-renault-is-shaking-things-up-for-the-2019-season/news-story/038827f2d085eee0c88e7485091a8e3a

4 minutes ago, sonar said:

i can see Renault actually having an amazing year or a year that is a complete disaster, cant imagine anything in between

53 minutes ago, Swarth said:

i can see Renault actually having an amazing year or a year that is a complete disaster, cant imagine anything in between

They're building a complete new engine....apparently looking really good in dyno testing.......

https://au.motorsport.com/f1/news/renault-2019-all-new-engine/3196863/

Renault has found 'a lot of kilowatts' for 2019 F1 engine - McLaren

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/140742/renault-has-found-a-lot-for-2019--mclaren

On 31/01/2019 at 7:13 PM, sonar said:

They're building a complete new engine....apparently looking really good in dyno testing.......

https://au.motorsport.com/f1/news/renault-2019-all-new-engine/3196863/

Renault has found 'a lot of kilowatts' for 2019 F1 engine - McLaren

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/140742/renault-has-found-a-lot-for-2019--mclaren

cant wait to see what it does

on bathurst 12 hour, that was a hell of a race

• 1 month later...

Still trying to figure out what Ferrari were thinking at the end of the race.

Not a huge fan of the team orders although Leclerc seems to be ok with it all so I kinda get why they didn't want him racing Seb and trying to pass in the last few laps. What I don't get is why they didn't pit him for fresh tyres and take a run a fastest lap. They lose 23s in a pit stop and he finished 29s ahead of Magnussen so why not go for it? Mercedes had already told Bottas they weren't going to pit him, Hamilton was still racing Verstappen so neither of them were pitting and Gasly was right on the back of Kvyat racing for a point so he wasn't stopping. Nobody else had a quick enough car to go for it.

The fastest lap was a mid 1:25 and Leclerc did a high 1:26 on the last lap with the hard tyre. In qualifying he was doing 1:23's on the medium so even if he was putting on an old set he would have got it comfortably, taking an extra point and taking a point off Mercedes in the constructors championship.

8 hours ago, Davo said:

Still trying to figure out what Ferrari were thinking at the end of the race.

Not a huge fan of the team orders although Leclerc seems to be ok with it all so I kinda get why they didn't want him racing Seb and trying to pass in the last few laps. What I don't get is why they didn't pit him for fresh tyres and take a run a fastest lap. They lose 23s in a pit stop and he finished 29s ahead of Magnussen so why not go for it? Mercedes had already told Bottas they weren't going to pit him, Hamilton was still racing Verstappen so neither of them were pitting and Gasly was right on the back of Kvyat racing for a point so he wasn't stopping. Nobody else had a quick enough car to go for it.

The fastest lap was a mid 1:25 and Leclerc did a high 1:26 on the last lap with the hard tyre. In qualifying he was doing 1:23's on the medium so even if he was putting on an old set he would have got it comfortably, taking an extra point and taking a point off Mercedes in the constructors championship.

simply put they should have let them race, i mean if its late into the season and vettel is fighting for the championship and Leclerc isnt then that makes sense but other than that i dont get it, shame for Daniel too kinda unlucky

• 1 month later...

"If you’re driving at 300km/h and have a wheel-to-wheel fight then brutality is part of it. I do not know if that’s in the female nature."

Red Bull’s chief adviser Helmut Marko has insisted that Formula One “maybe too difficult” for women to compete in alongside men.

.......i never liked helmut

Just now, Neverbloom said:

"If you’re driving at 300km/h and have a wheel-to-wheel fight then brutality is part of it. I do not know if that’s in the female nature."

Red Bull’s chief adviser Helmut Marko has insisted that Formula One “maybe too difficult” for women to compete in alongside men.
.......i never liked helmut

That's a pretty naive statement.

If they can compete in every other form of motorsport and match it, why not F1?

3 minutes ago, Carns said:

That's a pretty naive statement.

If they can compete in every other form of motorsport and match it, why not F1?

well being honest there are no women at the moment who can really compete at the top of formula one but i agree, i would say nascar and v8 supercars while dont experience the same levels of g force in v8 supercars(not sure about nascar i think they go faster than formula one cars) are more brutal than formula one in many ways honestly helmut marko has always been a tool :P

8 minutes ago, Neverbloom said:

well being honest there are no women at the moment who can really compete at the top of formula one but i agree, i would say nascar and v8 supercars while dont experience the same levels of g force in v8 supercars(not sure about nascar i think they go faster than formula one cars) honestly helmut marko has always been a tool :P

If women can go into space (large G forces involved) and thrive (there are predictions women will become the dominant sex as astronauts because they are better suited in some respects) or fly fighter jets, than they can drive F1.

