Motorsports Thread

I've been to Olympic Park race a couple of times and it's a top event.

I always get the trackside ticket where you can walk around the whole track.

Get to turn 1 about 30 minutes before the race start to get an okay spot and watch about 25 5 litre V8 engine cars fly straight towards you is something special.

Wear a hat and lot of sunscreen, take heaps of water, not much shade and it can be a killer of a day if it's hot.

Around where the P1 parking is a top spot if it's hot because that's where there's shade.

Also on the Friday be prepared for lots of school groups on excursion, they're harmless but just freaken school kids everywhere lol

thank you for the advice and i been to school, school kids are not harmless :P

What happened to Lowndes? 2nd last atm?? Field's too small , will be better in a few years when coupes etc will join them

His gear shifter broke

Bit of a non-event so far. It's on in front of me, but unless reading posts on this forum has sucked me in, the race is a bit bland

Just waiting for someone to make a mistake and bring out the safety car, Whincup/Dumbrell are just in cruise mode

What a finish.

15 second penalty for what whincup did is pretty ridiculous IMO.

Shouldn't the car that goes off have to "give way" when re entering ?

They should have to give way,

But Whincup was simply trying to redress the position.

Skaife was spot on in the commentary, the redress rules are dumb, when you have a car going slower to allow a car off the track to come in front of them, it's going to cause problems.

His penalty should've been to readress the position, not his fault that Tander decided to try and squeeze through them.

At the end of the day, all 3 drivers played their part in the incident

So what happens with Holden now that production has stopped? What models will race instead of Commodores? I think Ford will be using the Mustangs?

I think their going to redesign the commodore to a front wheel drive 4 cylinder or something like that.

A 6 cylinder turbo that's rear wheel drive would be better

His penalty should've been to readress the position, not his fault that Tander decided to try and squeeze through them.

At the end of the day, all 3 drivers played their part in the incident

tander only got clipped because he had to try and dodge whincup who jumped on the breaks to redress, he knew tander was behind him and tander does not have to slow down, he had alright to try and over take whincup, both whincup and mclaughlin were at fault tander was an innocent bystander, mclaughlin went and appoligise to HRT team stragiht away and whincup did not he deserved the penalty and more.

IMO

whincup- thought the move was on it wasnt and force scott off the road, then slams on the breaks to try and redress, but tander being right up his ass he should have either moved off the racing line or waited to redress

Tander- incoccent, tried to go around whincup when he hit the breaks and then got clipped by scott

scott-taken of the track by whincup then angrly tried to rejoin, should have given way to tander but even then he only clipped tander because tander was forced to try and over take whincup when he hit the breaks.

what you learn from this and bathurst every year for the last several years is whincup is a complete piece of ****, interview him and all he does is defend his decision blame someone esle and then fight the decision after the race, scott first thing he does is goes and apologize to tander and then when interviewed admitted he was completly at fault for hsi part in the accident and will cope the -25 championship points on the chin.

seriously feel so sorry for tander was in a good place to go on and take it and make it two from 3 for the enduro cup, rember he has also jsut been dropped so winning bathurst and sandown another team would have picked him up in a heartbeat, im not saying they wont know but it would have looked that much better 

What a finish.

15 second penalty for what whincup did is pretty ridiculous IMO.

Shouldn't the car that goes off have to "give way" when re entering ?
They should have to give way,

But Whincup was simply trying to redress the position.

Skaife was spot on in the commentary, the redress rules are dumb, when you have a car going slower to allow a car off the track to come in front of them, it's going to cause problems.

Kelly got a 10 sec penalty earlier for nudging someone off. Precedence had been set. The situation Whincup caused wasn't fixed, and the penalty isn't for the secondary accident, but Whincup nudging Scott off.

If Scott had've been beached then the same penalty would have applied.

Yeah, Skaife was correct in that the rule opens people up to this issue, but that issue wouldn't have happened if 88 didn't go in too hot, lock and slide into 33. Without that decision this whole debacle is avoided and the three cars battle on

This is the latest from the stewards. Crazy that the girls got fined $5k for not participating in the transporter parade

http://www.supercars.com/news/championship/stewards-summary-supercheap-auto-bathurst-1000-2/?sf38450227=1

Edited by braad

Anyone else watch the "Brock" mini series? The "Energy Polariser" FMD. I'd forgotten all about that lol. The old racing footage was good though.

Nah didn't bother. Figured it would be glorified, seems I wasn't incorrect. James Brock made a statement about its inaccuracies

One of my sporting heroes, well, actually, just life heroes, has announced his retirement. Mark Webber is hanging up the boots after the Bahrain round of the World Endurance Championship. This bloke is an absolute legend, sheer class and epitomises all the good things about the Aussie character.