Interesting Football Stuff.

Benched

Own Goal in Nigeria vs Scotland

Boooooohttp://t.co/XgNqejM24u

There was also reported match fixing from Nigeria before that game as well, if your going to fix a game there's less obvious ways to do that

Didn't think it was the most obvious own goal, know the match fixing was rife but the defender did have to do something as there was a striker/Nigerian player right behind him!

Seriously, I love this, the plane throw that is :)

I'm not sure how serious that twitter post is though.

But as if the guy ever expected the paper plane to do what it did, as can be seen with everyone losing the plot when it hit the guy, I actually thought someone had scored & the plane throw was just perfect timing.

Man, we usually throw our paper planes and they go straight to the floor. This guy must have been an engineer or something :)

The twitter account is a pisstake ;)

Bro, the way the things have been with football in our own backyard & what we do (which is just support our team), I have to take all these things posted seriously :)

Because imagine if one of us in the RBB threw a paper aeroplane and it hit an opposing player in the neck, face or anywhere actually!!

Ban the RBB, Ban WSW supporters, all sections!

Watching the famous " Hand of God " WC game from '86 , n can't believe the linesman didn't flag for offside to start with!!! Lol Forget the obvious hand ball, but he was at least a metre offside as well!!! Lol , oh well , guess it's always good to see the Poms get done one way or another! :P

If anyone is on twitter, I would recommend following Boring James Milner. This parody account is hilarious

I haven't been able to look at James Milner the same way since I found it. Quality stuff

On a sidenote, these are awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbu_KLZlCIU 

Edited by Stevo99
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this constitutes an interesting nugget of football info, however when traveling through West Kemspey cam e across this pub:

10455769_10203799531851744_5015298716591

This is the second country pub I've seen which has a sponsorship deal with a local football club (the other being in Manilla north of Tamworth). It's certainly encouraging to see a part of the world where league particularly has a big pull having also an interest in our preferred game.

• 5 weeks later...

apparently the transfer money real Madrid payed for Ronaldo, bale and rodriguez combined is more transfer money that ajax have payed total since their inception.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2701491/Real-Madrids-new-226million-line-attacking-midfield-worth-Ajaxs-183m-transfer-fees-entire-history.html

Real Madrid's new £226million line-up in attacking midfield is worth more than Ajax's £183m of transfer fees in their entire history!
  • £86m Gareth Bale, Â£80m Cristiano Ronaldo and Â£60m James Rodriguez make up the expensively-assembled trio behind the striker
  • The famous Dutch side have spent £43m less in their 114-year history
  • Real own three of the five most expensive players of all-time
  • Barcelona's most expensive trio of Neymar (£71m), Luis Suarez (£75m) and Lionel Messi don't come close due to the latter's academy upbringing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...