Jump to content
Benched

Interesting Football Stuff.

Recommended Posts

On 26/04/2020 at 12:31 PM, Prydzopolis said:

 

Did the kid design these as well?

xjbwguusq4u81pplw5mmfagr4.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

I found some interesting stuff about some certain clubs the other night. 

- Ecuadorian club C.D El Nacional will only sign players from Ecuador.
- Mexican club C.D Guadalajara is the only Mexican club that will not allow foreigners to play for the club.
- South Korean club Sangju Sangmu FC have players that are made up of young South Koreans footballers who are serving their compulsory two-year military duty. Due to this, Sangmu are not allowed to sign any foreign players due to the military status.

Edited by MathyouWSW

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, MathyouWSW said:

I found some interesting stuff about some certain clubs the other night. 

- Ecuadorian club C.D El Nacional will only sign players from Ecuador.
- Mexican club C.D Guadalajara is the only Mexican club that will not allow foreigners to play for the club.
- South Korean club Sangju Sangmu FC have players that are made up of young South Koreans footballers who are serving their compulsory two-year military duty. Due to this, Sangmu are not allowed to sign any foreign players due to the military status.

Similar to Athletic Bilbao who only play homegrown players (born in the Basque Country or learnt to play football at a Basque club).

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Similar to Athletic Bilbao who only play homegrown players (born in the Basque Country or learnt to play football at a Basque club).

Yeah, I knew about that one a while ago and it's very impressive that they are still in La Liga are all these years, good on them.

Another one was Scottish club Rangers FC would not sign any footballer that were known to be Roman Catholic but they stopped that in 1989. They told Gennaro Gattuso (by the way, really loved him back in the day) to take off his cross necklace.

No wonder why he lasted only a season with the Rangers before eventually going to AC Milan. 

Share this post


Link to post

 

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, MathyouWSW said:

Not that I advocate the Hungarian approach but The last few season, I find our sing songs jump up and down and applaud (As it’s a ESFC thing to boo) frustrating. The rubbish that been dished up over the Gumby, Babbel eras deserves a bit of good old Goodison Park booing and shouting of vulgar obscenity’s  

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

Not that I advocate the Hungarian approach but The last few season, I find our sing songs jump up and down and applaud (As it’s a ESFC thing to boo) frustrating. The rubbish that been dished up over the Gumby, Babbel eras deserves a bit of good old Goodison Park booing and shouting of vulgar obscenity’s  

The team has been booed off a number of times at half time and after games the last few years (I understand that isn't exactly the same as what you are suggesting).

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Not that I advocate the Hungarian approach but The last few season, I find our sing songs jump up and down and applaud (As it’s a ESFC thing to boo) frustrating. The rubbish that been dished up over the Gumby, Babbel eras deserves a bit of good old Goodison Park booing and shouting of vulgar obscenity’s  

Many have wanted to but with some of the performances being that bad, the club doesn't deserve us paying a $5k+ fine on top of membership.

Share this post


Link to post

BLOODY HELL, must be a great fit footballer to keep younger men out of the team (or is he the owner?)

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

I think I found one of the most weirdest/absurd stadiums in the world. This is Vozdovac Stadium in Belgrade, Serbia. The stadium is a rooftop stadium which is built on top of a shopping centre. 

Capacity of the stadium is 5.175.
 

 

Edited by MathyouWSW

Share this post


Link to post

What's the bet there's a Serbian BCF equivalent in the complex.

Share this post


Link to post

Good thing the Lowy's are out of football otherwise we'd have every club playing on top of a Westfield.

Share this post


Link to post

West Ham pretty much do now (play on top of a Westfield).

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Actually...this would have to be the worst...Cierny Balog Stadium. it's an amateur ground for TJ Tatran Cierny Balog

The video below will explain it all:
 

I guess if your team is losing during the first half, you can just hop of the train home. 

Edited by MathyouWSW

Share this post


Link to post

 

Share this post


Link to post

Istanbul Basaksehir signed Rafael and leaned into the ninja turtles link hard.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...