Motorsports Thread

1 hour ago, MathyouWSW said:

It was brutal to watch.

i agree, had i seen it live i would have worried i saw a fatality, the halo saved a life

he was also very lucky that it was the first lap and the medical car was on the scene in seconds

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Neverbloom said:

Mclaren have unveiled their new car, looks very similar to last years for me but i have zero observation skills

This site has a good side by side comparison. It's hard to tell in the launch photos because they only give away the stuff they can't change (the front wing will be completely different by Round 1).

From what I can see they've gone to the Mercedes style nose and the floor is a little different near the rear wheels. Otherwise it does looks pretty much the same.

On 16/02/2021 at 9:39 AM, Davo said:

This site has a good side by side comparison. It's hard to tell in the launch photos because they only give away the stuff they can't change (the front wing will be completely different by Round 1).

From what I can see they've gone to the Mercedes style nose and the floor is a little different near the rear wheels. Otherwise it does looks pretty much the same.

thank you so much its going to be an interesting season soon(if you ignore hamilton dominating because bottas is trash but i am mostly focused to the mid field)

1 hour ago, Neverbloom said:

i only just found out that bathurst is starting the season

Yep, I'm not sure if they are going to make Gold Coast a night event but that is the last round this season. It was planned to be a supernight event along with Perth and Eastern Creek last season.

On 24/02/2021 at 4:33 PM, MathyouWSW said:

Yep, I'm not sure if they are going to make Gold Coast a night event but that is the last round this season. It was planned to be a supernight event along with Perth and Eastern Creek last season.

would love to see that

On 28/02/2021 at 1:33 PM, JackDoff said:

Love seeing the older cars at Bathurst! 

agreed they just fit there

on another note i feel so sorry for Mick, he is teammates with a sexual harrassing driver punching piece of trash in an "american" team with a Russian livery........plus haas are just **** in general

24 minutes ago, Neverbloom said:

on another note i feel so sorry for Mick, he is teammates with a sexual harrassing driver punching piece of trash in an "american" team with a Russian livery........plus haas are just **** in general

Not sure if Team Haas...or Team Russia:
image.jpg

1 minute ago, MathyouWSW said:

Not sure if Team Haas...or Team Russia:
image.jpg

rumour hazard that there is an american flag there somewhere............just not sure where because its so small :P

ACTUALLY I JUST FOUND IT ITS JUST BELOW THE S IN HAAS, I DONT KNOW HOW I MISSED IT BECAUSE ITS SO BIG

seriously though i actually like the look of the car, i just wish it wasnt pretty much a Russian flag

1 minute ago, Neverbloom said:

rumour hazard that there is an american flag there somewhere............just not sure where because its so small :P

and...it's the wrong way around?

X2uDWh3.png

18 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

and...it's the wrong way around?

X2uDWh3.png

i think that was by choice, they do have mazepin driving for them so i assume they expect to be facing the wrong way around most of the time :P

It's sketchy as hell after the WADA decision. They banned all Russian athletes from competing under the Russian flag, banned them from using things like the two headed eagle symbol they regularly use and banned them from displaying the word "Russia" unless the phrase "neutral athlete" is equally or more prominently displayed. Since F1 is a signatory to WADA they have incorporated the ban into their rules for the next two seasons.

Now we have a car that is basically the Russian flag, sponsored by a Russian company whose colours are normally green and red, and this is all apparently fine. I've also read a few things online from American fans who only follow Haas because they're the American team. The launch happened to suit Russian time so it was 3am in the US and the ones who stayed up got to watch their "American" team launch a car with a Russian flag on it. They're starting to wonder why they bother.

14 hours ago, Davo said:

It's sketchy as hell after the WADA decision. They banned all Russian athletes from competing under the Russian flag, banned them from using things like the two headed eagle symbol they regularly use and banned them from displaying the word "Russia" unless the phrase "neutral athlete" is equally or more prominently displayed. Since F1 is a signatory to WADA they have incorporated the ban into their rules for the next two seasons.

Now we have a car that is basically the Russian flag, sponsored by a Russian company whose colours are normally green and red, and this is all apparently fine. I've also read a few things online from American fans who only follow Haas because they're the American team. The launch happened to suit Russian time so it was 3am in the US and the ones who stayed up got to watch their "American" team launch a car with a Russian flag on it. They're starting to wonder why they bother.

Any minute now, the team will be called either Team Mazepin or Team Haaschinikov

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah just heard. Sad news although 97 is a good run. I’d forget how old that really is until he told anecdotes about pre-war drivers or how his favourite driver was Fangio.

RIP Sabine Schmitz  “Queen of the Nurburgring “ 

:(

check out Top Gear with her driving a van around the ‘ring . Wish I could drive like her! 

46 minutes ago, JackDoff said:

RIP Sabine Schmitz  “Queen of the Nurburgring “ 

:(

check out Top Gear with her driving a van around the ‘ring . Wish I could drive like her! 

Really? She has passed away?????

So sad if true. 

7 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Really? She has passed away?????

So sad if true. 

Unfortunately yes. Cancer . She’d been fighting it for the last 3 years