Interesting Football Stuff.

Benched

I found some interesting stuff about some certain clubs the other night. 

- Ecuadorian club C.D El Nacional will only sign players from Ecuador.
- Mexican club C.D Guadalajara is the only Mexican club that will not allow foreigners to play for the club.
- South Korean club Sangju Sangmu FC have players that are made up of young South Koreans footballers who are serving their compulsory two-year military duty. Due to this, Sangmu are not allowed to sign any foreign players due to the military status.

Edited by MathyouWSW
3 hours ago, MathyouWSW said:

I found some interesting stuff about some certain clubs the other night. 

- Ecuadorian club C.D El Nacional will only sign players from Ecuador.
- Mexican club C.D Guadalajara is the only Mexican club that will not allow foreigners to play for the club.
- South Korean club Sangju Sangmu FC have players that are made up of young South Koreans footballers who are serving their compulsory two-year military duty. Due to this, Sangmu are not allowed to sign any foreign players due to the military status.

Similar to Athletic Bilbao who only play homegrown players (born in the Basque Country or learnt to play football at a Basque club).

9 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Similar to Athletic Bilbao who only play homegrown players (born in the Basque Country or learnt to play football at a Basque club).

Yeah, I knew about that one a while ago and it's very impressive that they are still in La Liga are all these years, good on them.

Another one was Scottish club Rangers FC would not sign any footballer that were known to be Roman Catholic but they stopped that in 1989. They told Gennaro Gattuso (by the way, really loved him back in the day) to take off his cross necklace.

No wonder why he lasted only a season with the Rangers before eventually going to AC Milan. 

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, MathyouWSW said:

Not that I advocate the Hungarian approach but The last few season, I find our sing songs jump up and down and applaud (As it’s a ESFC thing to boo) frustrating. The rubbish that been dished up over the Gumby, Babbel eras deserves a bit of good old Goodison Park booing and shouting of vulgar obscenity’s  

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

Not that I advocate the Hungarian approach but The last few season, I find our sing songs jump up and down and applaud (As it’s a ESFC thing to boo) frustrating. The rubbish that been dished up over the Gumby, Babbel eras deserves a bit of good old Goodison Park booing and shouting of vulgar obscenity’s  

The team has been booed off a number of times at half time and after games the last few years (I understand that isn't exactly the same as what you are suggesting).

24 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Many have wanted to but with some of the performances being that bad, the club doesn't deserve us paying a $5k+ fine on top of membership.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...