He's just making excuses for women not being given the opportunity. And I would also state that women should only be brought in on merit because they're a better driver, not to fill a quota.

1 hour ago, Carns said:

If women can go into space (large G forces involved) and thrive (there are predictions women will become the dominant sex as astronauts because they are better suited in some respects) or fly fighter jets, than they can drive F1.

He's just making excuses for women not being given the opportunity. And I would also state that women should only be brought in on merit because they're a better driver, not to fill a quota.

agreed

........if anyone is watching the formula one race.........i love you danny but what the **** was that? how can you manage to reverse into him? :P

• 1 month later...

vettel's penalty was complete bullshit, great race apart from that, happy for Daniel, i do love how he switched the 1st and 2nd place things around which was childish but funny as hell but then asked people to not boo lewis even though he deserved it, respect him a lot after that

• 1 month later...

Rich Energy CEO Storey attacks own company’s Haas statement as “ludicrous”

The whole thing from start to finish is mental. There are questions over whether they actually sell energy drinks as nobody's ever seen them or been able to buy them, they got sued by a bicycle company for stealing their logo (with the court ruling that they were deliberately misleading and falsified evidence) and now their CEO and major shareholders are arguing with each other on the same twitter account.

Right from the beginning pretty much everyone said that they looked dodgy and Haas were going to regret it. Apparently the approached Williams first and got a pretty solid "yeah nah".

It gets better.

Rich Energy said they terminated the contract but Haas denied it and here's their "proof" that Haas is not telling the truth. Yet if you actually read the letter it says that Rich attempted to terminate the agreement based on car performance, even though performance wasn't in the contract, so Haas said it's not a termination but a breach and they're totally ok with them breaching their contract provided pay out the whole 35 million pounds or they'll get sued.

I personally wouldn't have tweeted that...

8 hours ago, Davo said:

It gets better.

Rich Energy said they terminated the contract but Haas denied it and here's their "proof" that Haas is not telling the truth. Yet if you actually read the letter it says that Rich attempted to terminate the agreement based on car performance, even though performance wasn't in the contract, so Haas said it's not a termination but a breach and they're totally ok with them breaching their contract provided pay out the whole 35 million pounds or they'll get sued.

I personally wouldn't have tweeted that...

lol rich energy are nuts

on the british GP, that was such an great race, best race of the season imo though i do feel sorry for bottas

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome race. The only thing I didn't like was Kubica ending up with a point after the Alfa Romeo's got penalised. I've got nothing against Kubica but that one point will probably mean he'll finish ahead of Russell in the championship even though Russell has been dominating him all season.

Also I did enjoy how Mercedes had their worst race of the season and they were all standing around thinking their retro outfits just make them look dumb now. I guess it went well with their 1950's style pitstop for Hamilton that took nearly a minute.

13 hours ago, Davo said:

Awesome race. The only thing I didn't like was Kubica ending up with a point after the Alfa Romeo's got penalised. I've got nothing against Kubica but that one point will probably mean he'll finish ahead of Russell in the championship even though Russell has been dominating him all season.

Also I did enjoy how Mercedes had their worst race of the season and they were all standing around thinking their retro outfits just make them look dumb now. I guess it went well with their 1950's style pitstop for Hamilton that took nearly a minute.

i agree sadly kubica really didnt deserve a point, if only daniel or lando's cars didnt decide to explode then he wouldnt have gotten that point either but it was still such a good race imagine if every formula one race was that exciting

• 2 weeks later...

i have decided i want to watch more moto gp, i was watching moto gp 2 just then and remy gardner falls over in the middle of the circuit and for a few seconds is sitting in the middle of the circuit with other riders passing by at full speed, i was ******* scared there because i was expecting the worst

35 minutes ago, Neverbloom said:

i have decided i want to watch more moto gp, i was watching moto gp 2 just then and remy gardner falls over in the middle of the circuit and for a few seconds is sitting in the middle of the circuit with other riders passing by at full speed, i was ******* scared there because i was expecting the worst

His father Wayne, hit a guy who had come off his bike (Uncini) , in his debut 500 GP back in the 80’s 

6 minutes ago, JackDoff said:

His father Wayne, hit a guy who had come off his bike (Uncini) , in his debut 500 GP back in the 80’s 

i just googled it to make sure it wasnt fatal and then watched it......just wow i feel bad for Wayne he kinda just decided to run head first into his bike, i mean i understand his reaction he was just trying to get off the circuit as soon as possible which makes sense, glad the guy recovered i am surprised that kinda thing does not happen more often i remember the crash with marco simoncelli that was hard to watch and sadly came the same week in which dan wheldon was killed, very sad week for motorsport