Jump to content
Neverbloom

Motorsports Thread

Recommended Posts

ok super late comment lol,

went to the Moto GP for the first time last October at Phillip Island - I love Bathurst/Mt Panorama, but Phillip Island is hands down the best track in Australia !!!

I don't think there is a bad viewing spot at the track, just a phenomenal track !!!

although when the Moto 2's sound way better than the Moto GP, there's an issue that's not being discussed... they weren't bad but just not as high pitched/screamy like the Moto 2.

The Moto-E demonstration, that competition will not last, the wind sounds louder than those electrical bikes.... waste of money & time....

Marquez V Lorenzo on the same bike in 2019... if Lorenzo gets the settings right, Honda will clean up everything ... but Marquez will be impossible to beat... he could genuinely win 10 Moto GP titles... absolutely insane.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

1 hour ago, Sime11 said:

ok super late comment lol,

went to the Moto GP for the first time last October at Phillip Island - I love Bathurst/Mt Panorama, but Phillip Island is hands down the best track in Australia !!!

I don't think there is a bad viewing spot at the track, just a phenomenal track !!!

although when the Moto 2's sound way better than the Moto GP, there's an issue that's not being discussed... they weren't bad but just not as high pitched/screamy like the Moto 2.

The Moto-E demonstration, that competition will not last, the wind sounds louder than those electrical bikes.... waste of money & time....

Marquez V Lorenzo on the same bike in 2019... if Lorenzo gets the settings right, Honda will clean up everything ... but Marquez will be impossible to beat... he could genuinely win 10 Moto GP titles... absolutely insane.....

would love to go to that one day but you cant say phillip island is better than mount panorama i will not allow for such heresy :P

 

mount panorama has the bathurst 6 hour on sunday i cant wait to watch that, i am much more exicted for formula one than i have been for a very long time and formula e is great to watch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Swarth said:

.... i am much more exicted for formula one than i have been for a very long time and formula e is great to watch

Some interesting things coming from Renault for the upcoming season........

https://www.news.com.au/sport/motorsport/formula-one/formula-1-renault-is-shaking-things-up-for-the-2019-season/news-story/038827f2d085eee0c88e7485091a8e3a

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sonar said:

i can see Renault actually having an amazing year or a year that is a complete disaster, cant imagine anything in between

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Swarth said:

i can see Renault actually having an amazing year or a year that is a complete disaster, cant imagine anything in between

They're building a complete new engine....apparently looking really good in dyno testing.......

https://au.motorsport.com/f1/news/renault-2019-all-new-engine/3196863/

Renault has found 'a lot of kilowatts' for 2019 F1 engine - McLaren

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/140742/renault-has-found-a-lot-for-2019--mclaren

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/01/2019 at 7:13 PM, sonar said:

They're building a complete new engine....apparently looking really good in dyno testing.......

https://au.motorsport.com/f1/news/renault-2019-all-new-engine/3196863/

Renault has found 'a lot of kilowatts' for 2019 F1 engine - McLaren

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/140742/renault-has-found-a-lot-for-2019--mclaren

 

cant wait to see what it does

 

on bathurst 12 hour, that was a hell of a race

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Davo said:

 

RIP it was something i didnt expect, that said i didnt know much about him but still sad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

qualifying is so intense i am so excited for this season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Daniel 12th, going to be a challenging year for him but he is up for the challenge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still trying to figure out what Ferrari were thinking at the end of the race.

Not a huge fan of the team orders although Leclerc seems to be ok with it all so I kinda get why they didn't want him racing Seb and trying to pass in the last few laps. What I don't get is why they didn't pit him for fresh tyres and take a run a fastest lap. They lose 23s in a pit stop and he finished 29s ahead of Magnussen so why not go for it? Mercedes had already told Bottas they weren't going to pit him, Hamilton was still racing Verstappen so neither of them were pitting and Gasly was right on the back of Kvyat racing for a point so he wasn't stopping. Nobody else had a quick enough car to go for it.

The fastest lap was a mid 1:25 and Leclerc did a high 1:26 on the last lap with the hard tyre. In qualifying he was doing 1:23's on the medium so even if he was putting on an old set he would have got it comfortably, taking an extra point and taking a point off Mercedes in the constructors championship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Davo said:

Still trying to figure out what Ferrari were thinking at the end of the race.

Not a huge fan of the team orders although Leclerc seems to be ok with it all so I kinda get why they didn't want him racing Seb and trying to pass in the last few laps. What I don't get is why they didn't pit him for fresh tyres and take a run a fastest lap. They lose 23s in a pit stop and he finished 29s ahead of Magnussen so why not go for it? Mercedes had already told Bottas they weren't going to pit him, Hamilton was still racing Verstappen so neither of them were pitting and Gasly was right on the back of Kvyat racing for a point so he wasn't stopping. Nobody else had a quick enough car to go for it.

The fastest lap was a mid 1:25 and Leclerc did a high 1:26 on the last lap with the hard tyre. In qualifying he was doing 1:23's on the medium so even if he was putting on an old set he would have got it comfortably, taking an extra point and taking a point off Mercedes in the constructors championship.

simply put they should have let them race, i mean if its late into the season and vettel is fighting for the championship and Leclerc isnt then that makes sense but other than that i dont get it, shame for Daniel too kinda unlucky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×